Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

If you could add 2 more abilities to Spidey...

Just_J79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Just_J79

If you could add 2 more powers to Peter Parker (current spidey) what would they be? Even if they are somewhat out of character like optic blasts or what not, what would you give him and why?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

This came up in another thread a while back so i'm just gonna post the same thing I did then:

-Spider metabolisms work faster than humans so perhaps the ability to react even quicker (almost seeing things in slow motion kinda like the web rush in The Amazing Spider-man game) might be a good one for Spider-man. Your metabolism is based of how much food you eat so to prevent Spider-man trolling that move and using it all the time you could make so that after he's used it he has to eat to regain energy or something along those lines.

-Retractable exo-skeleton.

-I heard somewhere that while female spiders excrete pheromones, male spiders can "hypnotize" their mate to stop themselves getting eaten. You could have some sort of hypnotic effect that could come from Spider-mans eyes either inducing a kind of drowsiness(not putting them to sleep just making the opponent sluggish) or inducing fear.

-When a spider catches prey in its web such as a wasp or a beetle that both have a very strong exo-skeletons the spider still instinctively knows where to bite to get past the defenses. You could give Spider-man the sense to instinctively know the weak spot on an opponent (kinda like Karnak except this actually has a viable reason behind it lol).

-Some tarantulas can release irritating hairs that can cause temporary blindness. Not sure what you could do with that to be honest but just throwing it out there lol. Perhaps a pheromone of some-sort that causes temporary blindness?

I could get on-board with any 2 of these (possibly not the blindness one though that was just me thinking about what spiders can do).

BlueArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlueArrow

@Strider92: Gotta say. I really like the first two abilities listed and you have decent reasons why they could work.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strider1992

@BlueArrow: Yeah I remember being bored at the time so I went online and looked up a ton of crap about spiders lol.

InfamousFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By InfamousFish

Miles has that venom sting, that paralyzes his foes. I think it would be cool if Peter had that. Also Miles cloaking ability would also be a nice addition.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By mewmdude77

I'd say the ability to summon spiders/command them would be a cool one, like what Ant man had, and then the poison stingers are definitely a cool power.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shawnbaby

I'd just give him back his "Other" powers...probably without the bone spikes though...they don't suit Peter.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By spidey 15

@Strider92: WOW, Impressive spider knowledge. I think the ability to hypnotize and find weak spots sound the best to me to add. :)

allfornot2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By allfornot2

I would give him his "Other" power up back, minus the stingers though. And I like the idea the put forward about him finding the weakness of people that he webbed. I also wouldn't hate him getting his own venom strike or whatever Miles has.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By fodigg

The tough thing about this question is that they've already given so many new powers to him over the years:

So really, what more can we give him? Considering his "inventor" archetype you could really give him just about anything.

Personally, I don't see why some sort of sonic attack device isn't a permanent part of his arsenal. It seems like sonic weapons are the go-to device in so many circumstances, either because the target is vulnerable to sonics (e.g., Venom, Carnage) or as a way to bypass invulnerability. Some sort of sonic gun or grenades would be useful.

Other than that, I don't know why he hasn't stolen Osborne's glider designs yet. That seems way more convenient than swinging around the city.

Just_J79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Just_J79

@Strider92: Sorry if this post came up a while back my bad.

I agree with the exoskeleton though. For YEARS I wondered why he never got one. I also agree with the weak spot. That would really supplement a spider sense

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strider1992

@Just_J79 said:

@Strider92: Sorry if this post came up a while back my bad.

I agree with the exoskeleton though. For YEARS I wondered why he never got one. I also agree with the weak spot. That would really supplement a spider sense

No worries the thread in question wasn't even dedicated to this topic it somehow went off subject lol so this is perfectly ok.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#13  Edited By TDK_1997

Like Miles Morales,going invisible and the sting that paralyzes his enemies.

cosmictoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cosmictoxin

I would give him some of spider-girls(his daughter). her spider sense allows her to pinpoint an enemy's weak spot so she can focus all attacks on that. and she gained the ability to trap enemy's by sticking to what they are touching. for example, spider-man would be chasing a robber but instead of running after them he would stick to the ground near them and then the robbers would be stuck in that spot. since he's spider-man he would find more creative ways to use that power.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

The ability to be immune to unnecessary retcons that do little more then piss off old fans.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By SpidermanWins

@Just_J79:

@Strider92 said:

This came up in another thread a while back so i'm just gonna post the same thing I did then:

-Spider metabolisms work faster than humans so perhaps the ability to react even quicker (almost seeing things in slow motion kinda like the web rush in The Amazing Spider-man game) might be a good one for Spider-man. Your metabolism is based of how much food you eat so to prevent Spider-man trolling that move and using it all the time you could make so that after he's used it he has to eat to regain energy or something along those lines.

-Retractable exo-skeleton.

-I heard somewhere that while female spiders excrete pheromones, male spiders can "hypnotize" their mate to stop themselves getting eaten. You could have some sort of hypnotic effect that could come from Spider-mans eyes either inducing a kind of drowsiness(not putting them to sleep just making the opponent sluggish) or inducing fear.

-When a spider catches prey in its web such as a wasp or a beetle that both have a very strong exo-skeletons the spider still instinctively knows where to bite to get past the defenses. You could give Spider-man the sense to instinctively know the weak spot on an opponent (kinda like Karnak except this actually has a viable reason behind it lol).

-Some tarantulas can release irritating hairs that can cause temporary blindness. Not sure what you could do with that to be honest but just throwing it out there lol. Perhaps a pheromone of some-sort that causes temporary blindness?

I could get on-board with any 2 of these (possibly not the blindness one though that was just me thinking about what spiders can do).

Sure did, http://www.comicvine.com/spider-man/29-1443/new-spider-powers/92-628513/#55

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.