Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Hulk vs Spider-man

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for amazing_spiderman
    Amazing_Spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Amazing_Spiderman

What issues did they battle and what happened?

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By demifiend

spiderman already beat hulk once

alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By alexandrinus

Even so. Hulk (any version of him) takes this. Easy.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    They have fought like 15 times. Also, since this isn't really a battle, I'm moving it to Spidey's forum.
    SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By SuperTide

Hulk imo.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Icon

They've fought many times. Hulk usually can't hit Spider-Man, but he really should be able to win once he eventually lands a couple blows. It just wouldn't be easy. 

CM_Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 165

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By CM_Cameron

If I'm not mistaken, their first encounter was in Amazing Spider-Man #14, though I could be wrong. Not quite a full fledged battle, but they tangled for a bit. They met again in Amazing Spider-Man 119 & 120, which was more like an actual battle, though the military was involved as well, so they weren't the only combatants.

GuruOfFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By GuruOfFunk

All Hulk would need is one full power punch and Spidey's done.
    UltraHeroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By UltraHeroix

Naturally the Hulk should take it easily but Spidey could have some victories too once he uses his head and could prepare.

puinno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By puinno

The hulk would get obliterated by spidey! 

troller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By troller

BUMP

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nickzambuto

Spidey usually just jumps around for a bit while Hulk goes "OOUUURRRGGGHHH".

spidermannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rabbilsikdar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rabbilsikdar

Hulk after the World War and everything, the intelligent and rational Hulk, would seem unstoppable and I doubt, even as a Spidey fan, he could stop him unless he was fully prepared and it was the post-Other Spidey whose powers were amplified.

In a fight it would be a very long battle because Spidey would take a hit-and-run style against Hulk's all out assault. Stalemate the very most for Spidey.

ratman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ratman19

idk how spidey would win he could dodge and run away but, he wouldnt be able to beat him

Avatar image for cannotspellmyname
    CannotSpellMyName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MJ once asked Peter if he thought he could beat the Hulk, Peter replied that he could, but then he'd have to kill him. I highly doubt he could though. I don't remember which issue this was, but he said it while donning a Gwen Stacy memorial outside a library.

Avatar image for thoughtlesssoul
    ThoughtlessSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThoughtlessSoul

If I'm not mistaken Spider-man has already died. Ultimate Spiderman #160 Dies from a fight with Green Goblin.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18  Edited By Strider1992

@ThoughtlessSoul said:

If I'm not mistaken Spider-man has already died. Ultimate Spiderman #160 Dies from a fight with Green Goblin.

Thats only in the Ultimate universe. 616 Peter Parker (Original Amazing Spider-man) is still alive and kicking.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VenomousDragon

Thunder clap, hulk wins.

thats how the fight should go but thats not what happens, PIS at work.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tomchu

HULK CRUSH PUNY INSECT MAN!!

TheLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By TheLeader

I agree with VenemousDragon. Hulk by easy ThunderClap, a groundStomp, or environmentDestruction or largeItemThrow. Hulk is also à better fighter than people Give him crédit for, and has powerful leaps and dashes. There is a video online of Hulk vs Batman. It's pretty much the same here. Watch and enjoy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

It does amuse me that people are treating this as a fight when it was only a request to see which comics they have fought in...

SpideyFan113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SpideyFan113

Comic Spider-man at his fullest potential can beat the Hulk IMO. The dude can keep a building up and speed bliTz to make bad guys flail their arms around hopelessly like idiots. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, Peter has said he knows the secret to beating Hulk, but it involves killing Banner. Yet another example to add to the long list of times Spidey could easily end a fight if it weren't for his will to not kill. Makes me wonder how unstoppable Superior will be (if he's as good as Peter that is. WHICH I DOUBT!!!).

AntiAJ25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AntiAJ25

@SpideyFan113: There's a secret to beating the hulk?

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By JimTheSurfer

Come on. Spider-man is a super agile, super strong genius. He could've easily defeat the hulk.

TerrellV13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TerrellV13

@alexandrinus: Hulk can't beat Spider-Man

Silavite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silavite

Spider-Man would make short attacks on the Hulk using his superior reaction time and agility, the Hulk would likely be attempting to get a blow on Spider-Man in vain. However, the Hulk's healing factor and durability would make his attacks meaningless. I can honestly see this fight going on for days, with Spider-Man's overwhelming agility. Eventually though, Spider-Man will slip up, probably due to fatigue and the Hulk will finally get a hold of Spider-Man and make quick work of him. (The Hulk is gamma powered so he doesn't need food, water, sleep, air, and he has unlimited stamina.)

