Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

If there were no Spider-Man 1, 2, or 3?

FuZySLiPeRz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FuZySLiPeRz
    No Caption Provided

If there were no Raimi trilogy, how would every audience who seen The Amazing Spider-Man treated it?

This is something to consider being that most people and movie reviewers cant accept the fact that its a reboot, and they already go into the movie thinking "Oh I've seen this before".

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Guardiandevil83

It would have been regarded as the Greatest Spider-Man/Super Hero movie ever..blah blah blah. Humans are like that. Same as all the hate for Superman like charecters such as Sentry. I guarantee that If Superman was created after Sentry people would be photo shopping pics of Sentry screaming ''Who the fawk is Superman!?!" But I agree that people dawg out a very smart and funny film due to familiarity.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#3  Edited By Deadcool

The main problem with this movie was that people still having the Raimi's trilogy so fresh in their minds, that and also the nostalgia. I think that as the first movie about the most known superheroes on media, it would have been more successful.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CrimsonCake

I think it would have received the same type of reception as the first Raimi film.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Madame_Mist

The Amazing Spider-Man was a good movie but it didn't blow me away. It wasn't really fresh and there were so many dangling plot threads.

But I would probably have a better opinion of it without Raimi's trilogy which was stylish and entertaining and really was what a Spider-Man movie should be for me.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OutlawRenegade

Peter was a jerk through the whole movie except for the last five minutes (and no, not all teens are jerks/punks. I'm not and neither are my friends. Neither was Spidey on Spectacular Spider-man).

He broke his promise to Captain Stacey which will surely lead to her death in the sequel

Peter's jokes weren't funny

Uncle Ben brought his death on himself

Lizard was boring

Peter has a crush on Gwen when it's supposed to be the other way around at first...

Didn't like the actors for May or Ben or Peter

So I still wouldn't like it

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By Dracade102

@OutlawRenegade said:

Peter was a jerk through the whole movie except for the last five minutes (and no, not all teens are jerks/punks. I'm not and neither are my friends. Neither was Spidey on Spectacular Spider-man).

He broke his promise to Captain Stacey which will surely lead to her death in the sequel

Lizard was boring

Peter has a crush on Gwen when it's supposed to be the other way around at first...

Didn't like the actors for May or Ben

This.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shawnbaby

I think the problem is there really is no need to retell Spider-Man's origin story. I enjoyed the movie but I really want to see an older, more experienced, Spider-Man and this reboot sets that back. 

Webjaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Webjaker

I think it would have been bigger, but there were some serious issues with the portrayal of Peter in this: Taking credit for others' inventions (decay formula and the webbing), at the bridge he left everyone else dangling and just swung off, and since when was PP a mopey teen? Andrew garfield did great as Spider-man with the hilarious quips and he played a great 'teenager' but a terrible 'Peter Parker'

Honestly the WORST part of this film, was the sound track - I swear it was from Jurassic Park - and the scene with Gwen and the lizard, I literally turned to my friend and said "so there's a grand piano in Connor's lab?" I never thought Id complain about a sound track but all the music was so bad and so misplaced it REALLY took me out of the movie.

And despite reviews, i thought the portrayal of the lizard was actually well done - he needed more screen time to show the struggle between Curt Connors and the Reptilian mind.

Thats my rant - the end.

actually NO - I just realized that (except for the terrible sound track) - If the title of this movie had simply been changed to Ultimate Spider-man - I would have loved it.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By renamed040924

@OutlawRenegade said:

Lizard was boring

Didn't like the actors for May or Ben or Peter

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By spidey 15

Either there would be no difference, or people would like it more, at least spider-man fans. It actually felt as spider-man movie more than the trilogy and Andrew was more of Peter than Tobey would ever be. And i don't care what people say about the jokes, i enjoy them a lot( especially the part with the car thief and the knife ) and even if i wouldn't like them, at least i would appreciate the fact that one movie tried to do something that 3 movies couldn't. Also, Lizard, wasn't the best villain ever, but i did like the fights with him and he was pretty scary at times, something that fits to the villain.

Generally i believe it was far better than the trilogy, with better actors( especially Andrew ), interesting way of showing the origins and enjoyable fighting scenes( i loved the fight in school, especially the part with Stan's cameo ).

I only had one prob, though. Uncle Ben's death wasn't touching enough. Small prob, but i would like it to be a little more dramatic! :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Pyrogram

I did not like it. He was a dick and uncle bens death I loled.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deadcool

@spidey 15 said:

Either there would be no difference, or people would like it more, at least spider-man fans. It actually felt as spider-man movie more than the trilogy and Andrew was more of Peter than Tobey would ever be. And i don't care what people say about the jokes, i enjoy them a lot( especially the part with the car thief and the knife ) and even if i wouldn't like them, at least i would appreciate the fact that one movie tried to do something that 3 movies couldn't. Also, Lizard, wasn't the best villain ever, but i did like the fights with him and he was pretty scary at times, something that fits to the villain.

Generally i believe it was far better than the trilogy, with better actors( especially Andrew ), interesting way of showing the origins and enjoyable fighting scenes( i loved the fight in school, especially the part with Stan's cameo ).

I only had one prob, though. Uncle Ben's death wasn't touching enough. Small prob, but i would like it to be a little more dramatic! :)

Where have you been? :D

Well, I am agree with you...

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Deadcool

@Dracade102 said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

Lizard was boring

Didn't like the actors for May or Ben

This.

Opinions

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By spidey 15

@Deadcool: I have been missing...for long...lol :)

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Deadcool

@spidey 15: Yeah, I noticed that =)

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Deadcool said:

@spidey 15 said:

Where have you been? :D

Well, I am agree with you...

Opinions

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Deadcool

@OutlawRenegade said:

Opinions

Yes they are, so?

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Deadcool said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

Opinions

Yes they are, so?

Just quoting you

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Deadcool

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Deadcool said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

Opinions

Yes they are, so?

Just quoting you

Oh... Yeah... cool...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.