How smart is Peter Parker

#1 Edited by jackjeansonne (3 posts) - - Show Bio

To have created something like the webs (can support multiple tons of mass and then dissolve after an hour or so) and web-shooters (can shoot a tiny thread hundreds of feet in a straight line!?!) as a kid, how smart must Parker be? I understand he's no Reed Richards or Banner, but he's gotta be amazingly intelligent.

#2 Posted by InfinityAce (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackjeansonne said:

To have created something like the webs (can support multiple tons of mass and then dissolve after an hour or so) and web-shooters (can shoot a tiny thread hundreds of feet in a straight line!?!) as a kid, how smart must Parker be? I understand he's no Reed Richards or Banner, but he's gotta be amazingly intelligent.

Wasn't there another thread like this? Anyways he's smart enough to give Reed Richards a run for his money if he really got into science 247.(Quoted by Reed himself) Smarter then Hank Pym (Once again quoted from the man himself.) Makes me wonder why he wasn't in the marvel top 8 minds thing.

#3 Edited by Strider92 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter has the potential to be a thinker on par with some of the top. However due to his life as Spider-man he doesn't uses his mind as much as he should or (up until recently) have the resources to back him up. Hank Pym has admitted that Peter at 15 was smarter than him so Peter is a genius level intellect and could be far higher if had actually devoted time to it.

#4 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

it has been said that his IQ is 250

#5 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say he's as smart as either Hank McCoy, or T'Challa, which are the edge of Marvel's top 8.

#6 Posted by Pyrogram (38404 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the most intellectual people in marvel by far,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.