Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

if you could be the writer of Spider-man for a year.

• 101 results
    Avatar image for marvelcomicsandbatmanfanatic
    marvelcomicsandbatmanfanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

What story(s) would you write? It doesnt nessicarily have to be a comic. 
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

I don't know what i'd write but I know a few things I would do if I got my hands on it:

-Kill Mary Jane

-Get Spider-man out of the Avengers, FF and whatever other team they shoved him in too boost sales.

-Bring back Ben

-Bring back Norman Osborn as a Spider-man Villain (i miss him).

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull: What part did I lose you at? And no offense taken lol.

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Aeroman

If I've written Spider-man here is what I would do

1. Kill Carlie cooper

2. Give him a new love interest that actually works

3. Give him some new villains

4. kill off some his old villains

5. Give him a day off of crime fighting

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Strider92: i love MJ, :)

I did like her but now not so much. Keeping her in after OMD just seems wrong. I'm secretly hoping 700 kills her. I can just see every MJ fan reading this and silently judging how best to execute me lol.

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Strider92: i love MJ, :), and bringing ben back is kind of wrong since uts what makes spider-man so awesome , never intended to be offensive buddy :)

Yeah I know you weren't I was just trolling :p

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

First I'd break the deal with Mephisto, but I would make it so everything that had happened since the deal was made still occurred and his identity was still secret and make Spiderman actually deal with his grown up responsibilities like marriage and facing Aunt May's death with dignity. I would actually make him deal with all the problems caused both by the deal and by breaking it. If I decide that he needs to be single, he'll get a damned divorce like an actual responsible adult would instead making a retarded deal with a creature he knew was going to screw him.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull said:

but be careful, there are crazy fan girls and fan boys out there

allfornot2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By allfornot2

1. Bring his personality back in line with how it was in JMS's run. He had the respect of the Super Hero community, and actually acted like he was in his late twenties/early thirties. He was also a hell of a lot better fighter during this run, and still managed to use his brain to win battles. It was a nice balance between his powers/skills, and his smarts.

2. Give him a small power boost. Just a bit more strength and speed. From 10 tons to 15 tons.

3.Explain how and why Quentin Beck has come back to life.

4.Either let him actually do something in the New Avengers or get him out of that team.

5.Kill Aunt May (not, like killed by a super villain. A natural death). Have him grow a bit closer to Jonah Sr. because of this.

6. Probably eventually get him back with Mary Jane.

7. Revisit Mary Jane's family that showed up for a bit in the 80s, then disappeared forever.

8. Bring Norman Osborn back to being a Spider adversary, but not as the Green Goblin,

9.Have Morlun return, and stalk Spider-man.

Edit:Just realized it was only for a hypothetical year. It would be tough to cram all this into one year, so let's go with only doing.

and 9.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Strider92: you are a brave soldier, now as a friend i give this on your battle quest

No Caption Provided

Awesome I know just what to do with these! Those fans won't know what hit them:

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By fodigg

I'd spend my year making MJ relevant to Parker's life but while distancing them romantically because I dislike the current, teasing status quo of the "are they dating? I don't get it." This would include:

