Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

How would YOU introduce Spider-Man into the MCU?

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Congratulations! You get to come up with how Spidey will be added to the MCU. How would you get him introduced to the current cast, explain where he's been and avoid the origin story?

Personally I'd want Spider-Man to have existed since the Battle of New York incident, but we didn't see him with the Avenger's because he was evacuating citizens and they hadn't heard about him, since he's been operating as an urban legend.

Captain America 3 is Civil War, so after some sort of even happens and people start demanding registration, people start sharing their stories about a Spider-Man who is prowling around. However, most people just disregard it, but SHIELD and specifically Tony take an interest in looking into this Spider-Man.

His intro scene would be at a warehouse or some sort of shipping company, there are dangerous looking thugs armed with so many guns they look like they came out of a Rambo movie. They're there to steal a proto-type bio armor, setting up for Scorpion, have some of them mention how Silvermane's criminal operations have been being messed up, and how Kingpin and The Big Man have been making plays for control of the underworld. This is to set up Crime bosses that Spidey can deal with, since he hasn't done a lot of that in the movies.

Anyway, they hear a scream, go to investigate and they don't see anything but all of a sudden the unconscious body of one of their guys drops down in front of them, suspended by a web. They start freaking out and something like this happens:

No quips, not talking, just Spider-Man clearing them out. The reason being: Spider-Man doesn't joke around much right now, especially since he's trying to keep Spider-Man an urban legend. The last thug he takes down manages to say, "Silvermane always settles his scores, he'll kill you and your family!" or something like that, this is gonna be important later. Once he's done Tony Stark and Fury show up to talk to him about registration, Spider-Man's not buying it at first, but then Tony convinces him that he needs to do this. He tells Spidey that not registering would make him an outlaw and it could hurt the people close to him, and Spider-Man tells him he'll think about it and starts heading out. After he leaves Fury admits he put a tracer on Spidey, but when he tries using it he finds out Spider-Man slipped it on to Tony. (This should be done with Spider-Man looking cool, but as soon as he's away from them he's on his phone telling his Aunt he'll pick up the milk or something, as a joke.)

As the tension in Civil War escalates, Tony comes home to find and he looks up and finds Spider-Man on the roof inside his house. Spider-Man should be his usual joking self, maybe Tony could comment on it, "You talk more than I expected." or something. If they do this hopefully they don't use Zany humor, Spider-Man should never be Zany he should snark and use sarcasm, so no "crazy-town banana pants" . Tony asks if Spider-Man is ready to reveal himself to the world, Spider-Man responds with something like "No, revealing yourself in public is illegal." Tony should get annoyed but then Spider-Man should get serious and say that he is ready to register and support the registration. Tony takes Spider-Man under his wing, and they partner up for a while and become good friends, also Iron Spider.

Spider-Man starts appearing in the News publicly working with the Pro-Reg guys, but since he's nervous about giving his ID out, Tony lets him keep it a secret until the deadline for registration. Eventually, Spidey meets Captain America and Captain America explains why Registering will be a bad idea, makes Spider-Man really question what he's doing. Spider-Man's still a teen, as far as we know from the news, so Tony is still playing him along like one, and he thinks more and more of what this could do to Aunt May. He starts having flashbacks to what the thug, told him and starts having nightmares about coming home to find his Aunt dead. When the day of the reveal shows up, Spider-Man is standing at the podium and grabs the bottom of his mask like he's going to reveal, but instead he bolts out of there. Spidey defects from pro-reg to anti-reg and the public is angry, and he's lost their trust. This sets up for the first reboot Spider-Man movie, where because of the public distrust of Spider-Man the Chameleon, under Kingpin's orders, impersonates him and sabotages John Jameson's space ship, which proceeds to lose contact and drift off course into space. This is what sets JJ into such a rage that he then funds the creation of the Scorpion, who will get the final version of the battle armor that was briefly seen in Spidey's debut. This also sets up for Venom, as John can get back and since he was off course he accidentally found the symbiote taking it to earth.

Tl;dr: Action scene intro.Don't make Spider-Man wacky. Set up Scorpion and crime bosses for first movie.

