Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

How I would reboot Spider-Man

GaryTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GaryTitan

I would combine elements from the Ultimate universe, the 616 universe and the Mark Webb movie. We start out with Peter Parker, age sixteen, as a Highschool senior at Midtown High. He's a smart kid, but he's also kind of awkward and a gymnast/ parkour artist. He and Gwen Stacy have been friends since Elementary School and have a close bond to eachother (though Peter has had a crush on her since the sixth grade when he discovered that he really likes girls). Uncle Ben is an old construction worker and Aunt May was a baker. Eddie Brock is also one of Peter's best friends, having been so after he bailed Peter out of an accident involving a fight between him and Harry Osborn. Harry is in college and an ex-friend of Peter's after a big fight he and Peter had before he graduated.

Flash Thompson is still Peter's bully and still becomes a huge Spider-Fan after Peter becomes Spider-Man. Peter goes on a class trip to Oscorp for science class, where he gets bitten by the irradiated spider. He passes out and is taken to Oscorp's infirmary where they give him some meds, some ointment and a bandaid for the bite and send him home, the school giving him an excused absence for the rest of the day. He goes to his room and takes a nap. He has a nightmare/ prophetic dream about Uncle Ben's death and snaps awake. When he does, it's well pasted Supper Time and is kind of freaked out. When he tries to open his door, his hand sticks to it and he tears off the door handle. He continues to freak out when Uncle Ben talks to him from the other side of his door. We cut to the next day, a Saturday, where Peter discovers more of his spider powers. Such as his Spider Sense and agility after flipping over a car while crossing the street on the way to the store to pick up some eggs for Aunt May (organic eggs, ofcourse). He overhears Aunt May and Uncle Ben talk about how they're behind on their bills, he decides he wants to help. He applies for a job at the Daily Bugle, run by the irate J. Jonah Jameson, as a photographer for hire. He gets the job and earns a steady cash flow for a couple months. Both of his guardians are proud of him for acting so selfless and aiding them when they needed it most. With their words, Peter starts helping more people around Midtown High. This eventually escalates in to a fight between him and Flash, Flash having picked on a freshmen and taking his lunch money. Flash gets the snot kicked out of him due to Peter's outrageous strength and gets suspended and getting a talking to by Uncle Ben who tells him "with great power, comes great responsibility". Peter sneaks out at night to clear his mind since he's having trouble sleeping. When Uncle Ben goes to check on him, he goes out and tries to find Peter. Peter gets caught in the middle of a corner store robbery and attempts to diffuse the situation. Ben takes notice of this and calls Peter's name. Peter, being momentarily distracted, is shoved in to a nearby fridge and temporarily stunned. Ben then attacks the criminal, which ends with a bullet being shot through his chest with a horrified Peter helpless to stop it.

After Uncle Ben's funeral, he prowls the streets and rooftops of New York to find Uncle Ben's killer. He starts off wearing a baggy black hood, dark blue jeans and a pair of black Chucks. After an intense scuffle with a gang of street thugs who have seen his face, he starts wearing a pair of goggles and a red mask. This the progresses until he starts making a Spider motif to his vigilante clothes and swaps out his baggy hoodie for a tighter hood. With this, he adapts the name "Spider-Man". With his continued vigilante activity, he gains a following online, becoming something of an urban legend. Jameson decides to capitalize on the growing popularity of Spider-Man by printing anti-Spider-Man rhetoric, not because it reflects his view in Spider-Man, but because smear campaigns tend to sell more papers and get more hits.

Spider-Man's first villain is the Punisher, who is hired by Wilson Fisk of Fisk Banking Co., since Spider-Man has been breaking up his drug trade on the street. Frank has Peter on the ropes for their first few encounters, which have all been from a distance, but ends up having to fight him hand to hand. The Punisher is trained in Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do which still has Spider-Man well on the ropes. After this battle, he uses his spare time after school to try and make his webshooters. Once he perfects them, he takes them for a trial run by swinging through the city. This is when he has his final antagonistic encounter with Frank Castle. Frank is caught off guard by Spider-Man's implementation of his web shooters and is swiftly defeated and interrorgated by Spider-Man. He tells him how he was hired by Fisk to take him out, Fisk having lied to him and saying that Peter was the cause of multiple robberies of Fisk owned banks. They form an alliance inorder to take out the Kingpin.

