How Bad is the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon?

#1 Posted by DaemonTheDemon (105 posts) - - Show Bio

It's getting an overwhelming negative response from fans, and yet marvel is saying people are loving it.

Which one is true? Help me out my friends.

#3 Posted by SoA (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

i was on netflix and saw the episode descriptions, when one episode mentioned doc ock was responsible for venom existing i made my decision . i am SoA and i am part of the overwhelming negative response.

#4 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4731 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like watching iCarly, only everyone has powers.

#5 Posted by Lvenger (19870 posts) - - Show Bio

It's even more disrespectful to Spider-Man than how some people claim Ock taking over Peter's body is disrespectful to Spider-Man. It's that appalling IMO.

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

It's even more disrespectful to Spider-Man than how some people claim Ock taking over Peter's body is disrespectful to Spider-Man. It's that appalling IMO.

#7 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of changes to the comic stuff but it doesn't suck.

#8 Posted by jon_n7 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

it's not that bad. The thing is that it's not a serious show like, young justice, for example. The only thing that I don't like is that Drake Bell plays the voice. I feel like if he wasn't the voice it would have a real different vibe. Also, the continuity is different for the most part. It's a show to watch for fun and see some of your favorite characters on TV.

#9 Posted by Pyrogram (38286 posts) - - Show Bio

It is horrible.

#10 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

Weird Drake Bell is the only thing I like, and the art is good

#11 Edited by SonOfBatman25 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Its actually pretty funny doesnt follow the comics but it is entertaining and fun just gve it a try

#12 Posted by Farkam (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it so f*cking boring it hurts my brain.

#13 Posted by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I've watched like the first 5 episodes and its decent. The dialogue is atrocious and very immature. But the art is good and I like the roster (Iron Fist and Luke Cage? Heck yes)

You're not gonna go fanboy over it like Young Justice, but its a good show to put on in the background while you're doing other things.

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (42201 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad.

#15 Edited by FearTheLiving (3090 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't think it's that bad the animation is awesome and the voice talent is pretty good. I just think people give it a hard time because of how much they liked Spectacular Spider-man. Of course I don't blame people for that, I still haven't watched any of the new Avengers show because of how much I liked AEMH and I feel no matter what I'd be disappointed in it.

EDIT: Oh and look this topic was made a year ago..

#16 Edited by Darling_Luna (4128 posts) - - Show Bio

It's then Teen Titans version of Spiderman, make of it what you will.

#17 Posted by NighThunder (3900 posts) - - Show Bio

It's then Teen Titans version of Spiderman, make of it what you will.

Basically

Its not terrible, it just doesn't really fallow the comics. But its good if you like comedy.

#18 Posted by PantyPolice (399 posts) - - Show Bio

@jon_n7 said:

it's not that bad. The thing is that it's not a serious show like, young justice, for example. The only thing that I don't like is that Drake Bell plays the voice. I feel like if he wasn't the voice it would have a real different vibe. Also, the continuity is different for the most part. It's a show to watch for fun and see some of your favorite characters on TV.

Drake Bell is awesome. The guy trashes Justin Bieber all the time on twitter :D

#19 Posted by Magnetic_Eye (262 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's cringe worthy bad, absolutely terrible but my 5 year old son likes it.

#20 Posted by I_NEED_A_HORSE (100 posts) - - Show Bio

The show is so sh!t, what makes it even worse is that they actually replaced spectacular with that and spectacular was an incredible show.

#21 Edited by TehStranger (836 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only seen one episode (the one with Deadpool) and from what I saw it looks really awful.

#22 Posted by AmazingSpiderman15 (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only seen one episode (the one with Deadpool) and from what I saw it looks really awful.

the deadpool episode was the best out all of them because this show is meant for deadpool not spider-man.

#23 Posted by MasterDetective (832 posts) - - Show Bio

it's awesome

#24 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite episode is the one when son invades Pete's mind and makes him confront Uncle Ben. He dealt with the consequences of what happened when he first got his powers, and the whole scene was heartwarming.

#25 Posted by comicace3 (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

like it.... don't ha it. Love some of the humor.

#26 Edited by segamarvel (620 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. Look at that! I haven't seen Spidey do a train strength feat except in the comics. This is without a doubt the strongest animated version of spidey I have ever seen. It must be the closest marvel has ever come to showing off Spidey's strength closest to his comicbook counterpart.

#27 Posted by AmazingSpiderman15 (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. Look at that! I haven't seen Spidey do a train strength feat except in the comics. This is without a doubt the strongest animated version of spidey I have ever seen. It must be the closest marvel has ever come to showing off Spidey's strength closest to his comicbook counterpart.

didn't he lift a train in avengers emh

#28 Edited by Spideysense44 (3456 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather watch the Jacksonville Jaguars play than watch Ultimate Spiderman

#29 Posted by segamarvel (620 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by AmazingSpiderman15 (1144 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by Jack_ (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a good show IMO. But hey, it's for little kids :)

#32 Posted by segamarvel (620 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingspiderman15: I don't know how much weight that was... it wasn't a train, it was the roof of the tunnel (Which must weigh a lot but I don't know how much)

#33 Edited by dagmar_merrill (8563 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty bad.

#34 Posted by acer51 (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

@segamarvel said:

@amazingspiderman15: Did he? Can I have a link to the episode?

http://www.nowvideo.sx/video/yk50jf8wdtxze

That was one of the last episodes they ever made for that series and in my opinion one of the greatest. It's also testimony that Jake Bells voice over is not the reason the Ultimate show isn't true to form. A good voice-over can mean a lot but when it comes down to it it's all about the acting.

It's a close between Spectacular and EMH but in my opinion EMH was the greatest cartoon Marvel ever made.

#35 Posted by AmazingSpiderman15 (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:
@amazingspiderman15 said:

@segamarvel said:

@amazingspiderman15: Did he? Can I have a link to the episode?

http://www.nowvideo.sx/video/yk50jf8wdtxze

That was one of the last episodes they ever made for that series and in my opinion one of the greatest. It's also testimony that Jake Bells voice over is not the reason the Ultimate show isn't true to form. A good voice-over can mean a lot but when it comes down to it it's all about the acting.

It's a close between Spectacular and EMH but in my opinion EMH was the greatest cartoon Marvel ever made.

i agree emh was and still is way better then any marvel animated series we have now

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.