Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

How I Would Make "Amazing Spider-Man" Into The "Ultimate" TV Show

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13

I really liked the Amazing Spider-Man, but what if HBO helped to fund an Ultimate Spider-Man TV show with a Game of Thrones budget? It would be totally epic! A season would be about 10 episodes and would follow Peter from his spider bite until he graduates college and get's a job at Horizon Labs. There would be 3-5 seasons.

The show would draw inspiration from the Ultimate Spider-Man book, Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, and Amazing Spider-Man film.

Premise: The protagonist of Ultimate Spider-Man is Peter Parker, a science prodigy teenager who lives in Queen, New York. He is bitten by a genetically altered spider and inherits its powers, including enhanced strength, agility and reflexes. When an armed thief, whom Peter had a chance to stop earlier but didn't, kills his uncle Ben, he feels guilty and dedicates his life to fighting crime as the costumed hero Spider-Man. Peter tries to balance school, a job, a girlfriend, his family life with his widowed aunt May, and his activities as Spider-Man.

Peter's accidental transformation into Spider-Man is the byproduct of corporate rivalry between Norman Osborne (of Oscorp) and Wilson Fisk (of Roxxon). Both titans of business are locked in a race for who can dominate the field of genetic engineering. Neither man is willing to play nice.

Cast:

Main Characters-

Notes:

Peter is an intelligent but not popular high school student who lives in Queens, New York City, with his Uncle Ben and Aunt May Parker. He is sixteen years old when the series begins. On a science field trip to Osborn Industries, a genetically altered spider bites Peter. Instead of dying as expected, Peter begins to inherit various superhuman powers. He manages to complete his father's research on adhesives, creating a formula used to create artificial webs. Peter tries to balance school, a job, a girlfriend, his Aunt May and his life as Spider-Man, which proves to be difficult. He is close friends with Harry Osborn and Miles Morales.

Ben is Peter's intelligent uncle who is killed by a burglar early on in the series. He sometimes appears in flashback when Peter is in a dire situation.

May is is an independent woman in her 50s who works as a secretary and regularly sees a therapist to deal with the death of her husband Ben. May hates Spider-Man because she believed he had no regard for innocent bystanders and hid his face behind a mask.

Midtown High School Students-

Notes:

Gwen is Peter's bright next-door neighbor and eventual first love. She is the first person Peter reveals his identity to, and the one who often fixes his costume and treats his injuries. Although Peter and Gwen love each other, Peter's life as Spider-Man is often a burden on their relationship. She is a little nerdy. Even though she's accepted by the popular crowd, she would much rather talk about science with Peter. She's the kind of girl everyone likes and turns to for support. Her father is NYPD Captain George Stacey.

Mary Jane is the niece of Aunt May's friend, Anna Watson. Before moving in with her aunt, Mary Jane Watson lived in an abusive household. MJ has developed a party girl personality to hide her personal troubles and to be accepted by her peers. She attends Homecoming with Peter after being set up with him on a blind date. Mary Jane befriends both Peter and Gwen. At the start of the series, she is determined to stay single. She dreams of becoming a famous actress, and she performs in many school plays. At the end of the series, she grows into a better person, and she and Peter end up together.

Harry Osborn is the troubled son of Norman Osborn and one of Peter's only two friends at the start of the series. He struggles for his father's attention and affection. He considers Peter to be his best friend, though at times he also resents Peter for earning Norman's respect--which Harry has never been able to do.

Miles Morales is a long-time friend of the Peter Parker. The two grew up inseparable, but their relationship becomes strained when Peter starts hiding his alter ego and powers from Miles. Eventually they reconcile when Miles learns the truth. Miles's Uncle Aaron works as an enforcer and agent of corporate espionage for Roxxon and Wilson Fisk. Due to his Uncle's thievery, Miles also gains spider powers in a later season. He is initially weary of his new abilities, but he eventually takes on the identity of the Scarlet Spider. Peter's connetion to Oscorp is Harry, and his connection to Roxxon is Miles.

Flash Thompson is a star basketball player at Midtown High who torments Peter Parker because he believes that Peter is a "stuck-up egghead." The two were friends when they were much younger. He dates Liz Allen, but he has a crush on Gwen Stacey. He is Spider-Man's #1 fan. After high school, he joins the Marines. As the series progresses, he becomes a better person and a good friend of Peter's. He deduces Peter's identity in the penultimate season. In the final season, he uses Eddie Brock's symbiote for the U.S. government.

Liz Allen is a snobby cheerleader at the start of the series, but she becomes close with Mary Jane and Gwen. She is initially cruel to Gwen because she is jealous of how much everyone likes Gwen as a person and because she senses that Flash has a crush on Gwen. She deals with a drug addiction at some point during the high school portion of the series, but she recovers. She breaks up with Flash, and she starts to date Miles, whom she feels helps her to be a better person. She in turn becomes a source of support for Miles when he becomes a superhero. She adjusts to her boyfriend being a hero faster than Gwen and Mary Jane, and she deals with the stress better. After she breaks up with Flash, she demonstrates a much more open and accepting side. After she becomes friends with Peter, she usually refers to him as "Petey."

Daily Bugle-

Notes:

J. Jonah Jameson is the editor-in-chief who hates Spider-Man and runs a smear campaign against him, which stems from the death of his son John. He warms to Peter Parker, but he isn't afraid to show him tough love.

Robbie Robertson is his Jonah's right-hand man and star reporter. He is the father of Randy Robertson, and he reminds Peter of his Uncle Ben.

Betty Brant is one of the Daily Bugle's secretaries. She is shown in the show to be calm and collected, even during Jameson's constant outrages. She is there to pick up the pieces after Jonah has given Peter some tough love. She always tells him to keep his chin up.

