So I saw the new Iguana trailer for the Amazing Spider-Man Video Game and it looks very good. The combat doesn't seem repetitive and the character movement controls, from what I hear, seem good too. Looks like they are still taking a more biological approach to the game's villains so I'm assuming they will stick to that, though it would be odd to have those robots and no techno villains too. Anyways, here are some ideas for villains I think would fit well or could be in the new game. Feel free to present your opinion or ideas =).
1. Kraven the Hunter: Yeah, I'm calling Kraven as a villain. I could really see him in this game. I see him playing out as a shadowy figure hunting down the animalistic characters/villains and such for sport. That could make for a powerful moral story about hunting and what makes a person a person (almost like in The Most Dangerous Game, yeah way off topic I know but it's relevant to this).... I'd take the initiative to make that kind of story with him anyway. I'd like to see something like this as far as his plot would go here: Kraven kills animalistic villains in the game after Spidey beats them (Iguana, maybe other bio-type characters, etc.) Spidey wonders who is killing them and why, as well as why he doesn't kill him. Toward the end he has been doing some detective work from over the course of the game and when he finds Kraven he discovers that he is the last target (kind of like Deadshot in Arkham City but more involved in the plot)
2. Alistair Smythe and the Spider-Slayers: This one could fit very well along the techno-villain line with those robots. Alistair Smythe would definitely be a very appropriate person to be at least partially behind the New York robot crisis shown in the first trailer for the game. Spencer Smythe's death would probably be a motive tied into the plot. It'd be really cool if he encountered some Spider-Slayers while going through the robot's plant (which is in Oscorp I believe). That would make for a cool level. The Spider-Slayers would make seriously great boss villains too and may be bigger than the rest of the robots. Personally, I think this would be just awesome for the game.
3. Jackal: I've never seen Jackal in a Spider-Man game but I feel like he could fit right between the technological and biological sides of this game. I see him being behind at least a minor plotline in the game if he is in it. Perhaps he is making some villains for Spidey or maybe he want to turn everyone into bestial creatures? Or would he be behind the robots?
4. Tarantula: I could definitely see him portrayed as an Anti-Spider-Man character. Even though he was usually on his own as a comic villain, I have a feeling like he would he "created" by someone here. "Experiment gone wrong" is the common theme here but I don't think Tarantula would be a mistake. I feel like he would volunteer for something or be controlled by someone... Jackal or some other evil genius for the express purpose of killing the Spider. A bit like a mercenary Frankenstein (in concept)?
5. Morbius: I don't think that the Living Vampire has ever been in a video game or not but I feel like this game could prove as his chance to make a debut. I see a story actually very similar to the comic book one happening in this video game. Scientist is tragically turned into a monster vampire after experimenting? Completely possible for this game and I would love to see him be a part of a plotline here. It would probably involve a quest for a cure too. The whole "nighttime city" I hear will be in the game would be great for Morbius fights and whatnot. EDIT: apparently his doctor persona is in the game but whether he will become or appear as a vampire has yet to be confirmed.6. Vulture: He's in a ton of Spider-Man's games. He's bound to be in this. He would be a unique take on the bio-villain deal but I feel like he'd be way creepier, probably with claws or maybe even a beak too. As for a tech-Vulture, well that's been done (Web of Shadows).
7. Man Wolf: Not sure if it would still be John Jameson but I don't think they would make his powers come from a space rock. They would probably make it be another scientific experimental accident.
Feel free to leave your own ideas below.