Ideas for New Amazing Spider-Man Game Villains

#1 Edited by SpidermanWins (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

So I saw the new Iguana trailer for the Amazing Spider-Man Video Game and it looks very good. The combat doesn't seem repetitive and the character movement controls, from what I hear, seem good too. Looks like they are still taking a more biological approach to the game's villains so I'm assuming they will stick to that, though it would be odd to have those robots and no techno villains too. Anyways, here are some ideas for villains I think would fit well or could be in the new game. Feel free to present your opinion or ideas =).

1. Kraven the Hunter: Yeah, I'm calling Kraven as a villain. I could really see him in this game. I see him playing out as a shadowy figure hunting down the animalistic characters/villains and such for sport. That could make for a powerful moral story about hunting and what makes a person a person (almost like in The Most Dangerous Game, yeah way off topic I know but it's relevant to this).... I'd take the initiative to make that kind of story with him anyway. I'd like to see something like this as far as his plot would go here: Kraven kills animalistic villains in the game after Spidey beats them (Iguana, maybe other bio-type characters, etc.) Spidey wonders who is killing them and why, as well as why he doesn't kill him. Toward the end he has been doing some detective work from over the course of the game and when he finds Kraven he discovers that he is the last target (kind of like Deadshot in Arkham City but more involved in the plot)

2. Alistair Smythe and the Spider-Slayers: This one could fit very well along the techno-villain line with those robots. Alistair Smythe would definitely be a very appropriate person to be at least partially behind the New York robot crisis shown in the first trailer for the game. Spencer Smythe's death would probably be a motive tied into the plot. It'd be really cool if he encountered some Spider-Slayers while going through the robot's plant (which is in Oscorp I believe). That would make for a cool level. The Spider-Slayers would make seriously great boss villains too and may be bigger than the rest of the robots. Personally, I think this would be just awesome for the game.

3. Jackal: I've never seen Jackal in a Spider-Man game but I feel like he could fit right between the technological and biological sides of this game. I see him being behind at least a minor plotline in the game if he is in it. Perhaps he is making some villains for Spidey or maybe he want to turn everyone into bestial creatures? Or would he be behind the robots?

4. Tarantula: I could definitely see him portrayed as an Anti-Spider-Man character. Even though he was usually on his own as a comic villain, I have a feeling like he would he "created" by someone here. "Experiment gone wrong" is the common theme here but I don't think Tarantula would be a mistake. I feel like he would volunteer for something or be controlled by someone... Jackal or some other evil genius for the express purpose of killing the Spider. A bit like a mercenary Frankenstein (in concept)?

5. Morbius: I don't think that the Living Vampire has ever been in a video game or not but I feel like this game could prove as his chance to make a debut. I see a story actually very similar to the comic book one happening in this video game. Scientist is tragically turned into a monster vampire after experimenting? Completely possible for this game and I would love to see him be a part of a plotline here. It would probably involve a quest for a cure too. The whole "nighttime city" I hear will be in the game would be great for Morbius fights and whatnot. EDIT: apparently his doctor persona is in the game but whether he will become or appear as a vampire has yet to be confirmed.

6. Vulture: He's in a ton of Spider-Man's games. He's bound to be in this. He would be a unique take on the bio-villain deal but I feel like he'd be way creepier, probably with claws or maybe even a beak too. As for a tech-Vulture, well that's been done (Web of Shadows).

7. Man Wolf: Not sure if it would still be John Jameson but I don't think they would make his powers come from a space rock. They would probably make it be another scientific experimental accident.

Feel free to leave your own ideas below.

#2 Edited by ProfessorMario (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Electro: I can mainly see him as one of the workers in Oscorp who was sadly at the wrong place at the wrong time and got injected into some freak accident or procedure that gave him electrical powers. However, this causes his whole body to basically be made of electricity and make him unable to enjoy any of his former goals and hobbies along with providing danger to anyone normal, which he once was (It's basically like how he was in Spectacular Spider-Man). Swearing vengeance against the corporation, he'll likely try to attack the building and attack famous people such as Norman Osborn. What'd make his origin even better is if Spidey was involved in it somehow, which causes him to also want to destroy the Web-Head for thinking that it was all his fault, which is a common Spidey-villain trend in the movies and a few comics.

#3 Posted by --Anubis-- (668 posts) - - Show Bio

Shocker: he's the best

#4 Posted by TheCannon (17984 posts) - - Show Bio

It's already been confirmed Rhino will be the game's main villain. Also, the game takes place after the movie.

#5 Posted by SpidermanWins (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

It's already been confirmed Rhino will be the game's main villain. Also, the game takes place after the movie.

I know it takes place after the movie. I know Rhino is the main villain. What that I have said ever put that to doubt? I also know that there is no way him and Iguana are the game's only enemies, and that Rhino isn't smart enough to cause a robot apocalypse. I am suggesting additional ones for those roles.

#6 Posted by TheCannon (17984 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. Well, Morbius will also be in the game. I would also have Electro, Mysterio, Vulture, and the Spider Slayers

#7 Posted by ProfessorMario (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Rhino's the main villain? I mean, I know he was going to be in the game, but seriously, Rhino as the main antagonist? Seems a bit lackluster to me.

#8 Posted by TheCannon (17984 posts) - - Show Bio

Look it up. He's the main villain. Morbius will also be in the game.

#9 Posted by ProfessorMario (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: I didn't mean that I didn't believe you, I was just a little surprised. Anyways, thanks for the new info on Morbius, I've really only been keeping a check on this game every few days or weeks.

#10 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Scorpion: Another technology villain. But being a detective wouldn't fit in, so maybe, hes another freak accident character.

Iguana has been confirmed too, so another animal creature WOULD probably be Jackal, exposed to jackal DNA and gone mad.

Beetle: Accidentally trapped in a suit of insect-like armor, he wants revenge on Morbius (doctor persona) for doing that experiment. Something like that.

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven would be an excellent villain in a game, but I'd prefer to see him in an upcoming sequel first.

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12597 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cat is also a confirmed villain. And Mrbius was a villain in the wii and ps2 versions of spider man 3

#13 Edited by marvellover101 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

warren miles

nightmare

would make a challenging boss fight

Alaster smythe and the spider slayers

cletus casady(just cletus casady)

norman osbone(just norman osborne)

#14 Posted by nickzambuto (13053 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Wait, Rhino is the MAIN villain? How the hell does that work?

#15 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

It doesn't say anywhere that he is the main villain. And Morbius may not appear as a villain at all.

#16 Posted by TheCannon (17984 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@TheCannon said:

It doesn't say anywhere that he is the main villain. And Morbius may not appear as a villain at all.

Where the heck are you looking?

#17 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still getting it anyway.

#18 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@TheCannon said:

Where the heck are you looking?

It says he is A villain. And Morbius is Dr. Connor's old assistant who will be helping Peter in this game. If he is a villain, he probably won't be a vampire.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.