• Just giving MJ powers already, or maybe just giving her a "web-shooter gun" and she doesn't fight crime so much as gets into trouble but is able to get herself back out of said trouble. (objective: remove any vestigial "damsel in distress" element)
    • Give both Parker and MJ new love interests, although keep Cooper in the picture. (objective: shift Peter & MJ's status away from "star crossed lovers" by showing, at least potentially, they're compatible with other partners)
    • Give them a working relationship so there's a reason for them to hang out other than just wanting to see each other. This could be as simple as MJ's becoming the official bar of the Horizon Labs' staff. (objective: let them bump into each other instead of having to seek each other out, which makes it look like their making each other special priorities. Also, it allows you to consolidate his supporting cast into one group.)
    • After they're established apart in different relationships and lives, throw a wrench in their respective love stories so they can have one final night together romantically. (objective: to acknowledge what they've had before—or I guess, what "could have been"—while showing via the afterglow that they simply no longer work, and they can't go back to that relationship. Do this via bittersweet nostalgia and a lack of "spark", not through anger or regret.)
    • Final arc of the year: MJ is pregnant, and she doesn't know if it's Peter's, but it probably is. Paparazzi find out and swarm both of them, complicating their lives (and Spider-Man's). (objective: put "mister responsibility" in a real situation to test that mantra, not a "heroic" test of it. Provide a potential link for them that won't be easily broken even though they're established apart.)
    • Final issue: Peter wants to do right by MJ and is willing to quit everything—both Spider-Man and the job at Horizon Labs—to be Mr. Dad, but MJ tells him 1) the world needs Spider-Man, 2) the world needs Peter Parker the inventor, 3) as a celebrity and successful club owner she's financially capable on her own, 4) they both know they don't belong in a marriage, and 5) the baby isn't his. Peter is relieved but still concerned for MJ being a single mom. MJ tells him she's actually looking forward to being a mother—that she's ready for the responsibility—and that he'll have to just be a "good uncle" to the baby. Last panel reveals that the baby is Peter's, and MJ lied. (objective: May "Mayday" Parker, a good hook for future drama, and a promise of a lasting relationship with MJ for her fans, but a reinforcement of the "single Peter Parker" status quo.)

I know some people might feel the above would age Parker too much, but he's not exactly a teenager even in his current status quo. I think there's a lot of story that can branch out from the above.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Make an issue regarding to mattie franklin's death
    2. Make a huge crossover with venom, scarlet spider and madam web with the return of morlun
    3. Peter & MJ go back together
    4. Have issue with Aunt May dying, with her soul forever belonging to Mephisto as punishment for making the deal.
    5. Use some Spidey's underused villains (like hyrdoman or puma) with a different re-imaging
    6. Kill off Harry Osborn
    7. Bring back the Prowler
    8. Keep peter's brains
    9. Make peter do something in the New avengers which isn't just comedy relief
    10. Bring back the walrus for the lulz

That's all I have for now

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Luster77

F*ckin awesome response....I feel the same way. I dislike how they keep dumbing Spidey down jus to keep him young...Spidey has grown up and come a long way as a superhero and a man...to me, OMD has taken away any future potential of Pete becoming something more with his intelligence, powers and humor. The way he's being presented to the masses today, you literally can't take him serious.

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Luster77

My story would go as such: Peter and MJ have been close for some strange reason, eerily close because of some feeling that there was something there (marriage). Aunt May is in love again with her new boyfriend, right? Well, this would be the kicker in my story. Aunt May's new boyfriend is really Mephisto. Keeping tabs on his investment with the deal brokered between Pete, MJ and himself....ooooh, scary. One More Day would turn into (and I hate to say this but my idea was coincidentally robbed by the new Daredevil title: End of Days) Spider-Man: End of Days, where this pussy has to grow up and accept full on responsibilities of being a powerful superhero and a man with morals. Aunt May's been on her death bed more times than I'd like to count, I'd give her the big window pane in the sky storyline that she so richly deserves. This could be another turning point for ol' web head and make him mature in a dark humor kind of sense. I got other awesomer idea's I don't care to share for potential of plagurism and copyright infringement. But, I would drastically and dramatically alter that bullshit One More Day storyline. While we're at it, lets get back into the Evolve or Die storyline that could have potentially made Spider-Man one bad ass motherfucker that even Captain America would be afraid to face...lol

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By danhimself

bring back Ben...kill off MVP and give Ben the Iron Spider costume....take the Scarlet Spider identity away from Kaine and give it to Ben

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Strider1992

@danhimself said:

bring back Ben...kill off MVP and give Ben the Iron Spider costume....take the Scarlet Spider identity away from Kaine and give it to Ben

Although I love the Scarlet Spider series I think Kaine should have kept the name Tarantula. Tarantula suits Kaine well. Its a big a$$ spider that is more brutal than its smaller cousins.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spidey 15

@Strider92: I don't agree with the first three. Especially with the Ben part. It's just me though, but i certainly agree with Norman returning.

