Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17245 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is Black Cat really obsessed with Spider-Man?

• 75 results
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthfury78

It would seem so given her behavior. She even wears Spidey's cloths. Talk about wanting to be with the man you love.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

She was, but move on.

Or at least before the whole i am mentally 12 years old Joephisto Quesadilla changed everything.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darthfury78

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

She was, but move on.

Or at least before the whole i am mentally 12 years old Joephisto Quesadilla changed everything.

You should check out what Dan Slott's done to Felicia by making her into a villain, thanks to Otto Octavius:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

She was, but move on.

You should check out what Dan Slott's done to Felicia by making her into a villain, thanks to Otto Octavius:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This make me want to cry blood.

OttoOctavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000:

I don't see why. The reason he (being Superior Spider-man) attacked Black Cat is because he did not know Peter's and Felicia's history and attacked purely on the fact that she is a thief (who also happened to wrong Doc Ock in the past).

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@ottooctavius: he knew about their past (Peters memories right? ) he was just salty cuz she tried to kill him a while back

OttoOctavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ottooctavius: he knew about their past (Peters memories right? ) he was just salty cuz she tried to kill him a while back

I am trying to think if that was before or after he got rid of Peter's memories. Either he knew and was just too salty like you said or he didn't know.

Either way I am liking this new direction of Black Cat and I am excited to see where it goes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like seeing black cat as a villian actually

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ottooctavius: @jayc1324: I'm not against Black Cat being a villain again, I just kinda wish they had done it differently.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ottooctavius said:

@deathpoolthet1000:

I don't see why. The reason he (being Superior Spider-man) attacked Black Cat is because he did not know Peter's and Felicia's history and attacked purely on the fact that she is a thief (who also happened to wrong Doc Ock in the past).

Because it made Felicia look like a crazy axe idiot and Spiderman weak and stupid.

Its out of character, Felicia wouldnt attack Spiderman if he isnt the guilty one, she understand there is a guy under the suit.

There were better way to make her a villain again.

Like notice there is part of her that likes to be a villain and is in her nature.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darthfury78

@deathpoolthet1000: This makes for a very complicated situation for Spider-Man because of Felicia now believes that she's Otto Octavius, she'll go through the ends of the earth to make sure that Spider-Man is crushed until Felicia is finally convinced that Peter is telling her the truth. Although, I would have liked it better if Felicia had known about the chance in Spider-Man's behavior prior to SSM # 20. Thus she would have known what was going on. But do you feel that what happened to her bad luck powers at the time was a matter of convenience on Dan Slott's part?

Here is a link that is self explanatory on Dr. Ock's relationship with Felicia Hardy and how Slott used it to make her into Spider-Man's worst nightmare. As long as Felicia now believes that Spider-Man is really Dr. Ock, she's going to do all she can to make Spider-Man's life a living Hell until we see Dr. Ock's body and mind return.

http://www.comicscube.com/2013/02/back-issue-ben-black-cat-part-2.html

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I think she is.She has never moved on from him,and if she pretends that she has,she just fools herself.
    If he would ask her out(or something) she'd be down on his feet in no time....

@animehunter

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: This keep the whole Felicia is an axe crazy idiot thing.

Spiderman should be smart enough to find a way to tell her he is saying the truth or at least to run away from a fight he does not want.

Also you notice she screams i dont care, it means she doesnt really care if he is Peter, this isnt about Otto, is about her and the image she had about herself.

Felicia had always a very bad image of herself, it was character development that show she was over that, the whole she was obsessed with Spiderman thing was based on the bad image she made for herself, when she start having a better image of who she was, well the whole Spiderman thing was dead.

She never loved Spiderman, she loved what Spiderman made her feel about herself.

Now she is back at this point, where the others define her.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By animehunter

@punyparker said:

I think she is.She has never moved on from him,and if she pretends that she has,she just fools herself.

If he would ask her out(or something) she'd be down on his feet in no time....

@animehunter

That's what usually happens, but this time,, I'm not so sure

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: This time she thinks she hates him...........but she loves him,still.....believe me......

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

What Slott has done with Felicia lately is a joke.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOW DARE Y--..... yeah,you're right.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#18  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

She is as obsessed as Catwoman is obsessed with Batman.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: I liked the idea that over a period of time during the Pre-OMD Felicia began to fall in love with Peter Parker and not Spider-Man as it was the man behind the mask who helped her to be herself. She was never really happy with anyone else but Peter...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: Did you read it helped her to be herself.

That isnt going to work, main reason, her emotions are based on what she feels about herself.

That was going backwards again.

