Hunting Down an Issue

#1 Posted by Baron_BJ (120 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm currently trying to hunt down a copy of the first comic book I ever read (it was Spider-Man, hence my being here), but I have no idea which series it came from, don't know what the cover looked like and I only have a vague idea of when it came out (somewhere between 1996 and the shitty relaunch). I couldn't read at the time and all I really remember was Spider-Man swinging through New York with dinosaurs and pre-historic areas phasing into areas. Does anyone know which book I could potentially be after? Also, is this in the wrong section of the forum? I posted here because I thought that someone particularly well versed in Spider-Man history could figure it out from my vague statements.

#2 Edited by Mucklefluga (2596 posts) - - Show Bio

@baron_bj: It'll be hard to find with that very vague description. I wish you luck and i will attempt to help you!

#4 Posted by Baron_BJ (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@mucklefluga: Those aren't it unfortunately. Although dinosaurs were there, I don't think they were real in the story, it might have been one of the lamer stories where there was "Virtual Reality in the Real World" or Mysterio just screwing with his head. I appreciate the effort though.

#5 Edited by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I know which one you're on about. However I can't look it up because I don't have access to my Spider-man comics at the moment. This girl was using a device to create illusions everywhere. At one point it was dinosaurs and she was using the distractions to rob banks etc..... Spider-man found out they were illusions by looking at the photo's he took and seeing people running away from nothing. As soon as I can get to my comics i'll look it up.

#6 Posted by VeganDiet (1087 posts) - - Show Bio

If Strider 92 is right about that being the one you're looking for, it is Amazing Spider-man 438.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.