:)

@joshmightbe said:

First I'd break the deal with Mephisto, but I would make it so everything that had happened since the deal was made still occurred and his identity was still secret and make Spiderman actually deal with his grown up responsibilities like marriage and facing Aunt May's death with dignity. I would actually make him deal with all the problems caused both by the deal and by breaking it. If I decide that he needs to be single, he'll get a damned divorce like an actual responsible adult would instead making a retarded deal with a creature he knew was going to screw him.

I like that idea, a lot.

@allfornot2:

Bring his personality back in line with how it was in JMS's run. He had the respect of the Super Hero community, and actually acted like he was in his late twenties/early thirties. He was also a hell of a lot better fighter during this run, and still managed to use his brain to win battles. It was a nice balance between his powers/skills, and his smarts.

Not sure if you are implying that right now, Peter does not do these stuff anymore( like having a nice balance between power and brains or acting as he should according to his age ). I'm not sure if that was your point but it sounded as if you don't see these stuff anymore and you want to bring them back.

allfornot2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By allfornot2

@spidey 15: Yeah. Pete has felt a little too immature for me ever since OMD. It's gotten better since the whole Big Time arc started, but JMS's Pete, at least I thought, seemed perfect for someone who was in his late twenties. Mature, but still fun. Slott's Pete is fine, but I liked JMS's better. As for the better fighter stuff, maybe it's just me, but it seems like Spidey is always getting his ass kicked. It's gotten better recently as well, but when I was archive binging from the Beginning of BND onwards, I was actively dreading action scenes, because I knew Spidey was going to get his ass beat again. In the JMS run, the balance between power and brains was perfect. He felt extremely powerful and extremely smart.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By spidey 15

@allfornot2: I think i get your point. But i believe that was the purpose of OMD anyway, to make Pete's personality a bit more immature. You are right on that part but i believe they didn't take it on a big level where i would actually complain about it. Actually i find it better, but that's just me.

I disagree on the fighting part though. In Slott's run is actually the opposite since he is kicking a lot of @$$ but even before that, he had a lot of moments where he was spectacular. Like in issue 563 where he was beating all those villains in the bar or in some issues of the Gauntlet or in Grim Hunt. I see what you are saying about the JMS run but i have to say, he wasn't always at his best, even in that run.

But for me, Slott is doing the best possible thing with him IMHO. He have him making all those awesome gadgets, and having his new skills combined with powers to beat tough opponents.

allfornot2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By allfornot2

@spidey 15: I think I'm coming across as more critical of Slott's run than I mean to. I'm enjoying it by all means, and JMS did have some pretty spectacular low points, but overall I just enjoyed JMS more. Though, I may be a bit unconsciously biased, since I started reading ASM while JMS was the writer, so I have a particular soft spot for that era

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By danhimself

@Strider92 said:

@danhimself said:

Although I love the Scarlet Spider series I think Kaine should have kept the name Tarantula. Tarantula suits Kaine well. Its a big a$$ spider that is more brutal than its smaller cousins.

I like that idea a lot

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By Hazlenaut

Ok tough one lets see I would fix the sins past arc. It would require four issue arc

Make a translator for symbiotes. Is it ok to borrow fantastic four for a few issues

Peter makes a robot spider that helps around the house. Frogman helps him test out his new gear to see what works in battle.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spidey 15

@allfornot2 said:

@spidey 15: I think I'm coming across as more critical of Slott's run than I mean to. I'm enjoying it by all means, and JMS did have some pretty spectacular low points, but overall I just enjoyed JMS more. Though, I may be a bit unconsciously biased, since I started reading ASM while JMS was the writer, so I have a particular soft spot for that era

I totally understand that and it makes a lot of sense the reason you enjoyed more JMS's run. Besides, to each his own, right?

:)))

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By daredevil21134

@joshmightbe said:

A-MEN

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By soduh2

Break the OMD deal, yet allow there to be consequences branching from that event, he still redeems himself into a respected hero but he has to work harder. Only Peter and Mary Jane remember the altered reality.

