How High Are The Expectations Of The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

#1 Posted by Frozen (12930 posts) - - Show Bio

How high will they be in your view?

#2 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7702 posts) - - Show Bio

Getting higher for me personally after seeing the speech Andrew Garfield gave at comic con, over all I think the buzz is going to grow considerably. 

#3 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a supporter of Andrew Garfield. 
Sadly, this entire movie is unnecessary. Nonetheless, I expect it to be better than the original (Sam Raimi's first entry).

#4 Posted by Frozen (12930 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree.

#5 Posted by inkBot (102 posts) - - Show Bio

My expectations are low, really low.

#6 Posted by gavinification (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited for it but I like to aim low and avoid disappointment. 
And a movie is never unnecessary. Its a movie and I think movies are fun even if they are bad.

#7 Posted by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

I am unsure after seeing what appears to essentially be scene-for-scene shot of the first movie's origin. We know his origin. we know he will jump yelling and screaming from roof top to roof top after being bitten and getting sick from the spider bite. I'm alternately excited because it's my favorite character and disappointed because we've already seen all that and it's a waste of time. Plus, I want to see Vulture.

#8 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

For right now I think it is low. Over time with more images and a new trailer the hype will grow.

#9 Posted by The Stegman (23989 posts) - - Show Bio

since Spidey is my favorite superhero, and i ADORE gwen stacy, I.....AM.....PUMPED!!!!!

#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Extremely high, actually.  

If they expect me to sit down and watch Peter Parker get bit by the spider and Uncle Ben die all over again, they better do it in a creative way. Also, Emma Iwoulddestroyhersohard Stone is in it, so it automatically beats the whole first trilogy. 

#11 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I don't have many, i'm just going to try and go in and enjoy the film with a clean slated perception.

Outside me I would wager general expectation of the viewing audience at large (which should be massive for the opening) will be that it at least be equal to
Raimi's work or better.

#12 Posted by Samimista (20686 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATPANEXE said:
Personally I don't have many, i'm just going to try and go in and enjoy the film with a clean slated perception.  Outside me I would wager general expectation of the viewing audience at large (which should be massive for the opening) will be that it at least be equal to Raimi's work or better.
This.
#13 Posted by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio
@Samimista
Ditto.
#14 Posted by spidey1fan (225 posts) - - Show Bio

low

#15 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@Overseer said:
@Samimista: Ditto.
Ditto Ditto. Or Whatever I'm supposed to say.
#16 Posted by Sissel (1989 posts) - - Show Bio
MY BODY IS READY! 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.