Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

I just found some Spider-man comics, or something.

Cr4pSnip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I looked in a closet and found I had issues 1 - 31 of 'The Astonishing Spider-Man', with 3 issues missing and issue 142. I also have issue 70 of Avengers United and issue 65 of Wolverine and Gambit. I did not know I had any of these comics. They all cost about €5 each, according to these little price stickers, and Wolverine and Gambit says €2.50. That's 30 x 5 = €150 + 2.50 = 152.50... and I did not know I had any of these. When did I even buy them... Anyway, these any good?

Cr4pSnip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cr4pSnip3r

Anyone?

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By thespideyguy

@cr4psnip3r: Spider-Man comics are super collectable. I don't recognize the issues, I'm sorry you don't have anything.

Cr4pSnip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespideyguy: I just want to know if they're a good read, I don't care about collecting or selling or anything like that. I suppose I'll just read them *shrug*

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thespideyguy: I just want to know if they're a good read, I don't care about collecting or selling or anything like that. I suppose I'll just read them *shrug*

Spider-Man comics are great.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By silent_bomber

These are reprints of the variety of different US Spider-Man comics that were around at the time.

Issues 1-31 should mainly be the Clone Saga IIRC. Comicvine has this story in its top 100 Spider-Man stories of all time, but in my experience the clone saga is usually hated by die-hard fans (mainly due to it being convoluted, meandering along for a long time with little focus, and the fact that it re-writes a lot of Spider-Man mythos).

Personally the Clone Saga actually made me quit Spider-Man comics, permanently. After this finished up I started reading only pre-90s Spider-Man, catching up on what I'd previously missed.

You may like it though, I found it quite entertaining early on.

EDIT: That's if you have Volume 1: 1-31, I think they relaunched the comic and went back to #1 in 2007 so you might have Volume 2: 1-31 I guess.

Cr4pSnip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cr4pSnip3r

@cr4psnip3r said:

Spider-Man comics are great.

I'd say so, I don't figure he got his modern day fame from shanty comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.