Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Garfield's interpretation of Spider-Man

• 154 results
    Avatar image for panic_at_the_doki
    Panic_at_the_doki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Andrew Garfield was a better Spidey. Especially since all of the Marvel movies are going with the "Ultimate" based themes. As for him being called the "Amazing Spider-Man," I think it's just a title, really. I mean, the Avengers was based on Ultimate, and they weren't called "The Ultimates." Andrew Garfield's Peter was what kids today, much like ultimate Peter Parker. Tobey's Peter was just...I never see anyone act like him. ANYONE. Well, for his time I guess he was good. A lot of things in the movie came from Ultimate Spider-Man, but it also had a hint of 616. Hence why Gwen Stacy his portraying his first "true love".

No Caption Provided

As for people saying he was a douche: Well, he was a douche in Ultimate.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@pyrogram said:

He is a douche, hipster, rubbish spider-man. Good actor as a teenager albeit hipster, I did not like him as spider-man PERSONALLY. But he is a good actor, I hope he goes far.

I think he acted to stereotypical Emo/hipster to be peter Parker. I really hated that.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mewmdude77: Then he squandered it in Spider Man 3 with the dancing sequence.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By w0nd

I don't know what people's definition of "emo" is in this day and age lol...seems like they just throw words out there. As for the "dickish" attitude in the movie, that comic strip sums it up. I wish I could recall the posts people complained he was out of character and show them that image lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.