How don't we know who the villain for the movie will be yet?

#1 Posted by G Bird (1280 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the movie is already in production and photos have already leaked from the set, how don't we know who the villain will be yet? I mean damn, we already know Bane will be the villain for the 3rd Batman movie and that isn't even started filming. Is Marvel just trying to keep this a big secret, or aren't people even interested and not trying to find out?

#2 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT! BANE is the villain for the next Batman movie, I was just watching Dark Knight, and when they were talking about him having step down as Batman i thought "well if they choose Bane for the next movie he could get broken in half, that should make him step down" crazy deja vu .

anyway with Spider-mans villain i guess no ones really interested there are going to be like three other Marvel Movies coming out before it so, we can just wait and see. (personally i like being surprised)

#3 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The Lizard was confirmed a while ago, lol 

EDIT: I'm pretty sure, anyway

#4 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7958 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" The Lizard was confirmed a while ago, lol "
And possibly the Proto-Goblin.
#5 Posted by gammasan55 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Both proto-goblin and Lizard are listed on the imdb page...i think that makes it official and the filming not filming thing doesn't mean much because they're both coming out in 2012 correct?

#6 Posted by G Bird (1280 posts) - - Show Bio
@gammasan55 said:
" Both proto-goblin and Lizard are listed on the imdb page...i think that makes it official and the filming not filming thing doesn't mean much because they're both coming out in 2012 correct? "
For real? I heard rumors about Lizard and was hoping he would be the villain but I never did hear officially. I'll have to look into Proto-Goblin, never heard of him. But yeah I think both are coming out in 2012.
#7 Posted by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes is obvious, there is a list that anyone knows about the villains of a Superhero, for example:
Spider-man's greatest foes are the Green Goblin, the Doctor Octopus and Venom...
Spider-man (1) = Green Goblin
Spider-man 2 = Doctor Octopus
Spider-man 3 = Venom, Sandman and the Hobgoblin

Captain America's greatest foe is Red Skull, Thor's greatest Foe is Loki, etc.
With Iron Man, well, I was surpriced, I didn't knew anything about Stane before the Movie, I thought that the Villain could be the Mandarin or Red Dynamo.
I personally don't care who are the villains, if the movie is enjoyable.

#8 Posted by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio
@gammasan55 said:
" Both proto-goblin and Lizard are listed on the imdb page...i think that makes it official and the filming not filming thing doesn't mean much because they're both coming out in 2012 correct? "
I would prefer to see the Ultimate Green Goblin.
#9 Posted by gammasan55 (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool: while that would be nice, but this isn't Ultimate Spider-Man, just Spider-Man.
#10 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Kraven and Scorpion make an appearance at somepoint.... although im satisfied with Lizard and Proto-goblin

#11 Posted by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio
@gammasan55 said:
" @Deadcool: while that would be nice, but this isn't Ultimate Spider-Man, just Spider-Man. "
...I don't understand why they can't use Ultimate Green Goblin?...
No one knows Who proto-goblin is, he never appearen in a cartoon, and he hasn't appeared in comics since his first appearence.
And also currently I have seen more elements from the Ultimate Universe than the 616 in the most recent Marvel movies.
#12 Posted by G Bird (1280 posts) - - Show Bio
@Larkin1388 said:
" I'd like to see Kraven and Scorpion make an appearance at somepoint.... although im satisfied with Lizard and Proto-goblin "
Kraven would be insanely awesome! Maybe we'll get to see him in the second movie? I would want them to follow The Last Hunt storyline and include Vermin in there because he's a favorite of mine and that's a great story.
#13 Posted by gammasan55 (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool:  the movies are their own universe so what they look like doesn't really matter. Sure Fury and Cap look more like the Ultimate universe, but Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor are straight out of the main universe
#14 Edited by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio
@gammasan55 said:

" @Deadcool:  the movies are their own universe so what they look like doesn't really matter. Sure Fury and Cap look more like the Ultimate universe, but Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor are straight out of the main universe "

Yeah, but have structural elements and physical elements from both, currently I see more elements from Ultimate than 616.
Thor is physically like Ultimate, but has the same punishment as 616, but there is not Dr. Blake like Ultimate, but has the suit from his current 616.
Iron Man is his own thing, different to both but at the same time related.
Hulk seems to be like 616 (green), but he became the Hulk as a Supersoldier just like Ultimate.
The Captain America is both too, his story, suit and relationships seem to be from Ultimate, but the villains are from 616.
The Avengers origin is like Ultimates' and Avengers' (616).
And that Nick is from the Ultimate Universe.

