If Spider-Man..

#1 Posted by Joey809 (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Was a Villain from the start.

He would be one of Marvel's top powerhouses.

He would also become a famed evil scientist but no, Parker has to be good since Ben was murdered.

#2 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

and why would he have been a top powerhouse?

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24469 posts) - - Show Bio

If he was a villain there are hundreds of heroes who could easily take him down like Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Human Torch, Namor, Sentry, Hercules, etc, etc, etc.

#4 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

If he had been a villain he'd be average at best. Pretty much like all the other nobodies.

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Ben being murdered is the only reason Peter is a good guy.

#6 Posted by vicioushero (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: @Super_Gui_1: Why would he be weaker?

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24469 posts) - - Show Bio

@vicioushero: He wouldn't be weaker but there are many who could take him down

#8 Edited by CATPANEXE (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

That was sort of the point of Identity Wars if you ever the chance to read it. Numerous What Ifs? as well, though I can't recall a specific one where he pressed both his mind and a vicious nature as your suggesting.

#9 Posted by vicioushero (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I think your vastly underestimating Spider-Man like most people on the Vine.

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Villains are boring, as would Spider man become to be if he turned bad.

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24469 posts) - - Show Bio

@vicioushero: No I'm not I'm just pointing out that there are many characters vastly more powerful than Spiderman and some smarter. Spiderman is definitely a top tier hero but his powers aren't much when compared to people like Thor, Silver Surfer, Hercules and Juggernaut. If he were a villain he'd be no more dangerous than someone like the Green Goblin

#12 Posted by vicioushero (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: By no more powerful than the Green Goblin you mean No more powerful than almost beating Tony Stark to death in the middle of the desert or destroying S.H.I.E.L.D or stopping the Skrull invasion. Also Herc doesn't even have powers and Spider-Man defeated Jugg twice.

#13 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8844 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see a What If? story where spider-man was not a superhero ,but a super villain.

#14 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@vicioushero said:

@joshmightbe: @Super_Gui_1: Why would he be weaker?

Simply because villains are made to be weaker than heroes, it's why the villains even in large groups, often lose vs 1 hero.

@vicioushero said:

@joshmightbe: By no more powerful than the Green Goblin you mean No more powerful than almost beating Tony Stark to death in the middle of the desert or destroying S.H.I.E.L.D or stopping the Skrull invasion. Also Herc doesn't even have powers and Spider-Man defeated Jugg twice.

Lol when did he defeat jugg?

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24469 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_Gui_1: Both times he defeated Juggernaut even Spiderman admitted it was dumb luck and power had nothing to do with it

#16 Posted by vicioushero (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: In Amazing 230 it was luck, but it was still a win. Not sure the issue number but the second time he figured out away to stop him.

#17 Posted by nickzambuto (12679 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@vicioushero: No I'm not I'm just pointing out that there are many characters vastly more powerful than Spiderman and some smarter. Spiderman is definitely a top tier hero but his powers aren't much when compared to people like Thor, Silver Surfer, Hercules and Juggernaut. If he were a villain he'd be no more dangerous than someone like the Green Goblin

Didn't Norman Osborn bring all of Marvel Earth to it's knees recently?

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24469 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: He had a freaking super powered army with him not to mention captain PIS aka Sentry

#19 Posted by nickzambuto (12679 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@nickzambuto: He had a freaking super powered army with him not to mention captain PIS aka Sentry

He was good enough to aquire all that.

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24469 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: no he just that hack Bendis writing

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.