Garfield's interpretation of Spider-Man

  • 154 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#1 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Similar to 's post

http://www.comicvine.com/thor/29-2268/thor-in-the-movies-and-depiction/92-722726/?

Personally I felt that he nailed the role.

You guys?

#2 Edited by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a douche, hipster, rubbish spider-man. Good actor as a teenager albeit hipster, I did not like him as spider-man PERSONALLY. But he is a good actor, I hope he goes far.

I think he acted to stereotypical Emo/hipster to be peter Parker. I really hated that.

#3 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

He is a douche, hipster, rubbish spider-man. Good actor as a teenager albeit hipster, I did not like him as spider-man PERSONALLY. But he is a good actor, I hope he goes far.

I think he acted to stereotypical Emo/hipster to be peter Parker. I really hated that.

LMAO Pyro.

I see what you did there.

#4 Posted by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: You know my opinion on this movie. Meh, it was better than Ghost Rider I guess.

#5 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@wr3h: You know my opinion on this movie. Meh, it was better than Ghost Rider I guess.

/Anything/ would be.

-shudders-

#6 Edited by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: well, they are the same universe. So I guess that's why they both sucked.

#7 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@wr3h: well, they are the same universe. So I guess that's why they both sucked.

>:I

Shaddup.

#8 Posted by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h:

#9 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram:

#10 Posted by mewmdude77 (960 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he did a good job as Spider-Man, he had the humor down pretty well, but I really didn't like him as Peter Parker.

@Pyrogram said:

He is a douche, hipster, rubbish spider-man. Good actor as a teenager albeit hipster, I did not like him as spider-man PERSONALLY. But he is a good actor, I hope he goes far.

I think he acted to stereotypical Emo/hipster to be peter Parker. I really hated that.

^Pretty much this. Peter Parker is not a punk. Peter is a good guy, he doesn't steal things (the webbing and the ID badge he stole), in the movie he didn't go try to make money from his powers by wrestling or going on TV, he disobeyed what George Stacy asked him near the end of the movie, and he didn't even go after the criminal that killed his uncle for that long. Tobey was the better Peter Parker. Tobey had the emotion, the spirit, and the determination of Peter Parker.

#11 Posted by TheCannon (19435 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't care for him. It's not that he did the role bad, but the role was not written as Peter Parker/Spider-man.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35065 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when did "Hipster" become the new "Emo"? Seriously you guys have robbed the term of any meaning. All it means now is "someone I don't like because they like different stuff than me"

#13 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought he played the role great, bringing Spider-Man back to his high school roots. In my opinion, I thought he portrayed a modern Peter Parker very well.

#14 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

imo he was a better spiderman than tobey

#15 Posted by logy5000 (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Tobey Maguire was better for Peter Parker. Garfield was in a better movie though.

#16 Edited by Kurpaul (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77 said:

I think he did a good job as Spider-Man, he had the humor down pretty well, but I really didn't like him as Peter Parker.

@Pyrogram said:

He is a douche, hipster, rubbish spider-man. Good actor as a teenager albeit hipster, I did not like him as spider-man PERSONALLY. But he is a good actor, I hope he goes far.

I think he acted to stereotypical Emo/hipster to be peter Parker. I really hated that.

^Pretty much this. Peter Parker is not a punk. Peter is a good guy, he doesn't steal things (the webbing and the ID badge he stole), in the movie he didn't go try to make money from his powers by wrestling or going on TV, he disobeyed what George Stacy asked him near the end of the movie, and he didn't even go after the criminal that killed his uncle for that long. Tobey was the better Peter Parker. Tobey had the emotion, the spirit, and the determination of Peter Parker.

I thought he stole the web cartridges too, until the scene where he is making the web shooters. There is a box on his desk that says Oscorp, contains 24 units, which I would assume is the web cartridges..

#17 Edited by Kurpaul (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

I thought he played the role great, bringing Spider-Man back to his high school roots. In my opinion, I thought he portrayed a modern Peter Parker very well.

I completely agree with that. He portrayed a modern day Peter Parker very well. I think that's what people aren't getting, is that he needs to be a modern day loser, which would be a hipster like person, in my opinion. Totally different kind of loser compared to the 60s.

#18 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Hipster Spider-man.

#19 Posted by JairamGanpat (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield was not a Hipster in this movie...

#20 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Actor, but bad role. Peter Parker is nothing like the Amazing Spider-Man Peter, but I don't think that should take away credit from Garfield's great performance. Saying that, I think Toby did great too.

#21 Posted by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e: this, Garfield did not play peter parker in the movie to me. He played a kid with powers.

#22 Edited by spiderwebspidersling (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get it. What made him a hipster? Well personally i preferred him to Maguire and i thought Maguire did a decent job.