More like this:

No Caption Provided

None of this.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't read your whole post but from what I read I like your idea. Call Marvel headquarters and tell em what's up (I would love the thugs mentioning kingpin)

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

hmmm I actually...quite like this....especially the part where he almost unmasks, but then changes his mind and bolts, thereby turing him into a fugitive without having his ID public.

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd base it so he is still the teenaged Peter Parker and he didn't receive his powers until after the events in The Avengers movies. That would explain why he didn't help during that event. But became an established hero afterwards.

While I wouldn't do an intricate "origin" story, I would do a short thing with him being bitten by a radioactive, not genetically modified, spider, and developing powers, and designing his webbing and shooters.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuckwolf:

the radioactive thing won't work in the movies, neither would work in today's comics( if Marvel were to release spiderman for the first time today.)

So they would probably go with the genetically altered spider or maybe related with de chitauri invasion

Dedonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dedonus

Tony Stark: Hey, how about you unmask yourself and join the pro-registration!

Spider-Man: If I have learned anything from your past actions (i.e. Iron Man 3 and telling his enemy the location of his house), I think I'm going to pass. I don't want my house getting nuked while I'm away.

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How I want him to be introduced? : In the opening of Civil War, battle between Spidey and shield agents with quips and all. Iron man shows up, Spider man goes "Holy crap! You're tony stark!" Tony does his song and dance where pro-registration is a good thing. Spider man "Thanks but no thanks." Tony sighed because they have to do this the hard way only for Spiderman to delay Tony and his crew long enough to escape. Camera pans out just as he unmasked. Back is turned as he say "Hi Aunt May."

HOw marvel will introduce him : Setting is inside Stark Tech. "I am Betty here for the Daily Bugle and this is my photographer Mr. Parker." <Geek shown in the back ground> Stark go. "careful don't want one of these spiders biting you."

Why? Because that's how Ultron is introduced as a Stark made creation, so might as well make it Stark Genetics too.

kaine_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make amazing Spider-Man 3. Have tony help him defeat sinister six and recruits him for civil war.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By amazing_webhead

I'd just pull a Ghost Rider and make it really vague whether it's a sequel or a reboot

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Him being a product of hydra

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Here's how I'd do it. Peter has been very recently bitten, so few people know about him.

In Civil War, Tony has files on Parker's identity and blackmails Peter into joining his cause, threatening to out him to the public. Peter reluctantly joins, but after realizing the things he would have to do as a Pro-Reg hero, he decides to defect to Cap's side. He successfully hacks into Tony's files and deletes all evidence, and then steals some equipment. However, Iron Man detects his plan and flies to stop him. Peter trashes his suit and webs Tony to a wall, while Tony calls in backup. Spidey decides to flee, knowing he can't successfully face multiple superheroes.

After joining Cap, he uses his intellect to help their side. He upgrades Falcon's tech, etc. Also, he works on a project for himself. In the final battle, he takes on Iron Man, revealing the secret project - the Iron Spider suit (If he says he didn't have time to change the paintjob that would be a good quip :P). After beating Iron Man, he eventually gets taken down by either Thor/Hulk from Iron Man's side. This is when Cap vs. Iron Man happens, etc etc. I'm just talking about Spidey's role here.

After the movie is done, we could see Peter checking his voicemail with TONS of messages from an angry and worried Aunt May. :P

The reason I had Peter make the Iron Spider is because I can't think of a reason Tony would make it for Peter as he barely knows him and is not particularly friendly. Also, it would help establish Peter's character as a genius to compete with Stark and Banner.