Other-

Notes:

Captain George Stacey is Gwen's father. He thinks that Spider-Man is a menace.

Jefferson Davis is Miles's father and a former criminal. He is a good man, but he doesn't approve of superheroes. He has a strained relationship with his younger brother Aaron Davis.

Nia Morales is Miles's mom. She's a fan of Spider-Man. She doesn't like Flash because he oggles her, and she is suspicious of Harry Osborn.

Villains-

Notes:

Norman Osborn is the unscrupulous CEO of Oscorp, an industrialist and scientist.

Wilson Fisk is the CEO of Roxxon. He plays dirty.

Curt Connors is one of Osborn's scientists.

Aaron Davis is Miles's uncle and an enforcer/thief for Fisk.

Eddie Brock is is a university student who was Peter's childhood friend. He is the son of Peter's father's long-time collaborator on an experimental power-increasing symbiote named Venom.

Otto Octavius is is one of Fisk's scientists.

Flint Marko is Fisk's brother-in-law and body guard. He believes that Fisk's research will help his daughter.

Aleksei Sytsevich is a common criminal who has just starting doing dirty work for Osborn.

Maxwell Dillon is one of the Osborn's hit men.

Cletus Cassidy a serial killer doing time in Rykers.

Spiderslike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Spiderslike

I definitely approve of the cast

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Superdork

This is AWESOME!! But...

I hate you. Now I'm sad because no TV exec has made this or will make this happen.

Great casting choices btw...

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Spiderslike said:

I definitely approve of the cast

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheAnnihilator

Wow, this is awesome. I hope they use some of these actors in the movies! Who wouldn't want to see Brain Cranston as Norman Osborn or Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Otto Octavius?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Strider1992

McGinley would rock as Jameson. The only real quarrel I have is Zac Effron as Parker (that is Effron right? it sure looks like him!)? To me his acting is kind of lacking but apart from that the rest looks pretty awesome.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Captain13

@Strider92 said:

McGinley would rock as Jameson. The only real quarrel I have is Zac Effron as Parker (that is Effron right? it sure looks like him!)? To me his acting is kind of lacking but apart from that the rest looks pretty awesome.

Thanks! I think Zac could handle it though. He really balanced comedy and seriousness in 17 Again.

redsonjustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By redsonjustin

Cool.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Strider1992

@Captain13: I will admit that I thought 17 again was good as far as Zac's acting has gone and i'd be willing to give hi ma shot i'm just not sure if he could pull it off.

Robert Knepper or Micheal C Hall should play Cletus Cassidy!!!!!! They both play psychos so well!

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Strider92 said:

McGinley would rock as Jameson.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RedOwl_1

Cast sound great.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#12  Edited By Teerack

I think you're over estimating how much money game of thrones has in their budget xD

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Madame_Mist

I would watch just because of the purely awesome casting.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strider1992

@Captain13: Nice you added my suggestion for Carnage! :p Micheal C Hall would completely rock Cassidy!!!

Another suggestion i'd make would be Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) as Adrian Toomes:

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Captain13

@Strider92: I already cast him as Norman Osborn, which I think is a role he could do well in after seeing Breaking Bad.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strider1992

@Captain13 said:

@Strider92: I already cast him as Norman Osborn, which I think is a role he could do well in after seeing Breaking Bad.

Hah didn't recognize him with hair lol! and yeah he probably would do better as Osborn!

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ChaosMarvel

@Strider92 said:

@Captain13 said:

Hah didn't recognize him with hair lol! and yeah he probably would do better as Osborn!

Lol neither did I. He looks surprisingly different with hair O.O

Nice cast btw!

3Blue_Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 3Blue_Star

The cast is really good

Replicant0658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Replicant0658

I would SO watch this and your cast for the most part is spot on! I mean, Sam Witwer as Eddie Brock? Yes. YES.

My only complaint? No JK Simmons. I mean as awesome as that dude from Scrubs would be as Jameson (I mean I have no doubt in my mind he would knock it out of the park!), I just really love Simmons as Jolly Jonah.

C'maaaan, look at him! Haha

@Superdork said:

This is AWESOME!! But...

I hate you. Now I'm sad because no TV exec has made this or will make this happen.

Great casting choices btw...

Hahaha I agree!!!!! My only question now is who would you cast to play Felicia Hardy/Black Cat?

cnkrc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cnkrc

If you are thinking something like Smallville, It would be cool to watch. However I am not sure about Ultimate Universe as a starting point. 616 is better in that point or merge them together. Because I dont want to see Gwen Stacy dead. But since show will create another Alt. Universe as its own so it doesnt matter much. And 1-5 season would not be enough , at least 7 or 8 Seasons (Half of One of the seasons should be about Clone Saga by itself) with all kinds of villans and guest hero stars.

Edit: By The way I just read the character intros, miles morales as scarlet spider is a good idea but I am still in favoring a Clone Saga event , for the debut of Kaine or Jessica Drew or such.

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By PCN24454

Harry Osborn is the troubled son of Norman Osborn and one of Peter's only two friends at the start of the series. He struggles for his father's attention and affection. He considers Peter to be his best friend, though at times he also resents Peter for earning Norman's respect--which Harry has never been able to do.

Eddie Brock is is a university student who was Peter's childhood friend. He is the son of Peter's father's long-time collaborator on an experimental power-increasing symbiote named Venom.

What I don't like about the ultimate universe is that they made harry and venom into too similar characters. They might as well go the Ultimate Spider-man route and merge them.

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Which characters are paired up with which cast members?

Some of them are obvious but still tell.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Good cast. Before seeing the Social Network and when it was first announced that Spider-man would be rebooted I had hoped Effron would be Spidey, thought 17 again was a great movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.