Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17251 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Heroes you want to see in Sony's Universe?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Okay so we all know Sony is trying to make a cinematic universe around Spider-Man, and to be fair they can. He has a rich history, most if not all, of his most well known and greatest stories are not dependent on the rest of the Marvel Universe existing, and there are a number of supporting characters who ARE superheroes directly tied to him so that they could form a fully realized superhero universe based around him. Characters like Anya Corazon AKA Arana and current Spider-Girl

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Personally if Sony does get to her, I'd hope they keep the look of her Arana costume. I just prefer it more, it has more personality than being a Julia Carpenter/Arachne costume knock-off.

There's also The Prowler

No Caption Provided

While originally a villain, he did end up becoming a superhero later on. Also, his mechanical suit practically mimics Spider-Man's wall crawling powers and their mask designs are somewhat similar, mostly around the eyes, so it wouldn't be that hard to work in that he was inspired by Spider-Man and tried to mimic his powers with his inventions.

There's also the Slingers

No Caption Provided

A team of young heroes who were inspired by Spider-Man and banded together to fight crime. How they get their powers can be sorted out later, but the point is it's a superhero team who has Spider-Man to thank for their creation since without him they wouldn't have even thought about becoming superheroes.

And a character I think has a lot of potential for a film debut is Jackpot

No Caption Provided

Sara Ehret was a pregnant scientist at Phelcorp(A subsidiary of OsCorp) where she worked on gene therapy to cure Parkinson's disease when she was accidentally exposed to "Lot 777". The virus rewrote the DNA in her cells leaving her in a coma for four months. Coming out of her coma, Ehret went on to have her child Madeline with no complications, however when her family came under threat by falling debris she displayed superhuman strength to save them. Sara became Jackpot. However she didn't really want to be, another woman named Alana Jobson, who wanted to become a superhero and had found out Sara was Jackpot. She offered to take the name from her and use it as a way to become famous but ended up dying.

Later, Spider-Man, discovered the truth about Alana and Sara and notified Sara about Alana's death, blaming Sara for evading her responsibilities and allowing the powerless and untrained Alana to go to her doom. Spider-Man told her that people with powers do not have a choice of giving up their responsibilities.Distraught, Sara reclaimed her heroic identity.

Now I think Jackpot has a LOT of potential for a movie. Has a strong connection to OsCorp, which is the big bad superpower factory in the Amazing Spider-Man movie universe already, Spider-Man is actually involved at some point and sets her on the path of becoming a superheroine with his big responsibility speech, and she's in a unique position of being a single parent superhero. I think she could take off in a movie really well.

Now, these are just characters I think need to be used and have a lot of potential for a movie or at least small part in Sony's universe. They're the second stringers, the C-Listers, what have you, but any character can be great if given the opportunity to shine.

So who do YOU guy's wanna see in Sony's Amazing Spider-Man universe?

Sky_Pirate2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sky_Pirate2
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Kaine would be my first choice. They could use him being imperfect, to explain why he doesn't look like Peter. Some might want Ben, but I fear he'd be too similar to Peter (especially, if they wanna do Scarlet Spider films).

I'm assuming they can only use Ultimate Spider-Woman and not mainstream Jessica.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wouldnt mind prowler or black cat

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By silent_bomber

What do Sony actually own? I mean, they don't own Punisher so there must be some kind of clause involved.

Who owns Kingpin? can he appear in both Spider-Man and Daredevil movies?

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silent_bomber: Punisher may have started out as a Spider-Man character, but over the years his ties to Spider-Man have pretty much become non-existent.

Same for Kingpin. Yes he was originally a Spider-Man villain, but over the years he got lumped in with Daredevil and became his archenemy.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

prowler i guess

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Experio

Black Cat.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Well,i don't know if Jess is a Spidey character,but i'd love to see her.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I think she's probably in that area Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are. Marvel CAN use her, but so can Sony. She has Spider- in her name so Sony would probably have rights to her especially considering her Ultimate incarnation was a part of the Ultimate Clone Saga. But her 616 incarnation has a lot of strong ties to The Avengers, SHIELD, and HYDRA. So yeah. After all, if Sony won't let Marvel use the name Spider-Woman then they can always use Jessica's original codename Arachne.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agent Venom

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: I think she's probably in that area Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are. Marvel CAN use her, but so can Sony. She has Spider- in her name so Sony would probably have rights to her especially considering her Ultimate incarnation was a part of the Ultimate Clone Saga. But her 616 incarnation has a lot of strong ties to The Avengers, SHIELD, and HYDRA. So yeah. After all, if Sony won't let Marvel use the name Spider-Woman then they can always use Jessica's original codename Arachne.

Dude,believe me....they won't try to make an Ultimate Jessica.....a female Andrew Garfield.....*heh*...
    So the 616 Jess,especially the Bendis one,is quite the cinematic character....she could hold her own film,just fine.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

Give Kaine a movie all about the other that way his movie origin is different from pete's.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tyger

I'd love to see Tobey Maguire as the Scarlet Spider.

I'd also love to see Silver Sable and the Wild Pack.

Also, I second the Prowler.

Also, I wish Sony & Marvel would co-operate so we can see Cloak & Dagger, and Spider-Man crossing into Hell's Kitchen with the Netflix series.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw these pics in an Annual and thought of this thread

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Shame they didn't do some for Cloak & Dagger or Silver Sable though

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how about scarlet spider

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By silent_bomber

What Spider-Verse heroes am I missing?

No Caption Provided

Also, are there more Black Superheroes in the Spider-Verse than the Avengers?! LOL

No Caption Provided

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Black Panther and Moon Knight. Sony makes better movies then Disney imo

darklordx123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care what they do, all I want to see is a movie about Kaine and Ben Reilly. Maybe have a trilogy, and have Ben die at the end of the second/first one, and have the third one focus on Kaine as the good guy.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NONE. Phony Sony haven't got a clue on how to genuinely make a great Marvel super hero movie. They're too far behind the juggernaut that is Marvel / Disney and they lack the creative experience and character knowledge.

With Sony it's all about having a semblance of Marvel characters combined with sub standard superficial scripts.

Film rights aside, at the end of the day, these are Marvel characters and should really be handled by their rightful owners.

IMO, Sony make crap Spider-Man films.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The Avengers

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By The_Waffle

I want to see a Marvel reboot instead, lol.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cream_God
    No Caption Provided

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like for Marvel to give Sony a few more Movie Rights, in exchange for a little oversight. (IE, part of the creative process to allow 'Sony' movies to interact with 'Marvel Studios' movies and TV.) I think Spider-Man would be a good springboard for New Warriors (old team), Cloak & Dagger, or a new Punisher franchise.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#25  Edited By MatthewParker

I've never even heard of Jackpot, but I would totally watch that movie! I know it would be confusing but a Spider Gwen movie could be cool. Also Silk, Agent Venom, Scarlet Spider, and Spider Girl(which would also be confusing).

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here. It's the only way I'll ever go see a Spider-Man film at the cinema again.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By The_Waffle

@magnetic_eye said:
    @the_waffle said:

Same here. It's the only way I'll ever go see a Spider-Man film at the cinema again.

And it has to star Peter Parker of course, I'd refuse to watch any of that Ultimate Morales, 2099, Clone crap. Just because they can't do a Peter movie properly doesn't mean they should try something radically different, just get it right with Parker.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.