They could try to get them in a relationship, but at this point it feels hard to believe they can be together.

No Caption Provided

http://www.platypuscomix.net/miscellaneous/index.php?issue=11&seriesID=7

@madeinbangladesh said:

She is as obsessed as Catwoman is obsessed with Batman.

Love isnt one type of emotion, everybody feels love their own way and react how they have to.

The mistake people makes with love, is that is a universal emotion and its always the same.

Main reason why pretty much all relationships are going to fail

Not everbody feel loves the same way you do, that dont mean is obsession.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@deathpoolthet1000: haha wasn't expecting a reply expalining what love is. I was making a point that Catwoman and Black Cat are pretty much the same.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: haha wasn't expecting a reply expalining what love is. I was making a point that Catwoman and Black Cat are pretty much the same.

Because Black Cat was a copy, but like Deadpool and Deathstroke is hard to say they are the same character anymore.

No Caption Provided

I mean, Batman is the one that is watching Catwoman in a creppy way.

OttoOctavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope that Slott moves on from Spider-man. Felicia is just another character he has poorly used.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000:

1. Catwoman was created to be an enemy for Batman,because there were complains that the industry was lacking female antagonists.Black Cat was created to be a love interest for Spider-man......then DC started hooking up Catwoman and Batman together.....so basically Catwoman was based of Black Cat's aspects.....
    2. And it's not a secret that Deadpool was created of Slade.......they just wanted to change him a bit and added a little Spider-Man in there.
    No Caption Provided

I mean, Batman is the one that is watching Catwoman in a creppy way.

"creepy way".........you are a normal male......no complex.....no problems......straight.
    And you won't look at a woman's "arse" ?.....seriously!?

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

This new direction for Black Cat so far sucks. There's no nice way of putting it. Felicia isn't a lunatic but due too Dan Slott's bad writing she's apparently supposed to be one. Which makes no sense and ignores her characterization and continuity.

Agreed. So far I don't think Slott is as good as the praise he's gotten for Spider-Man.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. So far I don't think Slott is as good as the praise he's gotten for Spider-Man.

Very much so.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: There is have being something going on with those those since Batman 1.

I mean if i remember the Adam West show, tells you they are in love, the whole final scene in her first episode is amazingly deep and tells you what is going on with those two, beside the show let you see Batman doing everything in his power to let Catwoman walk free.

She even tells Bruce Wayne that she loves Batman, she doesnt know Bruce Wayne is Batman, there was no point in lying.

Sure in the comics it Black Cat predates current Catwoman, but its pretty much obvious Black Cats is based in the TV show Catwoman.

I mean Rises version goes with that costume for a reason, is when they start having a relationship.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I believe that Felicia did truly fall in love with Peter eventually. Marvel has aknowleged it in its a material. This thing that Slott is doing now is just a retcon/complete 180 of her character.

OttoOctavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I wouldn't mind seeing is a Black Cat and Silk feud. That would be interesting (if written well). That or a Black Cat on-going....if might be hard to do but it would have a pretty good following I think.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Have to admit,I laughed when Spock punched her.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to admit,I laughed when Spock punched her.

Hell yeah,me too.

@punyparker: There is have being something going on with those those since Batman 1.

I mean if i remember the Adam West show, tells you they are in love, the whole final scene in her first episode is amazingly deep and tells you what is going on with those two, beside the show let you see Batman doing everything in his power to let Catwoman walk free.

She even tells Bruce Wayne that she loves Batman, she doesnt know Bruce Wayne is Batman, there was no point in lying.

Sure in the comics it Black Cat predates current Catwoman, but its pretty much obvious Black Cats is based in the TV show Catwoman.

I mean Rises version goes with that costume for a reason, is when they start having a relationship.

Sexual tension was always gonna be a thing,but there wasn't anything intended to happen.
    Black Cat was a Spider-Man love interest,from the start,and was a thief,to create a moral distance between them.....the "bad girl-nice guy" theme.

Maybe you're right about the base of Black Cat( c'mon.....what are we arguing about.....they're both cat themed characters who steal for a living......too many similarities :P ) but i think that Catwoman appeared first in comics.....(?)

Let's say this.....as a character theme,Black Cat is based on Catwoman,but as the relationship with the hero,Catwoman borrows some stuff drom Felicia.
    Love both. :)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

What I wouldn't mind seeing is a Black Cat and Silk feud. That would be interesting (if written well). That or a Black Cat on-going....if might be hard to do but it would have a pretty good following I think.

Agreed

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PunyParker

That's where it breaks down.....

OttoOctavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Poor Felicia. She doesn't deserve to be depicted the way she is now. I am clinging to her Heroes for Hire characterisation.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

Poor Felicia. She doesn't deserve to be depicted the way she is now. I am clinging to her Heroes for Hire characterisation.

No character deserve what is going on with comics, sadly that is the world we live in now.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Sure in the comics it Black Cat predates current Catwoman.

Nah, in comics everything Spider-Man/Black Cat did had already been done by Batman/Catwoman before Black Cat even existed.

In the 40s Batman was letting Catwoman escape and Catwoman was secretly saving Batman's life from thugs, she'd also stolen a kiss from him. She even dated Bruce Wayne for a while in one issue from this era IIRC and thought about giving up her life of crime.

In the 60s Catwoman tried to force Batman into Marrying her

In the mid 70s Batman admitted that he had feelings for Catwoman.

in April 1979 they talk about going on a date

Black Cat's first issue was July 1979, all that they do in the issue is the same playful stuff Batman and Catwoman were doing in the 1940s, (stealing kisses, flirting etc) at this point Batman and Catwoman have gotten serious and are dating each other.

In June 1980 Black Cat is revealed to be mentally ill, she has yet to date Spider-Man.

End of 1981 Selina breaks up with Bruce

in 1982 Roger Stern decides to retcon Black Cat's mental illness because he likes the character, he then starts them dating.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By darthfury78
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Sure in the comics it Black Cat predates current Catwoman.

Nah, in comics everything Spider-Man/Black Cat did had already been done by Batman/Catwoman before Black Cat even existed.

That^

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@punyparker: That's not really true. Right after Carly broke up with him, Peter became a little desperate and with no other woman to turn he actually called Felicia for a "booty call", and was hoping to get together again. But Felicia refused, telling Peter that while she liked him, she didn't want to be his rebound, and just left him there feeling sorry for himself.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PunyParker

@anjales said:

@punyparker: That's not really true. Right after Carly broke up with him, Peter became a little desperate and with no other woman to turn he actually called Felicia for a "booty call", and was hoping to get together again. But Felicia refused, telling Peter that while she liked him, she didn't want to be his rebound, and just left him there feeling sorry for himself.

I don;t think that's what happened......he fell upon Felicia and it all just happened.....noone called anyone...

On what chronical period are you refering?

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: yeah sorry, this takes place in issue 677 Pete never called her, but he ran into her, and so he decided to rekindle things, but Cat could quickly tell that he was just dumped and told him that she has no interest in being a rebound romance.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjales said:

@punyparker: yeah sorry, this takes place in issue 677 Pete never called her, but he ran into her, and so he decided to rekindle things, but Cat could quickly tell that he was just dumped and told him that she has no interest in being a rebound romance.

Ah!...the DD issue right?

Yeah that was ,remotelly,a DD story,and she had to be into DD in this story,so Spidey had to be dumped.
    Pathetic Spider-Man writing by Waid........

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: well most of the focus was on Spidey since it was his book, DD came around the second half of the issue. Honestly I never read the second part of that story, which took place in the DD book. Part 1, took place in ASM and part 2 took place in DD, both written by Waid. So I don't know what the writer was doing with Black Cat, but as far as the first issue goes, there wasn't any interaction between Matt and Felicia, I don't know if Part 2 changed that but in any case nothing seems to have come out of it. And yeah I wasn't a big fan of that portrayal, it seems Mark was putting on his BND cap on when he was writing Spidey even though Peter has moved on from that phase so it felt like a step back. However, admittedly, his version of Spidey is one of the most hilarious and genuinely funny depictions of the character.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zarius

@jayc1324 said:

You have no respect or value for Felicia's character or history actually

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
    i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

@jayc1324 said:

You have no respect or value for Felicia's character or history actually

and you don't know felicia. she was a spidey villain for a long time.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

She was, but move on.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I like her as a villian

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjales said:

@punyparker: well most of the focus was on Spidey since it was his book, DD came around the second half of the issue. Honestly I never read the second part of that story, which took place in the DD book. Part 1, took place in ASM and part 2 took place in DD, both written by Waid. So I don't know what the writer was doing with Black Cat, but as far as the first issue goes, there wasn't any interaction between Matt and Felicia, I don't know if Part 2 changed that but in any case nothing seems to have come out of it. And yeah I wasn't a big fan of that portrayal, it seems Mark was putting on his BND cap on when he was writing Spidey even though Peter has moved on from that phase so it felt like a step back. However, admittedly, his version of Spidey is one of the most hilarious and genuinely funny depictions of the character.

Waid was writing DD then,so this issue was a clear set up for his DD story,which would continue in the Daredevil comics.......

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.