#1 Posted by Villelater (1307 posts) - - Show Bio

post some speed scans

#2 Posted by Alexander Hillcrest (71 posts) - - Show Bio
Villelater said:
"post some speed scans"
#3 Posted by Villelater (1307 posts) - - Show Bio

what? i don't have any.....unless they involve my Avatar

#4 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll try to get some.  He's fought and beat firelord so......

#5 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw him once evade a blow from Speed Demon. See if I can find the scan. It was in the Thunderbolts vs New Avengers.

#6 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the OHOTMU,

"His reflexes are faster than an average human by about a factor of 15"

This was upgraded prior to One More Day to 18x faster than a normal human but since the reversal of those gains took place he should be again 15x faster.

#7 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"I saw him once evade a blow from Speed Demon. See if I can find the scan. It was in the Thunderbolts vs New Avengers."

I remember this as well.  Plus in the old Syndicate issues. 
#8 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Fast enough that he's confident enough to wear a suit with no armor

#9 Posted by Psyker star (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

speed as in running or dodging

#10 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure that there has ever been figures clocked in the comics. I would have to track through some old comics, but I could swear he is fast enough to out run traffic in New York, his web slinging ability should easily pass 70 mph. I know a lot do not like to use the Marvel stats (cards, source books) but with their ranking from 107 his speed is placed at a 3, which is said to be over 100 mph. Naturally I'd assume that to be web slinging speed and not running.

#11 Posted by kore (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty quick with his Spider-Sense, but if you can take it away he's like a deer in headlights.

As far as running, he's on par with an Olympic Athlete.

#12 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say he is much faster than any Olympic Athlete. 

Even without the spider-sense I'd give him more credit than a deer in the headlights. On top of superhuman agility, he has superhuman reflexes, and speed.

#13 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Faster than the human eye can keep up with if he really tries.
#14 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

That first guy in the scan so looks like one of the Dreadnocks from G.I. Joe!
lol

#15 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Nice scans here.
#16 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's more agile than quick.

#17 Posted by segamarvel (620 posts) - - Show Bio

He is much faster than that.

Just by bouncing around from building to building he covers 2 miles in 5 seconds (if you do the math that is him moveing at 1440mph)

#18 Posted by Earth616 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn that guy's awesome!

#19 Posted by segamarvel (620 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant help but want to chim in here again to state my thoughts on this.

Spiders (depending on the species) have run at speeds that range from 33 to 48 times their body length per second. Peter is 5foot10inches tall so since he is constantly boasting about having the proportionate speed and strength of a spider Peter should be able to move at these speeds which for his size ranges at about 130 to 190 mph. I don't know about you guys but I see no reason to argue with that logic since there is no reason for spidey to be slower than his namesake. Heck he maybe even faster than that. The guys strength is already blown out of proportion for a spider so why shouldn't he be at least as fast if not faster than any spider? His speed/reflexes are stated to be 15x faster than the average joe (average healthy humans should be able to easily run 10 to 15 mph) so that should mean Peter can plausibly move at at least 150 to 225 mph. Now THATS fast and awesome. I'd even consider him a borderline speedster or a low level speedster given the crazy feats he has shown.

#20 Posted by segamarvel (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Btw ain't there a scan where spidey moved to fast for a computer to track? FYI if spideys that fast then screw human reaction time spider-man out does computers.

#21 Posted by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

Fast enough to dodge a bullet, but not as fast Quicksilver.

#22 Edited by SheenLantern (6668 posts) - - Show Bio

He can dodge bullets after they're fired, move faster than the eye can see and can travel miles in seconds without his webs.

#23 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Not fast enough to outrun bad writers......it is depressing.

#24 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5968 posts) - - Show Bio

As fast as a spider

#25 Posted by segamarvel (620 posts) - - Show Bio

As fast as a spider

Maybe faster, after all his strength is definitely unusual for a human sized spider.

#26 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5968 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

As fast as a spider

Maybe faster, after all his strength is definitely unusual for a human sized spider.

I was making a joke....

#27 Posted by segamarvel (620 posts) - - Show Bio

@segamarvel said:

As fast as a spider

I was making a joke....

Oh... You could have warned me or gave a hint like (a pun). "sigh" now I feel stupid.

#28 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5968 posts) - - Show Bio

@segamarvel said:

As fast as a spider

I was making a joke....

Oh... You could have warned me or gave a hint like (a pun). "sigh" now I feel stupid.

Don't feel bad, its hard to detect jokes on the internet. I've made my fair share of mistakes not detecting sarcasm.

#29 Posted by segamarvel (620 posts) - - Show Bio

@segamarvel said:

@segamarvel said:

As fast as a spider

I was making a joke....

Don't feel bad, its hard to detect jokes on the internet. I've made my fair share of mistakes not detecting sarcasm.

Hmm, true, to true. You've obviously been here longer then I have. If only Spidey was this fast on the big screen, I would pay big money if they just put the same amount of effort into it as they did the matrix.

#30 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11739 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone seen the post views for this? OVER THREE THOUSAND!!!!!

And uhm, Spider-Man is pretty fast.

#31 Posted by segamarvel (620 posts) - - Show Bio

That depends if were talking about running speed, reaction speed and combat speed.

Running: Over 100 mph

Reaction: supersonic (with spider-sense likely hypersonic)

Combat or short distances via agility: 40x faster than a normal human, in other words, He's a supersonic fighter.