And the Spider-Man movie could be about him joining Horizon Labs as an intern, as he learned from Stark that although he uses his powers for good, his intellect could be another tool to help fulfill his responsibilities. Depending on the ending of Civil War, Spidey would be hated by everyone due to his betrayal of the Pro-Regs, which fuels up JJJ. The villain could be Scorpion (JJJ secretly makes him in the lab with the intention of getting Scorpion to be Spidey's successor and to go pro-reg, but Scorpion goes rogue as he has second thoughts and wishes he hadn't been turned into a genetically modified creature. The movie could then show Peter saving JJJ multiple times due to Scorpion attacking him, which also develops Scorpions grudge against Spidey, as well as showing the extent of Spidey's compassion). In Horizon Labs, Peter could build his Spider Tracers. He could have a crush on two cute girls - Gwen and MJ - but not really get involved in them - maybe one of them asks Peter for a date, but he doesn't show up due to Spidey commitments?

So... whattya guys think? :)

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: After beating Iron Man, he eventually gets taken down by either Thor/Hulk from Iron Man's side.

I don´t think Thor is going to be on Iron Man´s side, in comics, he was very upset with Stark and stomped him in a battle.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: After beating Iron Man, he eventually gets taken down by either Thor/Hulk from Iron Man's side.

I don´t think Thor is going to be on Iron Man´s side, in comics, he was very upset with Stark and stomped him in a battle.

Yeah, that was cool to read (sorry Tony)! :P But remember, he was upset due to how Stark broke his trust and cloned him and used that clone to kill Goliath. If he had been there at the time of the Civil War, he may (or may not) have had a different opinion. Plus, they may chage things for the movie.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

Yeah, that was cool to read (sorry Tony)! :P But remember, he was upset due to how Stark broke his trust and cloned him and used that clone to kill Goliath. If he had been there at the time of the Civil War, he may (or may not) have had a different opinion. Plus, they may chage things for the movie.

Yeah, but he was also mad because he "chased" people who were his partners and friends. If he had been in Civil War, I think he would have picked Cap´s side. They could change that for the movie though.

darklordx123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain america recruiting him

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SilverPool

I don't think I would, but I like blackspidey2099's idea.

I'd just introduce him in a solo movie, I think it's a bit early for Civil War. Granted, AoU could change that.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I would, but I like blackspidey2099's idea.

I'd just introduce him in a solo movie, I think it's a bit early for Civil War. Granted, AoU could change that.

Yes, I too think it is a mistake for Spidey to guest star in another movie before he gets his own.

@blackspidey2099: wow, great ideas.

Thanks!

@blackspidey2099 said:

@thor_parker82 said:

Yeah, but he was also mad because he "chased" people who were his partners and friends. If he had been in Civil War, I think he would have picked Cap´s side. They could change that for the movie though.

True. Maybe Hulk would be on Tony's side instead - that's why I put either Hulk or Thor there. But I though Hulk was more likely to be on Cap's side than Tony - of course, if Banner is in control he would likely go pro-reg.

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
    AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really hoping they aim for an Empire State University Peter over a Midtown High Peter primarily because of the timing. Peter was a young adult during the events of Civil War, and was a well experienced Spider-Man. If they're trying to squeeze him into Civil War with no prior movie of his own introducing him to the universe;

I'd have him featured in the Post-Credits scene for Age of Ultron-- showing Peter Parker crying over Uncle Ben's death. I'm not saying they should do another origin story, but the death of Uncle Ben is universally known, and should tease the appearance of Spider-Man in Civil War.

As for the Civil War movie itself, I'm not really too sure how I'd introduce him. Personally, I loved the idea of Spectacular Spider-Man not having to introduce him by his origin, and jumped a year into his crime fighting career. I feel like Marvel can pull that off in movie form.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderman is marvel's flagship character. he has had 2 other movies. there is no need for a big reboot. there is no need to reinvent the wheel. just have it as spidey always being there. they know who he is, and he just shows up and do his thing. the audience already knows who spidey is so big introductions are not needed.

kaine_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kaine_17

@kaine_17: end credits of age of ultron should cut to the last seen of tasm2 and peter is fighting rhino, gets some good shots but then starts losing and iron man comes out, blasts rhino knocking him out and ask pete if he wants to ve an Avenger..... time line of movies " avengers 1, tasm, all phase two, and just say tasm2 and age of ultron was goin on at the same time, then sonewhere nick fury tells pete he was trying to give him his space

Or didnt think he was old enough or cut out for the avengers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.