-People know Peter is Spider-man

-still married

-Peter spends some time behind bars

-Aunt May is dead

-Tony Stark lets him off early in guilt of May's death

-Peter has his "other" powers and Shang-Chi training (remembered from the previous reality).

-The FF thinks Peter is crazy when he suggests Johnny is still living in the negative zone. When he returns Peter will be like "I knew it!"

-Peter auditions for his job at horizon labs and get's it on a strict trial basis before earning a top spot in the think tank. Gets more respect as a genius, rather than the new guy who got lucky.

-Takes a direction similar to what the Avengers Academy suggested. Using his celebrity to boost his image.

-Spider-Island still happens. Though Peter is able to take care of it faster (while allowing certain things to happen like kaine getting cured).

-Ends of the Earth still happens as well.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spidey 15

@soduh2: I'm not sure if i like some of these stuff. As i have agreed with another user, breaking the deal is not at all a bad idea. But i don't really like the fact that people would still know his identity and the he would still be married. And as much as i like the other powers, i think it would be more interesting without them, though that's not anything that i would mind to see anyway.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By TDK_1997

I would make Hobgoblin appear more.Put him up with MJ again and will make Jonah finally have some respect to him.

Avatar image for deadpoolspidey877
    deadpoolspidey877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

get peter together with carol to please fans, give him a little more of a healing factor so he could help more people and make him reveal his identity to everyone at horizon so he could get a lot of new tech and such

SpideyFan113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SpideyFan113

Restore Spidey to how badass he was years ago, when he was making fools out of the entire X-men and taking down T-rex's with single punches, and make him win far more battles. You can tell by reading the oldies that Stan wanted Spider-man to be the best out of all Marvel. And if the original creator wrote the character like that, it should stay that way IMO. I'd make a lot more badass crossovers like Spidey/Deadpool, Spidey/Wolvie, and Spidey/DD; can't remember the last time those two teamed up. And I'd definetly make Spidey less of a "everything's my fault" emo. I love Dan Slott's run, but it really does piss me off how many times Spider-man blames himself for stuff. Like how he's been REALLY sad about his Uncle Ben's death recently even though that happened over a decade ago. At this time he shouldn't be like "I'm just being Spider-man cuz I feel guilty".

He's saved so many lives and done so many great things, at this point he should be Spider-man just to stay as Spider-man. And I am diggin how Spider-man's been building so many new gadgets and suits, I'd keep that. I'd also find a way to make everything return to normal before Civil War (everyone who knew his identity before then still knew) and do it in a non-retarded way like OMD, but still try and make him keep the powers he had after The Other.

And a story I've been really wanting to tell is one where the entire world is being invaded by symbiotes and Carnage is the ring leader, but its Norman Osborn using the Carnage symbiote instead of Cletus. :O Spider-man is forced to use the symbiote again to save the earth (and maybe the universe) from a symbiote take over but before that, the original Venom comes back to help Spidey and maybe Flash will get Toxin. The entire Avengers and FF team up with Spidey, Venom, and Toxin. And shit gets real. That would be way more epic than Ends of the Earth and make more sense. I still can't believe Ock convinced the entire world Spidey, Sable, and Widow are terrorists when the SS's records don't exactly help them while Spidey has many reasons to give the world why they should listen to him. I would rock the shit outta that comic. :D

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By spidey 15

@SpideyFan113: I think the thing about Stan writing spidey as impressive as he did back then, was just because he wanted to make him impressive at his first stories. It makes sense to want your character at his first appearances to be badass. That doesn't mean he should or stay like that. If you also remember, Stan Lee himself was the one who wrote the story where DD humiliated spidey in their fight. I hope you get my point. Spidey is always impressive. But also he should have his low moments as every character have,

But the idea of an arc about a symbiote invasion being written like that, sounds like an amazing idea. But i don't understand why it would make more sense that Ends of Earth. I haven't read the arc yet, i have just ordered it from ebay and wait for it, but i don't believe Dan make a story where the villain just convinced the world about something like that in just an easy way, and no make sense at all. Dan has proven he is not that kind of a writer.

