Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

If Otto remained as Spider-man in Parker's body "forever", would you still be interested in Spider-man?

• 69 results
    Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Phaedrusgr

Poll If Otto remained as Spider-man in Parker's body "forever", would you still be interested in Spider-man? (77 votes)

Sure! 18%
    No way! 68%
    Depends...(explain) 14%
     • 
    JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By JonSmith

No. The idea that no one realizes it's not Pete is already ridiculous, and only becomes more so as time goes on. And if they wanted to make it so people DO realize it's not Pete and Ock returns to being a super villain with Spidey's body and powers, while it could be interesting, I doubt it would be sufficient to sustain a comic.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Superior isn't the kind of story that can last. They already have to make the entire cast of Spider-Man look like retards to make the book work, so they can really only go on for so long before people go "Okay... you're not Peter Parker." and then what... it's just a book about some super villain with Spider-Man's powers... who is written to have an intentional bad personality. The book couldn't even be like Punisher or Deadpool where they're bad but kinda good because that would mean the Avengers just going "Well.... He did kill Peter a while ago.... let's let him go be a anti hero now DUUR" I mean there really isn't anything Marvel could do to justify Scarlet Spider, Wolverine, or Punisher not hunting him down till he's dead.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jasonhawke

No.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@phaedrusgr: STOP OBSESSING OVER IT!!

It.Will.Happen!!....and you know it!....from the moment SSM#1 came out,it was clear that in some point,a year or so, he would return!....relax about it!
    Steve Rodgers died and returned.Johnny Storm died and returned three months later......for fvck's sake BATMAN DIED AND RETURNED!!...

Chill......Peter Parker will return.......

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever keeps Dan Slott from eating cat food. I'm all for charity.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By kidchipotle

I'm not even interested in SSM now. I only read it because ... Spider-Man. Spider-Man. But I would be interested if Ock stayed an (Anti-)Hero once Peter got his body back and he became another Spider character so for those who like SSM can continue following a similar story (before Ock turns baddie again)

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Fallschirmjager

If they announced this, I would immediately drop all Marvel titles and never spend another cent at their company in any medium.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Hey, I know he'll return! I was just being curious if they are many Spider-man fans that would actually support SSM, in case it really happened. I've read every Superior Spider-man related comic book. I'm cool with the fact. My psychotherapy was succesful. :))))))))

Bad PunyParker!

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Sure, as long as it's entertaining.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: Hey, I know he'll return! I was just being curious if they are many Spider-man fans that would actually support SSM, in case it really happened. I've read every Superior Spider-man related comic book. I'm cool with the fact. My psychotherapy was succesful. :))))))))

Bad PunyParker!

I guess i got over it earlier that you did,then.... :P

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@punyparker: I think I got over it, cause everybody believes he'll be coming back by April/May. Don't know. It was really difficult though...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I think I got over it, cause everybody believes he'll be coming back by April/May. Don't know. It was really difficult though...

We have a half confirmation that Superior is ending with #30......another Spider-Man book will be launched......i mean c'mon.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Yeah, I get it. It is just a "what if" question!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Lvenger

@punyparker said:

@phaedrusgr said:

We have a half confirmation that Superior is ending with #30......another Spider-Man book will be launched......i mean c'mon.

Would you mind linking me to this half confirmation? I haven't heard of this news specifically.

And as for the OP's question

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No. I do really like Superior though

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

No,not at all.I cannot be interested in something that doesn't just disgust but doesn't interest me at all.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PunyParker

@lvenger said:

@punyparker said:

@phaedrusgr said:

Would you mind linking me to this half confirmation? I haven't heard of this news specifically.

The Bleeding Cool article in the main Superior Discussion thread(im bored to search for it now,search some pages behind you'll find it.....@animehunter posted it)

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no way in hell

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I still have no idea why some random telepath hasn't figured it out, Marvel has approximately a billion people who can read minds, how is it possible that not one of them have said "Hey, this guy keeps calling himself Otto Octavius in his head." ?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@lvenger said:

@punyparker said:

@phaedrusgr said:

The Bleeding Cool article in the main Superior Discussion thread(im bored to search for it now,search some pages behind you'll find it.....@animehunter posted it)

From Bleeding Cool

Is Superior Spider-Man #30 Solicitation Actually The Last Issue Of The Series? And An All-New Marvel Now Spider-Man Starting In April?

No Caption Provided

In Marvel’s solicitations for March, they list Superior Spider-Man #29 and #30 as parts three and four of the five part storyline Goblin Nation.

