Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

I think Spider-Man and casts needs to move to another city

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It is obviously Avengers territory and Spider-Man the famous icon himself is always overlooked over them in pivotal moments in comic events and such you hardly notice he is there. As a series, New York is boring to tell a story in, it's too realistic to be a true comicbook adventure and to crowded with various heroes for a single hero like him and his villians to stand out. I feel if Spider-Man had his own gotham city or metropolis, he'd be capatilized more as a single act solo star in a world about him and not him sharing his fame with bigger a listers who unlike Spider-Man is making the whole city and universe about them while Peter is insignificant which contrasts his impact as the defacto main hero of not only his series but his iconic status.

So yeah, his life needs to separate from New York and maybe make himself like Batman, a single hit without sharing with heroes taking his spotlight and degrading his own title with guest apperenances. Because Spider-Man should be integral in the marvel u without Captain America and the Avengers backing him up. I am actually glad he's going the Jean Grey school for a bit instead of being in predictable manhattan swinging to another repetitive story with his villains. At least go around the united states like Atlanta Georgia or Texas and see him stop crime there.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this was Superior Spider-Man, then I would have agreed with you about him relocating to Chicago or East Los Angelas.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12: nah New York is spidey's City avengers can go F off to A boat where no one cares

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about The Bronx, Queens, and Brooklyn?

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New York City (boroughs included) is as iconic to Spidey as Gotham is to Batman, but a change of scenery might be nice if the story permits.

How about Chicago or even Toronto for about a year?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By magnetic_eye

@magnetic_eye: Dubai, UAE; London, UK; Moscow, Russia.

No Caption Provided

Cool locations. Spidey on the trail of an international terrorist organization with links back to NYC. But Marvel are too politically correct to attempt good quality mature story-telling involving current worldwide affairs.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

The bonus of having a character set in an original city ala Gotham, Metropolis ect is that a good storyteller can turn the setting in to a character themselves and it entrenches you even more in to that world

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think we should say the same thing about every heroes in new york city like the fantastic four, the new warriors, etc.

infact, eversince avengers hitted in theaters all people kept asking is WHERE IS SPIDERMAN! WHY WASN'T HE WITH THE AVENGERS!?! dude, there's like a bajillion other heroes in new york city and the inhumans are sestablished as the mutants of the MCU. I think you should ask the same about them even in television which you've admitted watching like x-men and TSSM. also, it's an invasion. it's common for heroes to go through that

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78 said:

No Caption Provided

Cool locations. Spidey on the trail of an international terrorist organization with links back to NYC. But Marvel are too politically correct to attempt good quality mature story-telling involving current worldwide affairs.

That sounds like shield territory, and then you risk him taking a back seat to shield
    magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
    @magnetic_eye said:

@darthfury78 said:

No Caption Provided

That sounds like shield territory, and then you risk him taking a back seat to shield

Not necessarily. Why does it sound like Shield territory? Why does it even have to involve Shield? I just simply see it as a (self-contained story arc) with good old fashioned crime-fighting. Links to NYC could just as easily involve the Kingpin or any other major villain.

Spider-Man is certainly intelligent enough to tackle covert espionage operations with some gritty down to earth story telling. Mark Waid & James Robinson proved that with "Family Business".

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to see Spidey handle crime fighting in another country maybe japan or London.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@magnetic_eye said:
    @darthfury78 said:

New York City (boroughs included) is as iconic to Spidey as Gotham is to Batman, but a change of scenery might be nice if the story permits.

How about Chicago or even Toronto for about a year?

Toronto? While that would be...interesting, there's a variety of reasons that wouldn't work.

I like to see Spidey handle crime fighting in another country maybe japan or London.

You do know London isn't a country, right?

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Seattle would be awesome, fits Peter Parker's personality. Plus I just love Seattle. ;)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@squares said:

You do know London isn't a country, right?

Oh boy!!!

Look, as a Brit I'd love Spiderman to come to London (its our capital for the geography deficient)...but c'mon, Spiderman was in New York before the Avengers...if anything they should move out and leave it to him!!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Seattle would be awesome, fits Peter Parker's personality. Plus I just love Seattle. ;)

Seattle could be cool....What about Washington DC? Lots of crime goes on there!

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@jimishim12: I would actually like that. It has actually worked so far with Matt Murdock, it would be interesting how Spidey would adapt to new settings outside of his comfort zone.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.