#23 Posted by spiderwebspidersling (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77: in the movie he didn't go try to make money from his powers by wrestling or going on TV

Yeah i know, all he did was work with Doc Connors to try and make a formula that would help people and change the world, what a douchey hipster emo punk.

#24 Posted by NutellaPancakes (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kurpaul said:

@War Killer said:

I thought he played the role great, bringing Spider-Man back to his high school roots. In my opinion, I thought he portrayed a modern Peter Parker very well.

I completely agree with that. He portrayed a modern day Peter Parker very well. I think that's what people aren't getting, is that he needs to be a modern day loser, which would be a hipster like person, in my opinion. Totally different kind of loser compared to the 60s.

Agreed, although I'm reluctant to label him a "hipster". I liked Tobey Maguire's portrayal of the classic Peter Parker, but it was good to see a new take on the character. It hasn't been that long since Maguire's trilogy ended and, for me at least, it would have been too soon to watch a Peter Parker that's almost identical to his.

#25 Posted by PunyParker (12595 posts) - - Show Bio
Peter Parker first art for the Spectacular Spiderman TV show...

Its.....Garfield.....honestly they made him identical!!

Everybody liked this one,but not anyone the ASM one...(Andrew)....

I believe he did a good job,and he will do a better job on the 2nd movie....(he was a Peter of 2012....times change)

#26 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought he played Spider-man brilliantly but Peter Parker not so much.

#27 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

I thought he played Spider-man brilliantly but Peter Parker not so much.

@Pyrogram said:

@Superguy0009e: this, Garfield did not play peter parker in the movie to me. He played a kid with powers.

#28 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: lol! I won't detract from him though Andrew did a much much much (worth 3 much's!) better than McGuire as both Spider-man and Peter!

#29 Posted by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: nope.

#30 Edited by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: we both know your a fully confessed fanboy, and you know it.

You know im playing :P

#31 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Strider92: nope.

Nope?

#32 Posted by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: I think toby was better.

#33 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@Strider92: I think toby was better.

Well its all a matter of opinion. I thought Garfield did a much better overall job but to each his own.

#34 Posted by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: agreed.

#35 Edited by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@wr3h

OMG

THOR AND HARRY ARE WINKING AT EACH OTHER

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN.

#36 Posted by PunyParker (12595 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: THAT MEANS SONY AND DYSNEY ARE WORKING TOGETHER!!! WE WILL SEE SPIDEY IN AVENGERS 2!!!! omg!!!!!

NOW IM SURE!!!!!

#37 Posted by mewmdude77 (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderwebspidersling said:

@mewmdude77: in the movie he didn't go try to make money from his powers by wrestling or going on TV

Yeah i know, all he did was work with Doc Connors to try and make a formula that would help people and change the world, what a douchey hipster emo punk.

I never called him douchey, hipster, or emo. all I was saying with that line was that he didn't do what most Peter Parkers do when they got their powers.

#38 Edited by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

@wr3h: THAT MEANS SONY AND DYSNEY ARE WORKING TOGETHER!!! WE WILL SEE SPIDEY IN AVENGERS 2!!!! omg!!!!!

NOW IM SURE!!!!!

Upon discovering this, Spiderman took action.

He darted towards the Avengers Mansion.

#39 Posted by InfinityAce (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow back up what's with all the garfeild hate? He's a great actor and, made every scene believable. To be honest after reading you guys posts you missing one big point. He can only be as Parker as the script tells him to be. It's not him making the choice to act that way it's the script. The question isn't did garfeild make a good Peter Parker it's did he movie make a good Peter parker. Besides it's modern day spidey. he just got his powers he's not gonna go mr.Responsibility so soon.

#40 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Since when did "Hipster" become the new "Emo"? Seriously you guys have robbed the term of any meaning. All it means now is "someone I don't like because they like different stuff than me"

#41 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the portrayal of Peter Parker/Spider-Man in this latest movie. The movie itself is not perfect, but as far as the interpretation of the character of Spider-Man, I thought it was great. I liked it much better than I did the portrayal of Spider-Man in the previous trilogy. I thought those films were just too cheesy and campy, but that's just my opinion.

#42 Posted by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

@InfinityAce: we could have said a modern day Thor would be a hispter, no... spiderman is spiderman as peter is peter.. you cant just change it.

#43 Posted by PunyParker (12595 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h:

ITS TRUE!!!

#44 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

@wr3h:

ITS TRUE!!!

THEY STARTED RELASING PROMOTIONAL IMAGES

OMG

#45 Edited by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: troll :D

#46 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@wr3h: troll :D

international red-neck

:D

#47 Edited by PunyParker (12595 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h:

this is,.......suspicious...(Avengers-Thanos comics....Marvel gave 'im

#48 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

@wr3h:

this is,.......suspicious...(Avengers-Thanos comics....Marvel gave 'im

#49 Posted by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h:

#50 Posted by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: ow woah, I read batman, im gona be batman...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.