Also, even if Spider-Man were to try to escape, the Hulk would catch him because though in a combat situation Spider-Man react more quickly, in a straight out run or jump, Hulk easily takes the cake.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By mewmdude77

Here's some of the issue's they fought in, descriptions, and score

Amazing Spider-man 14. Green Goblin Lures spiderman to the desert to fight him in a cave trap. Hulk happens to be in that cave. nothing can stop the Hulk, Spidey has to hide underwater till hulk leaves. Hulk - 1, Scaredy-man - 0

The Amazing Spider-Man 120: Theyve been battling for two issues - they destroy the fairgrounds. Hulk is standing over an injured and prone spidey - when the army shows up. Hulk doesnt like little green men and leaves. Hulk- 2, Spidey - 0.

Amazing Spider-man king size special 3:To decide if Spidey should be an avenger - they propose a test - go get us the Hulk. Now the Hulk was an avenger before any of them - spidey shoulda known something was up. big fight, spidey lures hulk into an area where the radiation turns him back into banner. Spidey feels sorry for him and lets him go. DRAW! still 2-0

Amazing Spider-man 328. Spidey has been given the power cosmic (dont ask..he loses it soon enough) He hits the Hulk with eye beams and then punches him into orbit. yes I said it. into ORBIT. Hulk survives. I give spidey the win. Hulk - 2, Spidey 1

Peter Parker 14 - During fight spidey mentions his wife was dead. this make Hulk sad. his wife dead too. they both stop fighting and leave. DRAW. wimps.

Incredible Hulk 349. Now this is Mr. Fixit - not the hulk you know. its really a fight between two other characters - Alpha and Charlie with Hulk (fixit) and spidey in the middle. fight follows Alpha and chalrie with the two heroes stopping in every now and then. But just prior to the end - FIxit drops in on Alpha and *RIPS ALPHAS ARMS OFF* that ends all the fights.

team_wade101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By team_wade101

If he's smart about it, spider-man, I mean, he's already beaten the hulk. Maybe this time he could use the iron spider suit or borrow some tech from stark or shield and use it to his advantage. Don't forget he has super reflexes and agility to counter hulks brutality.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By PaperDemon

I didnt make this. But it explains.have you heard the phrase.. "agility beats strength"?

sammystorm75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By sammystorm75

With enough prep spidey has a better chance and is smart plus those webs are pretty tough but spidey needs to use a lot of web fluid to slow him down.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Ninjablade09

@PaperDemon said:

I didnt make this. But it explains.have you heard the phrase.. "agility beats strength"?

lol I watched that the other day. It's a great stop motion.

Sapperjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sapperjak

@mewmdude77 said:

Amazing Spider-man 14. Green Goblin Lures spiderman to the desert to fight him in a cave trap. Hulk happens to be in that cave. nothing can stop the Hulk, Spidey has to hide underwater till hulk leaves. Hulk - 1, Scaredy-man - 0

The Amazing Spider-Man 120: Theyve been battling for two issues - they destroy the fairgrounds. Hulk is standing over an injured and prone spidey - when the army shows up. Hulk doesnt like little green men and leaves. Hulk- 2, Spidey - 0.

Amazing Spider-man king size special 3:To decide if Spidey should be an avenger - they propose a test - go get us the Hulk. Now the Hulk was an avenger before any of them - spidey shoulda known something was up. big fight, spidey lures hulk into an area where the radiation turns him back into banner. Spidey feels sorry for him and lets him go. DRAW! still 2-0

Amazing Spider-man 328. Spidey has been given the power cosmic (dont ask..he loses it soon enough) He hits the Hulk with eye beams and then punches him into orbit. yes I said it. into ORBIT. Hulk survives. I give spidey the win. Hulk - 2, Spidey 1

Peter Parker 14 - During fight spidey mentions his wife was dead. this make Hulk sad. his wife dead too. they both stop fighting and leave. DRAW. wimps.

Incredible Hulk 349. Now this is Mr. Fixit - not the hulk you know. its really a fight between two other characters - Alpha and Charlie with Hulk (fixit) and spidey in the middle. fight follows Alpha and chalrie with the two heroes stopping in every now and then. But just prior to the end - FIxit drops in on Alpha and *RIPS ALPHAS ARMS OFF* that ends all the fights.

How do you consider that a draw? If I have the power to kill someone and show them mercy then I wouldn't call it a draw.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By mewmdude77

@Sapperjak: I dunno, I think I took those off a website.

Sironspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sironspider

Spiderman has beaten the Hulk before not sure witch issue thought anyways Spiderman can doge all of hulks punches

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By consolemaster001

Hulk probably

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@mewmdude77 said:

There was one more fight between them at mid 300 issues. Spidey won that one.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JonSmith

@Strider92 said:

Thats only in the Ultimate universe. 616 Peter Parker (Original Amazing Spider-man) is still alive and kicking.

Hindsight. It makes me sad.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#40  Edited By Strider1992

@JonSmith: Past me would be crying right now. Current me is actually enjoying Superior lol.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By Ninjablade09

Spidey's my favorite superhero but I thought this would please Hulk fans

Sapperjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sapperjak

@Strider92: He will be back.

Sapperjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sapperjak

:rolls eyes:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.