Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Garfield's interpretation of Spider-Man

• 154 results
    wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By wr3h

@Pyrogram said:

@wr3h:

That's a nice truck you have there Pyro...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By PunyParker

@Pyrogram said:

Thor after 3 years without work-out....

@Pyrogram said:

@PunyParker: ow woah, I read batman, im gona be batman...

Just sayin'.....this doesnt mean anything...

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Pyrogram

@wr3h:

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Pyrogram

@PunyParker: He is reading thanos... seriously. He is only reading.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By wr3h

@Pyrogram said:

@PunyParker: He is reading thanos... seriously. He is only reading.

-coughsothatheknowswhattodoinAvengers2cough-

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By PunyParker

@Pyrogram: I read that he was called by Marvel and they gave em these.....put some colour in your life!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Pyrogram

@PunyParker: Colour in my life? I am perfectly fine by the way. conspiracy....conspiracy.. I bet you believe we did not land on the moon either.

Im just playing. I get what your saying.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By PunyParker

@Pyrogram said:

@PunyParker: Colour in my life? I am perfectly fine by the way. conspiracy....conspiracy.. I bet you believe we did not land on the moon either.

Im just playing. I get what your saying.

Whoa whoa there tiger!!

I didnt intend to insault you in any way....relax.....i just wanted to say that if they gave him these comics maybe there is a possibillity...."maybe"....enthusiastic reaction its called....

(you have something with me....you're talking rough with me in the previous posts too....i very much like you btw :) we are all friends in here!! )

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Pyrogram

@PunyParker: dude its fine, I was joking :D

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By PunyParker

@Pyrogram said:

@PunyParker: dude its fine, I was joking :D

NNNNNO.....I am now mad at you!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Pyrogram

@PunyParker:

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By PunyParker

@Pyrogram:

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By wr3h

@PunyParker said:

@Pyrogram:

@Pyrogram said:

@PunyParker:

>>

<<

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Pyrogram

@wr3h: and that means?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By Deranged Midget

I can understand most people's confusion or distate for Garfield's interpretation of Peter in the film. But you have to understand what the filmakers were aiming for. They were trying to re-invent Peter/Spider-Man for a modern era, this era and in today's world, the representation of "nerd/geek" is different than what is was 50 years ago. Having said that, I'd say the portrayal was extremely well done.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By wr3h

@Deranged Midget said:

I can understand most people's confusion or distate for Garfield's interpretation of Peter in the film. But you have to understand what the filmakers were aiming for. They were trying to re-invent Peter/Spider-Man for a modern era, this era and in today's world, the representation of "nerd/geek" is different than what is was 50 years ago. Having said that, I'd say the portrayal was extremely well done.

this.

Also

@Pyrogram said:

@wr3h: and that means?

I ain't involved in this.

:D

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Pyrogram

@wr3h: show me a geek who acts like Garfield. I will give you money if you do.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By wr3h

@Pyrogram said:

@wr3h: show me a geek who acts like Garfield. I will give you money if you do.

:I

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Pyrogram said:

show me a geek who acts like Garfield. I will give you money if you do.

Seriously mate? How is Peter different than the majority of high school students in today's era? He's quiet, held off, quirky and has a hobby like skateboarding -- which most kids take up around that age. Disregarding his scientific brilliance and Spider-powers, he isn't all too different.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Pyrogram

@Deranged Midget: But peter is not normal is he? I don't know more than 1 or 2 teens who are quiet, held off, quirky or like skateboarding, that's a stereotype. And Garfield was not more than 50% of those things apart from quirky and skateboard liker.

Definition of a geek-

An unfashionable or socially inept person.

Nope, he was fashionable, good looking, brilliant confidence. He is NOT peter Parker.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Pyrogram said:

@Deranged Midget: But peter is not normal is he? I don't know more than 1 or 2 teens who are quiet, held off, quirky or like skateboarding, that's a stereotype. And Garfield was not more than 50% of those things apart from quirky and skateboard liker.

Definition of a geek-

An unfashionable or socially inept person.

Nope, he was fashionable, good looking, brilliant confidence. He is NOT peter Parker.

Sorry mate, but I can't take what you are saying seriously right now. That definition is so outdated it's ridiculous and in modern times, geeks/nerds are completely different than what they were when Peter was first introduced as a geek/nerd.

A stereotype? Walk into a high school, I can guarantee that more than 50% of the teens you see are extremely shy, quiet and keep to themselves and their "cliques". Most teens do not exude confidence, most of them do have their own hobbies; video games, skateboarding, trading cards -- whatever it may be and I can vouch for that because I was like that in high school, as were a LOT of my friends.

