Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

First Trailer for 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Video game

• 89 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The first trailer has been released for Beenox's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game and it has a pretty interesting premise. Instead of appearing to have a firm link to plot in the upcoming movie (Electro is teased in the end, though!), the video game introduces Sergei Kravinoff aka Kraven the Hunter and focuses on him. The villain is known for viewing Spider-Man as the ultimate hunt, but there's a twist here. In the game, he apparently thinks the hero has the potential to become the ultimate hunter. It seems Sergei wants to help Spider-Man reach his full potential and find the man who killed Uncle Ben. Does Kraven really view the webhead as his apprentice or is he just building Pete up so he can offer the most challenging hunt yet? Guess we'll have to play the game to find out and see how else it connects to the movies. Check out the trailer below.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is scheduled to come out this spring. It'll be available for XBox One, Playstation 4, XBox 360, Playstation 3, Wii U, PC and 3DS. Is this game on your radar or does it look like something you'll rent or even skip?

Source: Gameinformer

Vincent92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay, that was awsome, denfinetly going to get this

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

C.K.? Cletus Kasady

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That looks amazing. Spectacular even.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks boss

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@armiv2: now don't start that again!!!! It'll never end

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

It's kinda sad that the Amazing Spider-man 1 videogame told a better more interesting spider-man story than the reboot film. Also yay for them making Kraven a russian, that's like the first time I've seen him not be just vaguely south african but otherwise white european dude.

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By cobra88king8
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Wait did a superhero game actually deliver an interesting and organic twist in its storyline along with utilising Spider-Man's extensive rogues gallery in a bold new way? I'm genuinely intrigued by this now thanks to the trailer. It seems like Kraven will play a part in the morality system of the game. Though I don't know what the gameplay of the first Amazing Spider-Man game was like. Hopefully it'll be good here.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

I'm not so sure how good this game will be, movie based video games never seem to be good.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

@cloudguy said:

I'm not so sure how good this game will be, movie based video games never seem to be good.

To be fair though, Spider-Man movie based games have been pretty good (especially Spider-Man 2)

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armiv2: The ultimate video game, I'd say

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By PunyParker

You REALLY were impressed......by this?.....

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

@cloudguy said:

To be fair though, Spider-Man movie based games have been pretty good (especially Spider-Man 2)

I really enjoy playing Spider-Man 2 but i think, all Spider-Man games should be like Spider-Man 2.

jcj145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually don't pick up movie related games, but this at least looks like it has some potential. Looking forward to see what else comes out about this game.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game looks really Friendly. I might get this. I haven't played a Spider-Man game since I think the first or second Raimi series game so if I get this, I hope it's good.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PunyParker

@theacidskull said:

Looks very interesting! Also, am I the only one who found some type of similarity in the game mechanics between Spider-man Noir and this trailer? It makes sense if they'd bring back the stealth element.

DE HUNT !

Of cource they have similarities.

Also,Beenox policy is "We are bored to look for a voice actor for Kraven......meh,whatever,bring Blum again." ;)

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bystander

Real, real nice.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Spidey and Kraven teaming up in a video game? Now, I've seen everything. May have to get the game to see if the story is good.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By laflux

Looks very interesting! Also, am I the only one who found some type of similarity in the game mechanics between Spider-man Noir and this trailer? It makes sense if they'd bring back the stealth element.

yeah noir was my favorite part of Shatterred dimensions

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobra88king8: Let's hope so! That's what I thought when I saw CK.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Deranged Midget

@lvenger said:

Wait did a superhero game actually deliver an interesting and organic twist in its storyline along with utilising Spider-Man's extensive rogues gallery in a bold new way? I'm genuinely intrigued by this now thanks to the trailer. It seems like Kraven will play a part in the morality system of the game. Though I don't know what the gameplay of the first Amazing Spider-Man game was like. Hopefully it'll be good here.

Web of Shadows pulled it off really well.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

It was nice.

I really hope the game isn't all about Kraven......
    And of cource we'll have Electro!.....of cource.

KingStandup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, this looks great! I will definitely check this out when it's released. I'm really looking forward to the new movie, too!

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was nice.

I really hope the game isn't all about Kraven......

And of cource we'll have Electro!.....of cource.

Yeah, I'm definitely interested and I hope Kraven plays a manipulative type supporting role because I'd love to see him in a live action film. Chances are, that's probably not going to happen though :(

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 59

#30  Edited By SlamAdams

Wow, I love that idea of introducing Kraven

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lvenger

@deranged_midget: That game got pretty scathingly reviewed though IIRC when it came out.