Edit: And the Cosmic Cube is created by humans just like Ultimate, In the movie is Hydra, in Ultimate is AIM.
#15 Posted by gammasan55 (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool: hulk is gamma, not super soldier. Also it doesn't matter because it is it's own universe. And the advantage to having Proto-goblin which what started us on this little adventure is that he came before Green Goblin. Basically what they're doing is setting up proto-goblin as a failure in the first movie so that Green Goblin can be in the second one, also if you look at proto-goblin he looks more along the lines of ultimate green goblin and not 616 goblin. SO you could get your wish, just not in the first movie
#16 Edited by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio
@gammasan55 said:

" @Deadcool: 1)hulk is gamma, not super soldier. Also it doesn't matter because it is it's own universe. And the advantage to having Proto-goblin which what started us on this little adventure is that he came before Green Goblin. Basically what they're doing is setting up proto-goblin as a failure in the first movie so that Green Goblin can be in the second one, also if you look at proto-goblin he looks more along the lines of ultimate green goblin and not 616 goblin. 2)SO you could get your wish, just not in the first movie "

1. Really? I didn't watched the sedond movie of hulk, Ithought he was because a comic I read as a continuation of the movies, Nick called Banner Super soldier.
  2. =) this pleases me
#17 Edited by Icon (2107 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:

" @gammasan55 said:

" @Deadcool: while that would be nice, but this isn't Ultimate Spider-Man, just Spider-Man. "
...I don't understand why they can't use Ultimate Green Goblin?... No one knows Who proto-goblin is, he never appearen in a cartoon, and he hasn't appeared in comics since his first appearence. "
I think the Proto-Goblin is just the first step. My guess is that they are setting up the Green Goblin (and death of the Stacey's) for sequels, as opposed to doing everything in one film. If you read up on Van Adder you'll see he was a test subject who led to the creation of the Goblin later on. Also, Captain Stacey, who is a major character in the up-coming film, is a part of Van Adder's history. It all connects.
#18 Posted by gammasan55 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Fury probably meant super soldier in so far as it can make a soldier super. The abomination actually got a super soldier serum, not the one they used on Cap, and that eventually mutated him from maladjusted soldier to a maladjusted monster lol.
2) Happy to help on that front

#19 Posted by gammasan55 (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon:  didn't know about the Stacey connection, but i did mention proto-goblin to green goblin already. Thanks for the new information though!
#20 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard was confirmed a while back.

#21 Posted by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon said:
I think the Proto-Goblin is just the first step. My guess is that they are setting up the Green Goblin (and death of the Stacey's) for sequels, as opposed to doing everything in one film. If you read up on Van Adder you'll see he was a test subject who led to the creation of the Goblin later on. Also, Captain Stacey, who is a major character in the up-coming film, is a part of Van Adder's history. It all connects. "
That seems interesting, then the Cap. Stacy could be more much important than I thought, THX.

@gammasan55 said:
" 1) Fury probably meant super soldier in so far as it can make a soldier super. The abomination actually got a super soldier serum, not the one they used on Cap, and that eventually mutated him from maladjusted soldier to a maladjusted monster lol.
2) Happy to help on that front "
  1. Well he actually said:
#22 Posted by Spides69 (16 posts) - - Show Bio
@Larkin1388 said:
"I'd like to see Kraven and Scorpion make an appearance at somepoint.... although im satisfied with Lizard and Proto-goblin "

I wanna see the Black cat

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.