:)))))

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I would get Mary Jane and Spidey back together

aaunderoath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By aaunderoath

@Death Certificate said:

1. Make an issue regarding to mattie franklin's death
    2. Make a huge crossover with venom, scarlet spider and madam web with the return of morlun
    3. Peter & MJ go back together
    4. Have issue with Aunt May dying, with her soul forever belonging to Mephisto as punishment for making the deal.
    5. Use some Spidey's underused villains (like hyrdoman or puma) with a different re-imaging
    6. Kill off Harry Osborn
    7. Bring back the Prowler
    8. Keep peter's brains
    9. Make peter do something in the New avengers which isn't just comedy relief
    10. Bring back the walrus for the lulz

That's all I have for now

I'd like to point out that your answer is the only one that doesn't completely erase all the development in Spidey's life over the past 6 years and also congratulations for being one of the only people to not answer with a OMD part 2 scenario

SpideyFan113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SpideyFan113

@spidey 15: Why thank you. :) Was hoping that story arc wouldn't just sound awesome in my head. And yeah, every character does need low points, otherwise a too perfect character is uninteresting *cough* Superman *cough*. :P

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By spidey 15

@SpideyFan113: Seriously, it sounds great to me. Maybe with a few decent changes, but still great. Also, i expected to explain what did you meant it would make more sense than Ends of Earth. Unless of course you are going to reveal any more spoilers, then i prefer to read the arc first and then discuss about it.

:P

Retro_Metro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By Retro_Metro

A new good well written action-packed saga would satisfy me.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JonSmith

1. Have Spider-Man and Venom (Flash) team up to take down Toxin (Eddie).

2. Have Spidey capture the Toxin symbiote and lock it in his black box at Horizon for study.

3. Carlie Cooper is found dead, savagely ripped apart as if by a large predator. Spidey thinks the Lizard and goes hunting.

4. Spidey finds people ripped apart and half eaten in the sewers, and barely manages to escape a massive explosion within. After escaping, he finds the Lizard, mauled in a similar fashion to the other victims.

5. Unable to find anything, he remembers that Toxin has a tracking ability, and finds Patrick Mulligan, who reluctantly agrees to bond with the symbiote again to help Spider-Man.

6. Toxin leads Spider-Man around town, eventually ending the trail at MJ's home. They arrive just in time to stop a large creature from attacking her. Spidey and Toxin give chase.

7. Turns out the creature that killed Carlie and nearly got MJ is a new form of Norman Osborn, having mutated himself into a Green Goblin closer to the Ultimate version, but using a glider and various tech.

8. Norman activates a device planted within the Toxin symbiote that forces it to attack Spidey, having set it up prior to Spidey and Venom capturing it. Toxin and Spidey fight while Norman escapes, stating that he's only beginning to hurt Spider-Man.

All I can think of off the top of my head.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By Timandm
    • Spider-Man storyline showing how Peter Parker undoes that horrid deal with Mephisto.. Thus, he gets M.J. back AND she is pregnant with his daughter.
    • Spider-Man KILLS Norman Osborn so badly (yes, I said he kills him so badly) that Osborn not only dies but never comes back!!! EVER!!! BUUUUU WAAAAHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
    • Spider-Man designs a new uniform that is BLACK, and made of unstable molecules that were fused with a symbiote...
    • May, the daughter of Peter and Mary Jane Parker, is born and absolutely NOT kidnapped.
    • Peter Parker finds a way to TAKE THE POWER AWAY FROM THAT IRRITATING ALPHA KID!!!! (a smidgen of the power "parker particles" falls on Carlie Cooper and she becomes a super cop)
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42  Edited By Timandm

@Death Certificate said:

1. Make peter do something in the New avengers which isn't just comedy relief

:HEY! Hey now, wait just one darn minute!!!! He's done more than be the comedy relief!!! Remember that story line in which he....that one time when he... he um... You know, he did that... that thing... Okay, I got nuthin....

