Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

how did spider-man lose his powers in spider-man 2?

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

after re watching the movie, I have no idea how peter lost his powers.

can anyone help?

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks in advance

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
    SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I believe it was because he started to lose confidence in himself. The counselor explained it to him I think. Also, use Google search next time. I don`t think this is enough for a forum.

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe it was because he started to lose confidence in himself. The counselor explained it to him I think. Also, use Google search next time. I don`t think this is enough for a forum.

thanks, i will next time

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By angelalfonso

it had to do with him losing confidence on himself, but it didn't made sense that he had to wear glasses again or that he loose his strength, the two thing that were not "mentally" controlled.

Also what kind of cheap doctor he went to see that didn't realize that Peter's blood was genetically altered

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it had to do with him losing confidence on himself, but it didn't made sense that he had to wear glasses again or that he loose his strength, the two thing that were not "mentally" controlled.

Also what kind of cheap doctor he went to see that didn't realize that Peter's blood was genetically altered

i think the doctor didn't do a blood test

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shawnbaby

AmazingSpiderman15 marked this as the best answer

It was a psychological block. It was partly caused by lack of confidence...but also because he resented that being Spider-Man meant he couldn't live a normal life. He never actually lost his powers...but he kind of sub-conciously shut them off. Much the same way Trauma victims will forget their experiences. That's why as soon as he accepted that Spider-Man was needed he regained the use of his abilities

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.