Peter was quiet, he sat in the back of the class, never talked to anyone. He kept to himself, almost shunned by everyone else. Where did he exude "brilliant" confidence? He stuttered in front of everyone he talked to, he could barely put together a sentence when talking to Gwen. Sure, he was good looking, but are you saying that every geek/nerd has to be hideous?

You seem to refuse to accept that times are different and that the definition of what a "nerd/geek" was fifty years ago is incomparable in today's standards. Clothing styles are completely different, you won't find many people tucking in their polo's, having taped up glasses or whatever the stereotype used to be for a nerd.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Pyrogram

@Deranged Midget: All of your post is based on assumptions and stereotypes. He asked out the best looking girl in the school without even knowing her, his un-confidence kills me. Not.

I go into a school everyday, and nope, I see probably less than 10 people like you say. I can recall one child called chris, that's about it. and what if the times have changed? in that case peter should have been a spotty, 0 confidence , fat and video-gamer not a skateboarder type person. IT IS RIDICULOUS WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. this convo about 50 years if nonsense.

It's like saying , lets give batman a gun as you know, nobody uses H2H anymore... Or lets just give Thor a gun, as hammers are so old school.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Pyrogram said:

@Deranged Midget: All of your post is based on assumptions and stereotypes. He asked out the best looking girl in the school without even knowing her, his un-confidence kills me. Not.

I go into a school everyday, and nope, I see probably less than 10 people like you say. I can recall one child called chris, that's about it. and what if the times have changed? in that case peter should have been a spotty, 0 confidence , fat and video-gamer not a skateboarder type person. IT IS RIDICULOUS WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. this convo about 50 years if nonsense.

It's like saying , lets give batman a gun as you know, nobody uses H2H anymore... Or lets just give Thor a gun, as hammers are so old school.

Asking out the best looking girl? She was good looking and considering her to be the "best looking" is subjective mate. And if you really think that he had "insane" confidence by taking an entire minute of stuttering to even try to say something to her and forcing her to act on it, then I can't really take you seriously for that.

I've been in high school, I know how people acted, I was one of those "nerds/geeks". How is differentiating the times nonsense? People acted differently in the 60's than they do now, it's painfully obvious, especially with the way people dress, talk, etc. Things are now more accepted than they once were. Comics for example, or video games.

You're assumption for how geeks/nerds should appear is amusing. I consider myself a geek but I'm not fat, nor do I lack confidence and I play video games religiously, I have skateboarded in my life and I adore comics. You are stereo-typing to the worst degree and in most regards, it's offensive.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Pyrogram

@Deranged Midget: You cant take ME seriously, Show me a nerd even having the guts to talk to ( one of ) the best looking girls in the school.

You call me offensive? I could flag you for offending me with your " then I can't really take you seriously for that." If I was offended easily.

You can talk about your a nerd all you like, the fact is, your making excuses for Garfield not acting like PETER PARKER. He is not acting a modern kid, he is acting Parker, and Parker does NOT act like that.

And i'm stereotyping am I, tell me again how you said this

"A stereotype? Walk into a high school, I can guarantee that more than 50% of the teens you see are extremely shy, quiet and keep to themselves and their "cliques". Most teens do not exude confidence"

The fact is you probably went to some weird place, if 50% of your teen's are as you described, they really really need to see help, seriously. Modern teens are probably the opposite of what you described, I see them everyday...

Again you are going off the topic, Why is it acceptable to change Peter as times change? No other hero is changed for that reason alone as you are insinuating. Its an excuse.

Refer to my PM to you.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Pyrogram said:

@Deranged Midget: You cant take ME seriously, Show me a nerd even having the guts to talk to ( one of ) the best looking girls in the school.

You call me offensive? I could flag you for offending me with your " then I can't really take you seriously for that." If I was offended easily.

Where are you basing your definition of nerd from? Why must a nerd be the most insecure child on the planet? Why do you think a nerd has to dress terribly? That's a stereotype mate. I meant no disrespect mate, but a lot of your opinions on what a nerd is or should be is outdated.

You can talk about your a nerd all you like, the fact is, your making excuses for Garfield not acting like PETER PARKER. He is not acting a modern kid, he is acting Parker, and Parker does NOT act like that.

I'm not making excuses for anything, I'm just trying to state that in modern times, things ARE different, whether you want to accept it or not. Fashion is different, hobbies are different, people are different. The Amazing Spider-Man was paying homage to the classic but in a sense, modernizing the tale for future generations. What kids today will grow up with is completely different than what people grew up decades ago.