#32 Posted by VeganDiet (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Btw ain't there a scan where spidey moved to fast for a computer to track? FYI if spideys that fast then screw human reaction time spider-man out does computers.

I know you asked for this a while ago, but better late than never:

#33 Posted by nickzambuto (13803 posts) - - Show Bio

He can dodge bullets after they're fired, move faster than the eye can see and can travel miles in seconds without his webs.

Miles in seconds? Peter had better be prepared to outrace jet fighters with that speed. Do you have any reason for thinking this?

#34 Posted by SheenLantern (6668 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

Miles in seconds? Peter had better be prepared to outrace jet fighters with that speed. Do you have any reason for thinking this?

#35 Posted by nickzambuto (13803 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@sheenlantern said:

Well... that's strange.

#36 Posted by VeganDiet (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@nickzambuto said:

@sheenlantern said:

Well... that's strange.

What's odd is that that's not exactly a one time thing. He was able to outrace bullets for a decent chunk of time with his agility and web slinging. Recently he also was able to beat both bullets and electrical energy blasts to their targets. I wouldn't really try to argue that as Spider-man's speed as it is a ridiculous outlier compared to his average, but the fact that he's done things in the same realm of speed more than once is pretty impressive.

#37 Posted by TheBlackPeterParker (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Ask Mary Jane... ;)

#38 Edited by segamarvel (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing that Spidey can move 40x faster than normal acrobats actually makes sense. Sure He cant run at that pace but he can still move that fast with his agility and in h2h combat speed. Pete's Combat speed reflexes actually works alongside his agility to move this fast. So yes He's faster than bullets, He just cant outrun them, but with agility/reflexes like that who needs to run? I hope this makes the miles in seconds feat sound more plausible because it wasn't running speed, just really REALLY fast parkour, which is totally different when in combat.

#39 Posted by VeganDiet (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing that Spidey can move 40x faster than normal acrobats actually makes sense. Sure He cant run at that pace but he can still move that fast with his agility and in h2h combat speed. Pete's Combat speed reflexes actually works alongside his agility to move this fast. So yes He's faster than bullets, He just cant outrun them, but with agility/reflexes like that who needs to run? I hope this makes the miles in seconds feat sound more plausible because it wasn't running speed, just really REALLY fast parkour, which is totally different when in combat.

He literally has "outran"(webswinging) bullets before. As in, he was web swinging so fast that was able to keep ahead of bullets that were tracking him.

#40 Edited by segamarvel (620 posts) - - Show Bio

@vegandiet said:

@segamarvel said:

He literally has "outran"(webswinging) bullets before. As in, he was web swinging so fast that was able to keep ahead of bullets that were tracking him.

I don't doubt spidey can move over short distances faster then bullets, I simply said he cant SPRINT faster then them, but I'm fine with him outmoveing bullets as long as its in a ninja acrobatic like fashion. For example Spidey can JUMP those distances like this: even drugged,Spider-Man is able to reach Vermin before the bullets can hit him and still webs then up multiple bullets (and pimp-smacks Harry. That's still supersonic movement speed over a short distance but notice that he did it with a jump instead or running on the ground like a real speedster would have done.

#41 Posted by segamarvel (620 posts) - - Show Bio

All I'm sayin is that spidey is a bullet timer that can move his entire body at these speeds. With his agility he is supersonic in movement and reaction because he spends more time in the air then he does on the ground. The nature of his speed is different than a speedster but still similar because when he speedblitzs someone he does it by ricocheting around his opponent instead of running in circles. With Petes powerful leg muscles he can almost instantly by reflex jump from one side of his opponent to another at 40x human speed. Does anyone see what I'm talking about?

#42 Posted by Stormdriven (5011 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the point everyone is trying to make here is this: Spiderman is a total BAMF

#43 Posted by NICK31898 (2180 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the point everyone is trying to make here is this: Spiderman is a total BAMF

Oh definitely. He is the most powerful street leveler, so.

#44 Posted by Stormdriven (5011 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick31898: Stuff like this is what makes Spiderman my favorite superhero

#45 Posted by NICK31898 (2180 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick31898: Stuff like this is what makes Spiderman my favorite superhero

Oh yeah, mine too. He is just so physically superior to most other street levelers.

#46 Posted by ZeroPlus (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

He's really fast,reflexive and agile, he's much faster than a peak human !

#47 Edited by Homifred (30 posts) - - Show Bio

The Official Handbook volume 3 states his reflexes are virtually instantaneous and his running speed superhuman (111-115 mph). Yes, he is amazing.

#48 Posted by segamarvel (620 posts) - - Show Bio

@homifred said:

The Official Handbook volume 3 states his reflexes are virtually instantaneous and his running speed superhuman (111-115 mph). Yes, he is amazing.

Faster than that actually. If you take into account how fast real life spiders actually are (which I posted above)

#49 Posted by Bezza (3681 posts) - - Show Bio

@segamarvel:

I agree with all your calculations, wonder why he never runs that fast in comic or on screen? I mean even Cap America was timed at 13 miles per half hour in the Cap America 2 Film which sure beats Usain Bolt!

#50 Posted by Black_Arrow (3201 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

@segamarvel:

I agree with all your calculations, wonder why he never runs that fast in comic or on screen? I mean even Cap America was timed at 13 miles per half hour in the Cap America 2 Film which sure beats Usain Bolt!

Because doing ninja acrobatics is 100 times more cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.