Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

IF Marvel reboots, What should be done with Spidey?

• 67 results
    magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@silverpool: Make Peter in his late 20's, early 30's, and make him married to Mary Jane. I like teenage Spidey but they need to stop doing that sh*t.

And for god's sake give Kaine his book back.

Yes ! × 1000

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reset the Peter's life back to the Roger Stern era and allow him to resume his relationship development that he'd planned for Peter Parker and Felicia Hardy, as well as Peter Parker and Mary Jane before he got reassigned to the Avengers. This is what could have used as an alternate for OMD because Peter would have traveled back into the past to prevent the events that led to the shooting of Aunt May. But upon entering the past, he wakes up to the moment that he was in when Roger Stern left the Spider-Man series. So much better than what Slott is doing at the moment; and a whole lot better than OMD, OMIT, and BND combined(bypassing Mephisto's manipulation tactics)...

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: said "Teenage Peter is the best Peter."

As long as it's kept in the Ultimate universe. For decades ASM has been about a grown up Peter Parker aged at least 28 years old.

If Marvel really want another teen Spider book, they should just create a new title.

They should not have allowed Bendis to kill off Ultimate Peter Parker.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: said Reset the Peter's life back to the Roger Stern era and allow him to resume his relationship development that he'd planned for Peter Parker and Felicia Hardy, as well as Peter Parker and Mary Jane before he got reassigned to the Avengers. This is what could have used as an alternate for OMD because Peter would have traveled back into the past to prevent the events that led to the shooting of Aunt May. But upon entering the past, he wakes up to the moment that he was in when Roger Stern left the Spider-Man series. So much better than what Slott is doing at the moment; and a whole lot better than OMD, OMIT, and BND combined(bypassing Mephisto's manipulation tactics)...

What a great idea! :-)

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should have just let JMS pull off his original idea for OMD and reset everything to just before Harry's drug habit got serious, that way you would have Gwen on the plate as well and you'd shut up all those Peter/Gwen fans by giving them what they actually want for a couple of years before eventually sledgehammering the pair.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By darthfury78
    @zarius said:

They should have just let JMS pull off his original idea for OMD and reset everything to just before Harry's drug habit got serious, that way you would have Gwen on the plate as well and you'd shut up all those Peter/Gwen fans by giving them what they actually want for a couple of years before eventually sledgehammering the pair.

And they might as well allow Roger Stern to develop Peter's relationship with Felicia Hardy in the proper manner, as well as Mary Jane(long before the marriage even begun)...Roger's version of the relationship was for Felicia to take Peter to different countries on an adventure. The relationship for both Felicia x Peter and Mary Jane x Peter was to have an on-again/off-again relationship. This could have been the second alternate to the original OMD proposal by going back to the Roger Stern era as he involvement with Spider-Man was far from finished because he brought in a lot of outside characters into Spider-Man's than any other writer thus far, including Slott himself...

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Zarius

I agree, a globe-trotting Spidey would have been fun. Real 'fish out of water' type scenarios. The newspaper strip actually ran a similar story where Peter was away from home for a long period from 2012-2013, no relationship with Felicia of course since he is happily married to MJ in the strip, but it was a nice break from routine, and he got to overthrow a dictator, get Kraven a girlfriend, and arrest The Kingpin so he accomplished a lot.

Times like this I wish Marvel had more successs with the "Forever" brand where they let older writers work within their own continuity. Spidey guest-starred in two issues of X-Men Forever (where he almost got a kiss from RougeCrawler), I'd liked to have seen more of him and how he developed within that universe.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#59  Edited By Strider1992

@silverpool said:

Make Peter in his late 20's, early 30's, and make him married to Mary Jane. I like teenage Spidey but they need to stop doing that sh*t.

I agree with this aside from the married to MJ and may I also add give the Spider-man writing to Christos Gage or Chris Yost. Begone Slott.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By dernman

If I was rebooting the universe I would bring Spidy back to his teenage years.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Zarius

@strider92 said:

@silverpool said:

Make Peter in his late 20's, early 30's, and make him married to Mary Jane. I like teenage Spidey but they need to stop doing that sh*t.

I agree with this aside from the married to MJ and may I also add give the Spider-man writing to Christos Gage or Chris Yost. Begone Slott.

Yost? Oh very much so, the guy made me care about the Superior premise and character of SpOck more than so than Slott ever managed. Gage though? No, he hates MJ as much as Slott does and his writing is terrible

Peter ought to be remarried to MJ as well, and given a kid. The daly strip still has them married so their union has survived everything this outdated regime has thrown at it, it remains very much status quoe, they should just give in and give most of the fans what they want again.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#62  Edited By Strider1992

@zarius: Gage is currently co-writing the Spider-verse arc and Superior 32/33 and in all honesty he's doing a great job. I also loved his work on Absolution. I'm all for him taking up Amazing.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

I agree, a globe-trotting Spidey would have been fun. Real 'fish out of water' type scenarios. The newspaper strip actually ran a similar story where Peter was away from home for a long period from 2012-2013, no relationship with Felicia of course since he is happily married to MJ in the strip, but it was a nice break from routine, and he got to overthrow a dictator, get Kraven a girlfriend, and arrest The Kingpin so he accomplished a lot.

Times like this I wish Marvel had more successs with the "Forever" brand where they let older writers work within their own continuity. Spidey guest-starred in two issues of X-Men Forever (where he almost got a kiss from RougeCrawler), I'd liked to have seen more of him and how he developed within that universe.

What did you think of "Family Business" by Waid, Robinson and Dell'Otto. There's a little bit of globe trotting Spidey.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
    TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dunno - not interested in a full on reboot... I admire the history of the character. It'd be cool if they retconned the past couple of years, though.

- TAS

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iaconpoint: nah, Luke Cage is one of my Marvel favs because of his race.

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool said:

I really like your posts so I gotta ask, why not married to MJ?

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
    SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Give 'em back his organic web-shooters.

wells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel has ever truly rebooted his universe, they have added a few tweaks here and there to fit the time, but that is a natural thing to do. i don't think marvel needs a reboot and hopefully it won't get one anytime soon.

The closest thing they have done to a reboot is BND and we all now how it turned out.

Marvel is not DC, that needs to do reboots every other decade in order to keep up.

Tweaking character's origins and stories can get kind of confusing after awhile: like when they revealed Xorn was actually Magneto and then it turns out that Xorn wasn't actually Magneto. tweaking the past of characters is fine in small doses but not if they do it a lot and have stories end up making no sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.