"A stereotype? Walk into a high school, I can guarantee that more than 50% of the teens you see are extremely shy, quiet and keep to themselves and their "cliques". Most teens do not exude confidence"

The fact is you probably went to some weird place, if 50% of your teen's are as you described, they really really need to see help, seriously. Modern teens are probably the opposite of what you described, I see them everyday...

Some weird place? No, I went to high school. Sure, some teens gain confidence as they become comfortable with their surroundings and the people they hang out with. But throw them into a group of strangers and you'll hear crickets chirping. Young teens are a nervous, shy bunch. Not of all them sure, but I never stated that all of them were. I find it very hard to believe that you've only seen "1 or 2 people" acting shy, quiet or kept to themselves.

Again you are going off the topic, Why is it acceptable to change Peter as times change? No other hero is changed for that reason alone as you are insinuating. Its an excuse.

Why is it acceptable? So kids can relate to the character. Parker as he is now is no longer a teen, he is a fully grown adult, a rich adult and a good looking one at that. How can you expect kids to relate to that? So, in turn, they decided to take him back to his roots in TASM and modernize him. Instead of having him wear stereotypical "nerd" clothing, he's dressed as most kids would in this day and age. Baggy sweaters, jeans, skate shoes, etc.

No other hero is changed as Peter was because no other hero has had that same impact. You think people relate themselves with Bruce Wayne or Superman? No, because people aren't billionaires, they aren't near invincible aliens from another planet. Most people are struggling with their day-to-day lives, with relationships, with money, with school and Peter is relatable in that sense -- minus the super-powers.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Pyrogram

@Deranged Midget:Edited out.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By wr3h

@Pyrogram said:

Refer to my PM to you.

-attempts to restrain Pyro down-

Stop arguing with a mod!

They're like the gods of comic-vine!

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Deranged Midget

@wr3h: Lol, there's nothing wrong with some discussion mate. I'm not going to ban him for having a different opinion.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By wr3h

@Deranged Midget: You can never be too careful though.

>>

<<

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Pyrogram

@wr3h: What he said. You only get banned really if you are flagged for breaking the rules,

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By PunyParker

@wr3h said:

Stop arguing with a mod!

They're like the gods of comic-vine!

Why to ban him man!!??....(it was just an excuse to put a Andrew Garfield gif!!)

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By wr3h

@PunyParker: hahaha

That laugh.

If I'm banned.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By PunyParker

@wr3h said:

That laugh.

If I'm banned.

If you get banned.....get ready for war!

(HAHA I CAN DO THIS AAAAAALL DAY!!!)

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By wr3h

@PunyParker said:

@wr3h said:

That laugh.

If I'm banned.

If you get banned.....get ready for war!

(HAHA I CAN DO THIS AAAAAALL DAY!!!)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Pyrogram

@wr3h:

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#86  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Since when did "Hipster" become the new "Emo"? Seriously you guys have robbed the term of any meaning. All it means now is "someone I don't like because they like different stuff than me"

Seriously. Use the f**king terms right.

Peter was neither a hipster nor an emo. He was just a super-nerd with a few hundred weird-ass quirks who dressed shockingly well.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By PunyParker

@Pyrogram:

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Pyrogram

@PunyParker:

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Pyrogram

@InnerVenom123: elaborate on the quirks apart from a stutter?

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By wr3h

@PunyParker said:

@Pyrogram:

-towards Pyrogram-

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Pyrogram

@wr3h:

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By PunyParker

@wr3h said:

@PunyParker said:

@Pyrogram:

-towards Pyrogram-

@Pyrogram said:

@PunyParker:

Yes mister...

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Pyrogram

@PunyParker: What I thought. PunyPerson.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By wr3h

@Pyrogram said:

@wr3h:

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Pyrogram

@wr3h:

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#96  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Pyrogram: I'd say writing complex equations on a skateboard and pretty much any other thing he did was quirky. I probably got the term wrong and you may now revel in the irony.

Commence reveling.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Pyrogram

@InnerVenom123: That's called being Uber smart. And I wont be a **** and revel in anything.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By PunyParker

@Pyrogram said:

@PunyParker: What I thought. PunyP

erson.
    Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Pyrogram

@PunyParker:

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By wr3h

@PunyParker said:

@Pyrogram said:

@PunyParker: What I thought. PunyP

erson.

@Pyrogram said:

@PunyParker:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.