Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

I call BS on the end of ASM #666 (SPOILERS)

BuckyBarnes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BuckyBarnes

No Caption Provided
    BuckyBarnes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BuckyBarnes

... WTF? I loved ASM #666, but this just bothered me. Spidey is so good at using his powers because he's had about five years (In the Marvel Universe) to hone his powers. And I'm supposed to believe that these people, who got their Spider powers under a week ago are already swinging off skyscrapers and doing acrobatics in the air like freaking pros? Maybe I'm nitpicking (Which I have a feeling I am) and maybe I'm not. What do you guys think of this?

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RedK

i agree with you to a point that his abilitys make him look like a pro but if your just starting out you should be scared Sh**less,  the thing that got me was they don't look scared

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

Peter was webslinging in Amazing Fantasy...so it's not like it took him 5 years to learn how

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By Timandm
    @BuckyBarnes

Peter has been Spider-Man for MORE than ten years now (Marvel time.)  Remember, he was Spider-man BEFORE Franklin Richards was born, and Franklin is ten years old now....

• Peter was web-slinging as soon as he had webs.  Now, HE had to invent web shooters, but the ability to stick to walls, and flip around with perfect balance and agility were there from the beginning.
    • These people appear to have been 'spiderized' a little more than Peter Parker was when he first became Spider-man.  Note, these people can shoot webbing.  Peter Parker couldn't for many years.  In fact, for some reason, he no longer has that ability.  He's still using web shooters...  It's 'possible' that these people have a bit more spider in them than even Spider-man does.
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By zombietag

and he also has enhanced agility and spidey-sense, which helps out a lot with swinging and such. its not just all experience. a lot of it is due to his powers

budonkadonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By budonkadonk

I felt the same way about it...  Peter may have obtained enhanced reflexes as part of the deal, but how do these people get over the fear, learn timing, and develop the muscle memory to do this.   

Spider-powers immediately make you into a boss...  no need for honing your skills.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123

I always thought that the spider powers got rid of fear of heights/vertigo?  

Also, lots of people would practice webswinging if they found out they had it, IMO.. I certainly would. 

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
    Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123: That was my understanding as well. His spider-sense helped with his equilibrium.
    _Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

Maybe there's a bunch of bodies of people who failed splattered across windows, and everyone is too excited about their spider powers to notice.

ScytheClawB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ScytheClawB

That makes sense, but seriously, I noticed that none of them at all look muscular... A punch to the gut from one of them to spidey really doesn't seem like it'd hurt them. And even then, I'm pretty sure Peter is a know genius, he'd figure out that Anti Venom could just take down all of them with his, "Healing Powers"

inkBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By inkBot

Y'know I didn't really notice before, but the guy with the briefcase. The briefcase is opened wrong!

But yea, I've always figured that the spider-sense helped out a lot. When Spidey first lost his spider-sense in the current arc he didn't fare too well in the beginning either.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By mewmdude77

The simplest reason I can give is Peter can't do anything easy, It's always harder for him to do stuff, and other people with spider powers own him all the time, so it makes sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.