Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

if you could be the writer of Spider-man for a year.

• 101 results
    FatFriar_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#101  Edited By FatFriar_16

First of all: They CAN'T bring Uncle Ben back (permanently) just check out the last Amazing Spider-Man annual if you want to see what Spider-Man would have been like with Ben in his life. It's a sad thing... But, that character development after Ben's death: "With great power comes great responsibility" is one of the things that makes Peter Parker who he is. Growing up and past the deaths of Ben, Mr. Stacey, and Gwen were permanent and needed deaths for the story arc of the true hero: Peter. That being said, he never should have made the deal with the Devil. It's just not in his character. Even though he loves his auntie, he wouldn't have dealt with Satan. I mean he's already dealt with the same sort of pain before (his enemies killing those he loves most). He should have just had to get over it and develop his character more. He would have been a more stagnant character, but still nobler. I think the writers were getting bored of his steady relationship and steadying life. But, that was who he was: an average teenager who became the average guy... fighting villains because he was responsible to... I'd reverse the deal with Mephisto, but in a way that didn't technically "reverse" it, but took away most of the effects (like stopping Pete from sleeping around, uncharacteristically, saving aunt may, losing his future child, and destroying his love life with MJ). He needs to get his character back. That's one thing I really liked about the AVX cross-over. That's who he is. He tries even though he isn't the strongest. It's not the power that makes him great and they screwed him up pretty bad. It would be a tough year to recover. What I'd do: Besides that... story-wise... I'd definitely have him team-up with Deadpool, ending with them fighting each other because of some stupid mistake and no one winning, DP just getting bored and doing something else. I'd do something with Kingpin, he hasn't been around for a while (directly) and he's really got a force behind him now that needs to be stopped. (I think that's coming up anyway.) I'd make him fight that new hobgoblin... He's BA... Maybe have a couple other cameos... not too many though... It would be awesome if they brought back Noir... Pete should be trapped in the 1930s and then Noir trapped in modern time... everything gets screwey, madame web shows up... and they have to fight some random, but superpowerful villain to fix it (not mysterio like the video game, but they should bring Mysterio back sometime).... I'd like to leave Pete as a scientist, he's finally doing what he always wanted to do...... And, towards the end of the year, I'd bring back the Lizard by letting the dark side of him tear apart a couple prison guards, free a bunch of convicts (for the next year to fight) and ending up going straight to Pete (as the normal mind) for him to help.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.