Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

If Marvel Studios did a Spider-Man series reboot...

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AllNewOverseer

Don't get me wrong. I love the trilogy (and I'm one of those people that like Spider-Man 3, its actually my favorite movie period). What would be some ideas for a Spidy movie series reboot.
    My ideas are 1:
    Good back to Spidey being a fifteen year old kid like in ultimate.
    2:
    Let it be in the Avengers movieverse (Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk ect.)
    3:
    Keep the scientific angles but throw in a lot of classic stuff, like organic webs and under arm webbing on the costume.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nova`Prime`

If Marvel did it they would definately most likely place it within continuity with the avengers movies. And some things I would like to see, some spider gadgets, like the spider tracers and what not. I don't know what age he should be, at the very least high school student to a college freshman. What I don't want them to change is William DaFoe's Green Goblin.. he was the best part of the first movie.

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By girth

I think that an ultimate Spider-man movie would be great. 

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    Nova`Prime` said:
    "If Marvel did it they would definately most likely place it within continuity with the avengers movies. And some things I would like to see, some spider gadgets, like the spider tracers and what not. I don't know what age he should be, at the very least high school student to a college freshman. What I don't want them to change is William DaFoe's Green Goblin.. he was the best part of the first movie."
    Hmmmmmm, Spidey on the Avengers...What about Wolverine?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

i would want him to be funny and crack jokes while he's fighting

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    danhimself said:
    "i would want him to be funny and crack jokes while he's fighting"

Yeah, I always felt that was lacking a bit in the movies
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danhimself

i think they should have gone the Ultimate Spider-man route and had a teenager play him

after looking back on all three of the movies...i don't think any of them had anything i would keep....not one of the movies seemed like what a spider-man movie should be like to me

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By sora_thekey
    War Killer said:
    "danhimself said:
    Yeah, I always felt that was lacking a bit in the movies"

Exactly!!!

Also not to make him grow up that fast like alll in one movie.....
    Have Gwen be there while MJ is there....
    Make MJ aparty girl like in the comics.....
    See alittle bit more of Betty Brant and have Flash, Liz and Kong involved.........

Sinister Six!!!!!!
    Don't have all the bad guys die at the end of the movie so they can come back for a sequel and not just as a memory talking to other characters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By MrMiracle77

Spidey is still tied up with Sony at the moment.  As long as Sony keeps making movies, they get to keep the film rights.  So, sadly, no Spidey+Avengers for a while.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Which is probably one of the worst contract Marvel's ever signed. And as long as people go to see the Spidey movies, buy the toys and the lunch boxes and what not Sony will keep pumping out sup-par Spidey films.

Zghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Zghost

I really wish they would reboot the series, never really thought they did it right.  Spidey is suppose to be a wisecracking smartass who always has personal problems.  Never thought any of the actors really fit the part other than defoe, and maybe doc oct.  I think they should start over with all of them in school and really focus on the Gwen, Flash, Harry, Peter, and Mary Jane relationships. 

Also I know I am not the only person out there thats feels this way but seriously why do they have to make such stupid changes from the comics.  The comics have been selling for years with those stories, why change them.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By MrMiracle77
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " Which is probably one of the worst contract Marvel's ever signed. And as long as people go to see the Spidey movies, buy the toys and the lunch boxes and what not Sony will keep pumping out sup-par Spidey films. "
    I'm pretty sure the contract still reverts back to Marvel after sufficient years have passed.  But if Sony does nothing with the films, Marvel gets it back sooner.  Same thing is happening at Fox with the mutants.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13  Edited By The_Martian
    @danhimself said:
    " i would want him to be funny and crack jokes while he's fighting "
    Agreed, they need someone who can pull off his jokes and have them be funny. Calling Green Goblin "Gobie" doesn't count as a joke.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @sora_thekey said:
    "War Killer said:
    "danhimself said:
    Exactly!!!Also not to make him grow up that fast like alll in one movie.....Have Gwen be there while MJ is there....Make MJ aparty girl like in the comics.....See alittle bit more of Betty Brant and have Flash, Liz and Kong involved.........Sinister Six!!!!!!Don't have all the bad guys die at the end of the movie so they can come back for a sequel and not just as a memory talking to other characters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    I liked him in highschool like in Ultimate Spider-Man, But I liked him better trying to make it through Collage, the MJ part was okay, but yeah I'd rather have her like she was in she comics as a model (She'd look hotter thet way), I thought Betty was okay in the movies, Flash and Gwen...meh, Kong was part of USM so I don't think he would work in the movies, and as much as I would love to see the Sinister Six on the big screen, I don't think it would make a good movie trying to put that many villains into two hours, I don't think it would work( but I could be wrong)
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @MrMiracle77 said:
    "
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " Which is probably one of the worst contract Marvel's ever signed. And as long as people go to see the Spidey movies, buy the toys and the lunch boxes and what not Sony will keep pumping out sup-par Spidey films. "
    I'm pretty sure the contract still reverts back to Marvel after sufficient years have passed.  But if Sony does nothing with the films, Marvel gets it back sooner.  Same thing is happening at Fox with the mutants. "
    Ya Marvel will get it back as soon as Fox and Sony have milked every last possible dime from the franchise and leave Marvel with a withering husk they will have to reboot, which will only make the fanboys and girls scream bloody murder. Its lose lose for Marvel with the mutants, Spiderman, and the Fantastic Four.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By sora_thekey
    @War Killer said:
    "
    @sora_thekey said:
    "War Killer said:
    "danhimself said:
    Exactly!!!Also not to make him grow up that fast like alll in one movie.....Have Gwen be there while MJ is there....Make MJ aparty girl like in the comics.....See alittle bit more of Betty Brant and have Flash, Liz and Kong involved.........Sinister Six!!!!!!Don't have all the bad guys die at the end of the movie so they can come back for a sequel and not just as a memory talking to other characters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    I liked him in highschool like in Ultimate Spider-Man, But I liked him better trying to make it through Collage, the MJ part was okay, but yeah I'd rather have her like she was in she comics as a model (She'd look hotter thet way), I thought Betty was okay in the movies, Flash and Gwen...meh, Kong was part of USM so I don't think he would work in the movies, and as much as I would love to see the Sinister Six on the big screen, I don't think it would make a good movie trying to put that many villains into two hours, I don't think it would work( but I could be wrong)"

Six movie one with each of the Sinister Six then a 7th with all of them put together!
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @sora_thekey said:
    "
    @War Killer said:
    "
    @sora_thekey said:
    "War Killer said:
    "danhimself said:
    I liked him in highschool like in Ultimate Spider-Man, But I liked him better trying to make it through Collage, the MJ part was okay, but yeah I'd rather have her like she was in she comics as a model (She'd look hotter thet way), I thought Betty was okay in the movies, Flash and Gwen...meh, Kong was part of USM so I don't think he would work in the movies, and as much as I would love to see the Sinister Six on the big screen, I don't think it would make a good movie trying to put that many villains into two hours, I don't think it would work( but I could be wrong)"
    Six movie one with each of the Sinister Six then a 7th with all of them put together! "
    Hmmmmmmm...That really could Work! Alright is settled, everyone pack your bags...We're Heading to Hollywood!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.