Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is his wall crawling ability passive or active?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

Just watched Amazing Spider-man on tv and it got me thinking....in both of the first Spider-man movies we see him struggling with the power when he first receives them with having his hands stick to things when he doesn't want them to...so does Spider-man have to actively turn off his wall crawling ability? Also does he have a conscious control over the strength of the ability like in Grim Hunt when we saw him rip the skin off of Sasha's face

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Ninjablade09
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By danhimself

@Ninjablade09: not really? while he does kind of address how it works (which I'm not sure that I agree with) he doesn't address if it's something that he has a conscious control of like if it's something that he turns on and off

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ninjablade09

@danhimself: Oh, ok been awhile since I read the rant so didn't remember it well. The wall crawling ability is constant, but he does indeed have conscious control over it. In order to actually crawl Spider-man has to think about it. Its completely based of his conscious. A good example is in one story Spidey prevented Anti-Venom from removing his mask by making it stick to his face. Based of Spider-man: Inside the World of Your Friendly Neighborhood Hero. It's a good book explains Spidey's powers in a simple way. Hope this helps. Sorry for not giving this the first time .

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By danhimself

@Ninjablade09: no problems....I was thinking that as well but I just needed someone else to say it to me lol

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ninjablade09

@danhimself: Ha. We all need that once in awhile. Spidey's powers are really cool in the science element to it.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@danhimself said:

@Ninjablade09: not really? while he does kind of address how it works (which I'm not sure that I agree with) he doesn't address if it's something that he has a conscious control of like if it's something that he turns on and off

Well I guess thats up to you but I pulled a lot of that information on how his wallcrawling out of the Marvel handbook and Comicvine itself so if you want to try and disagree with Marvel go ahead lol. Yes he does have concious control over his wallcrawling and what Ninja said is a prime example of it :)

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By consolemaster001

@Ninjablade09 said:

@danhimself: Ha. We all need that once in awhile. Spidey's powers are really cool in the science element to it.

All of superpowers are like that

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Mind. Blown.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

He has conscious control of how he adheres to objects but if he falls unconscious, he loses that ability.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.