Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

How much damage could Spidey cause if he were a villain?

mypoolisdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mypoolisdead

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

What like in his city? Just using his spider powers the damage would be minimal I think...a task force could be assembled to take him out. 
    If he were to use his brains however and created things such as EMP's then he would be a bigger problem

tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tim2081

If he was Punisher's or Captain America's villain, then he would be major threat to them. If he was Iron Man's villain, he would be considered weak and pointless. If he just went on a random rampage, he will be put down within minutes.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Remember that time he went nuts and tried to kill MJ?

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By mewmdude77

I think the idea of Spider-Man being a villian was touched on slightly in the Grim Hunt. Julia Carpenter, being the new Madame Web, revealed to Spider-Man the future if he went through with killing Kraven. She said he would be an equally effective destroyer, and if he didn't kill Kraven, he would save his own life, the thousands of lives upon that, and the millions of lives based on that. I think there was a What if about it too, but I guess according to the Grim Hunt, He would be a supervillian who would kill Thousands, which would cause millions to die as well. In other words, He'll be the most effective mass murderer in the history of the world.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Icon

As a stealthy assassin type (with an obvious genius-level intellect) I'd say he could take down quite a few people, but he wouldn't be able to cause mass collateral damage like a Hulk or Thor.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Icon
    unless he uses his genius-level intellect to create poisons and viruses.
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By spidey 15
    @mewmdude77 said:
    I think the idea of Spider-Man being a villian was touched on slightly in the Grim Hunt. Julia Carpenter, being the new Madame Web, revealed to Spider-Man the future if he went through with killing Kraven. She said he would be an equally effective destroyer, and if he didn't kill Kraven, he would save his own life, the thousands of lives upon that, and the millions of lives based on that. I think there was a What if about it too, but I guess according to the Grim Hunt, He would be a supervillian who would kill Thousands, which would cause millions to die as well. In other words, He'll be the most effective mass murderer in the history of the world.
    Basically this. Grim Hunt has already explained it. 
    :)
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

It's always the nice ones you have to worry about. Spidey's limits have never really been shown. He was killed, then resurrected himself twice as powerful. So yeah, who knows what Pete could do if he was pushed hard enough.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

I think Spider-man would cause a lot of damage to people anyway. I don't know if he'll be able to affect the country. But I've read comics where Spidey was bloodlusted and dude kinda scares me.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Icon

@Kairan1979: Agreed, I just meant physical collateral damage as the result of a fight.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.