But I’m being, by connected sources, told that this is a fake out. That the actual last chapter is part four. That Superior Spider-Man is actually publishing its final two issues in March. And in April, we get a brand new Spider-Man comic by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.

And yes, out alongside the April release of the new Amazing Spider-Man 2 film.

So who might be inside the suit, and the cranium of that person, we have yet to find out. Doc Ock? Peter Parker? Miles Morales?

And of course, this could all be a load of web fluid… let’s find out in a month’s time!

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me clarify something. I'm not saying that Otto will remain in charge of Pete's body. On the contrary, I believe Peter's coming back somewhere around April/May. I posted this as a "what if", out of curiosity. I felt, for example, that I couldn't buy SSM forever, if I knew Peter is over. I'm writing these lines, cause some viners-friends thought I'm still attacking Slott/Superior Spider-man etc etc. I don't like Superior Spider-man, everyone knows it, but as I said to Slott himself in another thread here in comic vine, I believe that he prepares a victorious return for Peter. That's what I think. Having this said, feel free to say your opinion on the subject of this thread (or not). :)))

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lvenger

@animehunter: Thanks for the link mate, much appreciated! :)

superior_slot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By superior_slot

What I did was misclick, going for Yes instead of No. So you can stop wondering who that dumbass is who clicked "Sure", it was a mistake on my part. Thing is, Superior's a story with a natural conclusion. Ideally, afterwards you'd have Ock spinning off into his own title (before it goes the way of Venom and Scarlet Spider) but that's just hypotheticals, in practice, the way the story has been written and the direction I don't think it can sustain itself for all that long because Otto's too much of a prick. It's why there's never been a succesful Namor on-going series.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

So see?!...

And i think Marvel's policy now,is to make short series.....they cancelled Scarlet ,Venom and Amazing.......now they're,presumably "cancelling" Superior and if Pete is in the suit,duh,in the next series,it will be called "Spider-Man" or something......i dont think they'll go with ASM #701........

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as Peter Parker comes back tHen yes. MetH is game for Otto being in control of A new body and remaining as tHe Superior Spider. But, Parker Has to come back.

-ABstract4$$#073-

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By magnetic_eye

There is no way I would ever buy a counterfeit Spider-Man book with Otto at the helm. I've been reading SSM for free out of pure curiosity (the books belong to my cousin) and I've been less than impressed with the whole premise let alone some of the atrocious artwork.

I would like to see a VOL 2 of "Amazing Spider-Man" issue # 1 with an all new creative team. Better written stories with more of a mature treatment and no more nonsensical storylines. No more parodies of an iconic super-hero.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO

Simple as that.

superior_slot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of curiosity, Magnetic_Eye, how would you define a mature storyline?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

So see?!...

And i think Marvel's policy now,is to make short series.....they cancelled Scarlet ,Venom and Amazing.......now they're,presumably "cancelling" Superior and if Pete is in the suit,duh,in the next series,it will be called "Spider-Man" or something......i dont think they'll go with ASM #701........

That's not a policy I like the sound of all that much. Rebooting a series just to get a sales boost on a number one issue sounds very cheap IMO. And the article posted stated Slott and Ramos would be attached to this new Spider-Man title and even if it is Peter Parker back in the driving seat, I've lost all trust or desire to purchase another title by Dan Slott. Regardless of whether he brings Peter back or not at this rumoured point in time, I won't be reading a Spider-Man title until Slott is gone or unless he performs a miracle U-turn and writes one of the best Spider-Man runs in history. I find the latter very unlikely to happen even though some of his past run has had good stories.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@punyparker said:

@lvenger said:

So see?!...

That's not a policy I like the sound of all that much. Rebooting a series just to get a sales boost on a number one issue sounds very cheap IMO. And the article posted stated Slott and Ramos would be attached to this new Spider-Man title and even if it is Peter Parker back in the driving seat, I've lost all trust or desire to purchase another title by Dan Slott. Regardless of whether he brings Peter back or not at this rumoured point in time, I won't be reading a Spider-Man title until Slott is gone or unless he performs a miracle U-turn and writes one of the best Spider-Man runs in history. I find the latter very unlikely to happen even though some of his past run has had good stories.

It was kinda obvious that he would write....i mean,setting up so many troubles for Peter ,for when he comes back,just so another writer can deal with them?.....don't think so.....

And yeah,i want a breath of fresh air too.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I'd prefer another writer just to sweep away all these pointless unnecessary troubles Slott has created for Peter.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@punyparker: I'd prefer another writer just to sweep away all these pointless unnecessary troubles Slott has created for Peter.