I'm glad to hear someone feels that way... It's mind boggling the way he is almost looked down upon by most of the Avengers...

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By spidey 15

@Timandm: No offence bro, but i wouldn't want you to be a spidey writer. I wouldn't have a problem if spidey ever killed somebody, if at least is written in a decent way. But you give me the strange feeling that you shouldn't be the guy to write such an event.

:)))

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Strider1992

I would also retcon the f**k out of Sins Past. The story would be retconned so badly the writer would cry tears of pain at my physical brutality towards it!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Strider92 said:

I don't know what i'd write but I know a few things I would do if I got my hands on it:

-Kill Mary Jane

Kill her? Nah, just erase her memory again.

-Get Spider-man out of the Avengers, FF and whatever other team they shoved him in too boost sales.

Without a doubt.

-Bring back Ben

I assume you mean Ben Reilly and not Uncle Ben.

If so, then yes.

-Bring back Norman Osborn as a Spider-man Villain (i miss him).

Only if it were as Green Goblin though.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Strider1992

@Deranged Midget: Yeah I meant Ben Reilly. Also as I said above i'd retcon the holy hell out of Sins Past.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Strider92 said:

@Deranged Midget: Yeah I meant Ben Reilly. Also as I said above i'd retcon the holy hell out of Sins Past.

*high five*

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I would utilize a lot of his c-list rouge gallery. I think it's cool that we get the Lizard and Doc Ock, but Spider-man has so many baddies and alot of them barely see the light. I mean characters like The Fly, Armada, Grizzly. But I would of course make them more of a threat, more determined, more focused. I would showcase his martial arts a whole lot more, instead of making it something he learned once and never really used again. I would remove Aunt May. I know it's sad, but Peter cannot truly progress with this woman in his life. He is no longer the guy who had to toil over his doting Aunt any longer. Hell, the Ultimate line knew better then to stick with that. I would also stray away from the love interest for a while, and focus on Peter fighting crime, growing as a scientist, and his new ''old" villian's popping up more vicious then before.

I would bring Spider-man into the paths of more violent crime fighters like Frank Castle, Solo, and Domino. I would have him some what come to understand (though still not agree) with their methods. He would see things Through their eyes. (The aftermath of rape/murder victims, the lives ruined by domestic abuse, ect). He would go down a long journey of self discovery, asking himself if what he does truly makes a difference. Or if he could do more. That's when his science would kick in. I'd like to have Peter in a more obsessive scientist role ala Reed Richards. My story would just be Peter going through this phase of ''Who am I?" Leading him to the hero he would ultimately become.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By spidey 15

@Guardiandevil83: I like you ideas. You would obviously do a great run if you would ever took the series on your hands. But what i disagree on is the Martial Arts thing. I think he mostly uses it when he needs it the most. It would be stupid to use it constantly against villains that they are way to easy to beat. Personally i even found it pointless when he used it against the vultures in issue 675.

Not that i would mind if he used it all the time, but my point is that i don't believe it's something he learn but never used. There these specific occasions when he actually did.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@spidey 15 said:

@Guardiandevil83: I like you ideas. You would obviously do a great run if you would ever took the series on your hands. But what i disagree on is the Martial Arts thing. I think he mostly uses it when he needs it the most. It would be stupid to use it constantly against villains that they are way to easy to beat. Personally i even found it pointless when he used it against the vultures in issue 675.

Not that i would mind if he used it all the time, but my point is that i don't believe it's something he learn but never used. There these specific occasions when he actually did.

I agree. Lol. I wasn't talking about making him Peter-Norris or anything just have him use it, as you said, in certain situations. Like having to recall certain things he learned when fighting opponents equal to him in nearly every category. Vermin, Puma, ect. Have him not simply rely on his ''spidey sense" to help him, but manipulate it to become better. Not exactly like 'What If" but perhaps heading in the direction. But I get'cha, just cuz Spidey looks like a ninja dosen't mean he should be one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.