Get Your Hands On All These New Spider-Man Photos And Just Feel Their Texture

• 137 results
Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Call it a new tradition: texture, superhero flicks and Entertainment Weekly coming together every year for the week before Comic Con. You’ll recall that last year’s big SDCC cover story unveiled Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern and all the fluorescent, muscular fibers of his “flight suit.” This year, all the timely attention's lavished on Andrew Garfield and his basketball-textured Spidey costume. SHH has gotten these scans of the new web-slinger below...

While I make comparisons to GREEN LANTERN, I feel like FIRST CLASS is actually the better 2010 analog for this flick. It too, was the fourth installment - - a reboot, no less - - of a licensed Marvel franchise and I truly believe that any naysayers of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN are going to be eating just as much crow come next summer. Marc Webb made a superlative movie with (500) DAYS OF SUMMER and I’m confident his touch is right to finally give Peter Parker’s high school days the proper space and handling.

Don’t get me wrong, I liked what Raimi and Maguire did a lot, but I do think there was some missed potential to show how Spidey operates when he always has to be back home in time for supper. That particular time of his life was so effectively rendered in ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN (and, to dig a little deeper, in UNTOLD TALES OF SPIDER-MAN) that it really would justify a new feature-length picture just to actualize it. Anyway, do these pics make your fashion sense tingle? Could Spidey get any ganglier? Don’t hold back on your thoughts, friends.

#1 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10898 posts) - - Show Bio

I think, from the new pics, the suit, and the actor, look horrible. But thats just my opinion. I'm more pro-toby since I grew up with him as being spiderman

#2 Edited by FoxxFireArt (3545 posts) - - Show Bio

It's an interesting touch with those mesh eyes, but they look as if they would work well enough and be something a person could actually make. The rest not so much, but who really cares? It looks pretty cool and that's what's important.

In that one picture he's posed kind of weird, even for Spider-man. it looks less Spider-man and more interpretive dance.

I know this sound nitpicky, but I'm not too found of that poofy hair. That looks less geek hair and more male model.

#3 Posted by Ultimate_MiracleMan (73 posts) - - Show Bio

These look pretty cool, just not to sure on the mask, still, looks good to me.

#4 Posted by Psykhophear (251 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I can tell, the costume looks outdated. The Sam Raimi one's better.

#5 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah suck it. I'm excited for this. Give me a trailer!

#6 Posted by zmanm407 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I talked smack about First Class and was greatly surprised. 
Hopefully this will be the same situation, with that thought in mind it looks like it has potential. 
That pic farthest to the left reminds me of the Spidey pose in the Marvel Vs. Capcom series.

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14387 posts) - - Show Bio

This doesn't good for me

#8 Posted by Scylla (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Big fan of the Raimi trilogy but have to say it, this looks pretty cool as well.If you think about this as Andrew said, that isn't a replacment but a new chapter, than you'll be much more excited for this movie :D

#9 Posted by Day Hunter (3463 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks ok imho. But I agree with foxxfireart, I don't like the hair, in the cover of the magazine picture it looks almost photoshopped to me. Oh well hopefully the over all picture will be so good I'll forgive and forget lol.

#10 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty cool. I'm sorta warming up to this new look, but I usually love Spider-man costume variations (Mangaverse Spidey, 2099, etc..)

#11 Posted by Redbullet685 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the actor playing Spider-man the guy from The Social Network?

#12 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

not to crazy about it but still got fingers crossed

#13 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

While I think Andrew Garfield will be good as Spidey, I think the mask looks a little wierd. It looks like a costume someone would buy at a fancy-dress shop, not the real thing.

But I still think this movie will be okay.

#14 Posted by 00 Raiser (441 posts) - - Show Bio

You know he actually looks like a young Peter Parker. Maybe there is hope for Spider Man yet.

#15 Posted by Scylla (60 posts) - - Show Bio
@redbullet685: Yep, it is.
#16 Posted by spidey182 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the suit, it seems more like something a high school student would make compared to the Sam Raimi suit, and Andrew Garfield is an awesome actor. i have faith in this film.

#17 Posted by thechessclub (497 posts) - - Show Bio

Soooooo...she looks like a Barbie doll...that's not a good thing. I <3 the costume though=D

#18 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

The spider symbol looks really trippy.

#19 Posted by spidershamrock (1002 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont like the costume its just too weird and different, please havee regular costume in the movie at some stage

#20 Posted by Rdhg (19 posts) - - Show Bio

something about that mask just looks off....

#21 Posted by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks so...textureful

#22 Posted by Aiden Cross (15556 posts) - - Show Bio
@FoxxFireArt said:
It's an interesting touch with those mesh eyes, but they look as if they would work well enough and be something a person could actually make. .

I don’t know, I think its easier to just push out the glass of your sunglasses and make eyes with that than with that mesh. Plus you can probably see more :P

#23 Posted by Biondello (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, I'm not so sure about the basketball texture, but that is a small peeve. 

#24 Posted by Sammo21 (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey is still my number one hero, but these screens kind of worry me a tad...especially when I hear the director and people on the film say they are going for a more realistic movie? Eh, we are talking about a guy who web slings in tights here, people! The shape of the head/mask seems a little weird, but I'm not digging the fact you can see eyes unders it. Of course, what the costume looks like in stills and what it will look like in the movie are usually 2 different things.