I dont think they'll be "whiped out"........i just want Pete back.....not so much for the main title,but for the other titles to use Parker......Avengers,and wherever he will be.....

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: You think he'll keep being an Avenger? I wish you're right. I don't want him to lose everything.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they announced this, I would immediately drop all Marvel titles and never spend another cent at their company in any medium.

Damn right. I am disgusted this crap has dragged out this long. I have every issue of SSM and can't bring myself to read more than few pages from each book. Marvel thinks that fans really want to read about Ock prancing around in Peters body ? I hate Slott almost as much as I hate Mark Waid and that's saying something. I have to believe quite a few fans dropped the title all together, and I hope Marvels revenue suffers due to letting that joke of a writer run with this garbage

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verotikryptonite: Marvel doesn't care that you read them, just that you bought every single issue.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ms__omega
    No Caption Provided

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of curiosity, Magnetic_Eye, how would you define a mature storyline?

By a mature treatment of story structure, I don’t mean just Adult Only or Grim Dark scenarios. That would exclude a sizeable chunk of the consumer demographic. What I do mean is having a style or tone that uses language and dialogue that is higher than an eighth grade vocabulary.

Perhaps on occasion to some degree, adult-oriented or controversial subject matters, and serious social issues could be addressed without being overtly explicit or gory.

I’m certainly not excluding the fantastical fun elements to super-hero comic book story telling, especially with Spider-Man’s quick- witted humor, but I do like some sense of being somewhat grounded in reality.

A mature storyline should have character driven stories instead of gimmick driven ones, without the obvious character flaws exhibited in SSM.

Also for me, the Spider Island fortress and an army of minions looks more like a kid’s cartoon trying to be edgy. Very immature IMO.

I like stories that don’t read like a parody or some creepy, delusional fantasy and characters the reader can feel something in common with, or care about.

A mature treatment for me also means having strong themes that don’t extend far beyond absurd (suspension of disbelief) levels.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i personally love superior spiderman. but peter parker honestly is like my biggest role model. For me it would be great if superior still found someway to be around and for them to bring peter back! Like maybe have peter realize that he truely can make a difference if even one of his most evil foes turned out to be a great hero because of his influence

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@punyparker said:

@lvenger said:

So see?!...

Hmmmm..............looks like the trainwreck is set to continue. Why can't Marvel just hire an all new creative team? The ramifications of SSM in a new Spidey title don't interest me at all.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verotikryptonite: Marvel doesn't care that you read them, just that you bought every single issue.

I'm like a little retarded kid that way, I keep sticking my finger in a light socket knowing I'm just going to shock the $H*t out of my a$$ again.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#42  Edited By Teerack

It.Will.Happen!!....and you know it!....from the moment SSM#1 came out,it was clear that in some point,a year or so, he would return!....relax about it!

Steve Rodgers died and returned.Johnny Storm died and returned three months later......for fvck's sake BATMAN DIED AND RETURNED!!...

Johnny Storm's death lasted longer than three months. He died in January 2011 and came back in November 2011... not long but it was 11 months... just short of a year. I think maybe you got mixed up because Fantastic Four stopped releasing at issue 587 and then at the end of the year started to come out again.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: Unfortunately it was pointed out that Slott wouldn't want any other writer to take over writing duties on consequences for Spider-Man that he caused himself without demonstrating their ramifications.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PunyParker

@teerack said:

@punyparker said:

Johnny Storm's death lasted longer than three months. He died in January 2011 and came back in November 2011... not long but it was 11 months... just short of a year. I think maybe you got mixed up because Fantastic Four stopped releasing at issue 587 and then at the end of the year started to come out again.

Never read Fantastic Four,so it's not a surprise i got confuced......i "followed" his death in ASM when they called Pete to be a member of the FF.....

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: You think he'll keep being an Avenger? I wish you're right. I don't want him to lose everything.

After the shit he's done,and the fact that the Avengers are after him.......no.He'll be fired.......

rajabuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phaedrusgr said:

After the shit he's done,and the fact that the Avengers are after him.......no.He'll be fired.......

if the avengers find out the truth, he'll probably be fired as a publicity stunt for the public.

if the avengers don't find out the truth, he'll most definitely be fired for what they think HE did.

getting blamed for someone else's actions just plain suck. though this happens to him more often than not.

though there might be a 3rd scenario where the avengers find out the truth and explain to the public what happened.

although the 3rd one is just my wishful thinking =_=

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajabuta: it will probably be the second one

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.