The siege is planned for weeks on end, Frank Castle and Peter being in contact with eachother and forming an almost father-son relationship through it all. Even going so far as to share names and backstories. When the siege is brought to fruition, it plays out much like the siege in Big Time with Spidey and Black Cat, only with the roles reversed. Spider-Man is beaten senseless by Tex and the Kingpin and Frank is fighting off the Hobgoblin, the leader of Wilson's gang, "The Goblins". But in the end Fisk is defeated, Spider-Man is named a hero and now has a strong bond with Frank Castle, and has a steady job that pays well.

The costume I would like to use is of Rosey Higgin's own design. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about :http://www.tencentticker.com/projectrooftop/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Rosy-Higgins.png

I like this design because it looks like something that could easily be put on and off and the possible inclusion of a backpack could be even better, since he could store the pads, goggles, mask, etc. and take then out for a quick change whenever he's needed.

The only change I would like to have is to get rid of the boots. It's really just a personal preference, but I never liked Converse's boxing boot design. No real reason, they're just very unappealing to me personally, otherwise the suit it perfect.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

If I was given the film it would be completely unfriendly towards people who weren't fans lol. Screw the origin story i'd have it set when Parker is in his mid-twenties a few years after becoming Spider-man (if the TV series can do it so can the movie!) and then i'd decide to use whatever god-damn villain I wanted!!!!!! Probably end up being either Venom because he deserves to be done right or Kraven. Imo they should at some point make another TV series or movie where Pete isn't a kid because this repetition is getting old!

If not they should make a Spider-man 2099 movie or given the right resources a Scarlet Spider one! Either of these would be awesome!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Lvenger

The Punisher deserves his own film if I'm honest. On the big screen, he and Spider-Man just don't mesh. And the costume looks really weird. Plus it reveals hair. Not so good for a secret identity.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CrimsonCake

@Strider92 said:

If I was given the film it would be completely unfriendly towards people who weren't fans lol. Screw the origin story i'd have it set when Parker is in his mid-twenties a few years after becoming Spider-man (if the TV series can do it so can the movie!) and then i'd decide to use whatever god-damn villain I wanted!!!!!! Probably end up being either Venom because he deserves to be done right or Kraven. Imo they should at some point make another TV series or movie where Pete isn't a kid because this repetition is getting old!

If not they should make a Spider-man 2099 movie or given the right resources a Scarlet Spider one! Either of these would be awesome!

People are going to be confused when they see him,it could cause a lot of confusion.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@CrimsonCake: Hence the reason I said my movie would be unfriendly towards people who aren't fans lol!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Strider92: Amen dude. I'd have a semi-experienced Spider-man. He's currently completed College, trying to land a job, has faced quite a few of villains already. Gwen might already be dead. I would love to have the Scorpion or Kraven appear in a Spider-man film so either one would be the perfect choice for the film. It'd be an excellent opportunity to bring back J.K. Simmons into the role of Jameson as he helps create the Scorpion to battle Spider-man. As for Kraven, I don't know if I'd have Kraven's first appearance or maybe just jump straight into Last Hunt since it's my favourite Kraven story.

I couldn't care less for people who know nothing about the mythos!

Avatar image for thelastlife0726
    thelastlife0726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thelastlife0726

I would have the Vulture, because he's become a really three-dimensional villain, and he's supposed to have been one of Spider-Man's first. I think that seventeen or eighteen is a suitibal age for Spider-Man, because he's still in high-school, but it's easy to get an actor in his twenties to play him. Also, something that really anoyed me about the movies is that I can't believe that a kid in high-school can make a costume that itricate. I would have the costume get more detailed in each film. Also, web-shooters over organic.

GaryTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GaryTitan

Maybe I should have clarified that this was going to be a comic book reboot origin. o3o

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By karetaker

@GaryTitan said: i think this is great. giving him a mentor like castle who would be able to shape him would make for an interesting read in my mind.

GaryTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GaryTitan

@karetaker said:

@GaryTitan said: i think this is great. giving him a mentor like castle who would be able to shape him would make for an interesting read in my mind.

I thought it would be interesting too. I'm thinking of making the Frank Castle and Kingpin arc the second arc, and making the first arc Peter tracking down Uncle Ben's killer.

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By karetaker

@GaryTitan: sounds good. if you really wanna mix it up have you considered killing aunt may instead?just a thought

GaryTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GaryTitan

@karetaker said:

@GaryTitan: sounds good. if you really wanna mix it up have you considered killing aunt may instead?just a thought

That does sound like a possible idea. I'll keep it in my notes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.