#25 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm being hopeful! I like the very Spidey pose in the first image, that is awesome, actually.

#26 Posted by War Killer (19851 posts) - - Show Bio

EPIC!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!! ^___^

#27 Edited by cmaprice (808 posts) - - Show Bio
(500) Days of Summer was a better film than Raimi's ever directed (and yes, I've seen all of his feature work apart from Crimewave,  of which I have 8 on DVD.) Sure, Webb is relatively new to features and the action genre, but so far I dig the casting and most of the photos I've seen. The Raimi trilogy boasted some great villain/supporting role portrayals, but that's it for me. Apart from brilliant performances from Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina, JK Simmons, and Bruce Campbell, the entire franchise was completely flat for me. Writing, acting, melodrama, unfunny comedy, MJ being turned into a weak, bland victim-bait to move the plot forward, and the infamous musical number-- all of it. Decent at its best moments, Ghost Rider level bad at its worst.

Not expecting the new film to redefine the genre, but hoping it'll put things on the right track, or otherwise derails so Marvel's more likely to be able to buy out of their Sony contract and bring the webslinger into the Avengers movieverse.
#28 Posted by Moncole (110 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like a better Peter Parker than the other guy 

#29 Posted by GTG12 (1572 posts) - - Show Bio

I like tobey and his costume better.
#30 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

the only real thing i wasnt on board for was Emma stone as Gwen, but in the above pic, she looks eerily similar to the comic portrayal

#31 Posted by Black_Lantern_Bison22 (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rdhg said:
I agree, the shape is off.
The first pic of the pose really gets to me because of how artificial the pose looks. It looks like someone pretending to be Spriderman instead of the actual guy. He looks like he's trying to hard to hit the iconic pose instead of just doing it naturally and letting it flow.
#32 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

Still not impressed with the complete reboot nature of this however having seen filming pics before and with these now it undoubtedly looks promising

#33 Posted by Samimista (20569 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew Garfield looks more to me like Robert Pattinson or whatever his name is rather than Peter Parker.

#34 Posted by Omertalvendetta (395 posts) - - Show Bio

This is bothering me already... Gwen Stacy would never take a picture with an unmasked Peter Parker... she is not supposed to know who he is... rubbish. :P

#35 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

His head looks like a basketball
#36 Posted by JDevil (56 posts) - - Show Bio
@Black_Lantern_Bison22 said:
@Rdhg said:
I agree, the shape is off. The first pic of the pose really gets to me because of how artificial the pose looks. It looks like someone pretending to be Spriderman instead of the actual guy. He looks like he's trying to hard to hit the iconic pose instead of just doing it naturally and letting it flow.
I noticed the shape too, it looks elongated and alien like. 
#37 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4689 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything will be better than those horrible Toby Maguire films. They were too campy.

#38 Posted by imaginaryman (198 posts) - - Show Bio

the shape of the head seems kinda off doesn't it, plus is it just me or do emma stone's eyes look really wide in the third picture?

#39 Posted by spaceboy (201 posts) - - Show Bio

Not feeling this.

#40 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

- He's Spalding-man not Spiderman
- He looks like 70's japanese film
-  Emma Stone is so beauty :p

#41 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good VERY GOOD
#42 Posted by cincyducksfan35 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Flop flop flop

#43 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it

#44 Posted by sora_thekey (8149 posts) - - Show Bio

@FoxxFireArt said:

I know this sound nitpicky, but I'm not too found of that poofy hair. That looks less geek hair and more male model.

Yeah! I was thinking the exact same thing. Other than that I like the updated Spider-Man suit!

@redbullet685: Yes.

I am actually surprised that Emma Stone looks like Gwen! She has that innocence that she usually doesn't have in her other movies. I am excited for this movie now!

#45 Posted by Wingfoot (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi ! 

The new Spider-Man looks like his Ultimate version. And Gwen looks like... Gwen. Fine. So, what about the story ? Will we have a new Green Goblin again because of the fans ? Will uncle Ben again say his line about power and responsability after a schoolfight or something in a manner also stupid and inapropriate ? Will other characters like Flash, Robbie, Betty be also that useless ?
Geez, what a suspense... 

Hihane washte.
#46 Posted by ferpuerto17 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see it, but i don't know why they would go back. I mean they did the origins thing of his story on the first one. 
Besides every time they go back they screw stuff up

#47 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Garfield actually looks like Peter Parker and I like the suit alot. My only problem is for some reason the mask looks so weird to me.

#48 Posted by I_Am_Dark (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Still need to see it in action before making my final decision. Also, we haven't exactly seen what the Lizard is going to look like yet (Probably something similar to what Chris Nolan's Killer Croc would look like, except with a tail).
#49 Posted by jack16ichigo (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Im still going to go see it but i don't like the costume its those little thing that bother me like the webbing on the costume and how the belt doesn't connect with the rest.

#50 Posted by BooDoug187 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rdhg said:

Like he made the mask out of a deflated basketball or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.