@punyparker Maybe he'll just be a side character or something like that?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By laflux

@lvenger said:

Yeah, the only problem with Web of Shadows was the Voice Acting. Otherwise, it was a stellar game :)

Avatar image for spider_masterlord
    Spider_masterlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Thewene1: For God sake,what are you talking about?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Deranged Midget

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget: That game got pretty scathingly reviewed though IIRC when it came out.

Indeed it did. Fortunately, I didn't (nor do I) depend on reviews to pick up a specific product :D

@laflux said:

Yeah, the only problem with Web of Shadows was the Voice Acting. Otherwise, it was a stellar game :)

Eh, I had a little trouble with it at the start but I got used to it :P Still the absolute best Spidey game to date. Amazing combat, best side missions and story and the swinging was still great!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Indeed it did. Fortunately, I didn't (nor do I) depend on reviews to pick up a specific product :D

@laflux said:

Eh, I had a little trouble with it at the start but I got used to it :P Still the absolute best Spidey game to date. Amazing combat, best side missions and story and the swinging was still great!

True, reviewers can be whiny and stuck up in their criticisms across the gaming medium.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

True, reviewers can be whiny and stuck up in their criticisms across the gaming medium.

Well that's the thing right. I read reviews because I'm always interested in seeing someone else's opinion. But, I can distinguish my opinion with their own, noticing that another person may have their own preferences for how a genre may be handled, the medium, pacing, gameplay, story. So truthfully, it's not really fair to critique someone else's review (opinion) of a game because it cannot be proven wrong. And I really don't understand why people get so defensive or angry when a review disagrees with their opinion. If you dig the game, or know that you will, then go for it! No one should be stopping them, you know?!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Well that's the thing right. I read reviews because I'm always interested in seeing someone else's opinion. But, I can distinguish my opinion with their own, noticing that another person may have their own preferences for how a genre may be handled, the medium, pacing, gameplay, story. So truthfully, it's not really fair to critique someone else's review (opinion) of a game because it cannot be proven wrong. And I really don't understand why people get so defensive or angry when a review disagrees with their opinion. If you dig the game, or know that you will, then go for it! No one should be stopping them, you know?!

It's the same principle across many mediums really. Comics, fictional books, moves etc, that's the thing with reviews, they're just someone's subjective opinion and should not supercede personal judgement of the topic being reviewed.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

It's the same principle across many mediums really. Comics, fictional books, moves etc, that's the thing with reviews, they're just someone's subjective opinion and should not supercede personal judgement of the topic being reviewed.

Indubitably but as of late, I feel like critiques of video game reviews are becoming worse and worse, which could also be attributed to the expanding social media :/

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
    Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it looks reall REALLY bad, to be honest. Like a DLC chapter to the first game. God, I hope that was not the PS4 version and that the PS4 version actually looks way better, otherwise this might be the first Spidey game I pass on since the PSone.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Indubitably but as of late, I feel like critiques of video game reviews are becoming worse and worse, which could also be attributed to the expanding social media :/

Yeah opening the video game discussion up onto social media is irrefutably going to have its downsides after all :P

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kraven is the focus of a Spider-man game? This could be so awesome. Please don't screw this one up.

Although I really hope this doesn't mean he won't ever be in a movie.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@punyparker Maybe he'll just be a side character or something like that?

Well,he HAS a trailer all about him...

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ninjablade09

I posted this in the games thread but I'll repost it here.

Personally, it doesn't look as good as I thought it might be. Just the look alone feels very ASMish and that bothers me. The Peter Parker is literally a re-skin of the vigilante suit from the first game with a new head so that bothers me. I think Spidey looks way to lanky, he looks fine in a neutral position but when he is swinging he looks weird. What bothers me the most though is that it looks like they are trying to put stealth as a primary function again. That's a huge mistake and one of the biggest problem with ASM. They didn't really give you a choice to either be stealthy or all out fight. But the gameplay looks fluid and doesn't bother me to much that it's an updated version of the first games. The city looks and feels bigger. Hopefully it's more realistic as well like adding more landmarks that are in NY such as Grand Central. I kinda wish they showed more of the web mechanics they have been taking about. How it looks and how it's different.

Also I like that Oscorp looks like it did in the movie unlike the first game. For some reason I had a huge problem with that. Plus if we get the first movie suit(no belt), which we should, I hope now that we are in next gen we can have the lights on the web shooters light up.

But the more I watch the trailer the more I'm interested in the story. I starting to like the idea of Kraven helping Spidey track his Uncle's killer. I'm also interested in the Hero or Menace thing they have talked about, and it seems Kraven will play a large role in those effects.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: You don't like Kraven?

I like him.
    I don't like the direction the game is taking.

I posted this in the games thread but I'll repost it here.

Personally, it doesn't look as good as I thought it might be. Just the look alone feels very ASMish and that bothers me. The Peter Parker is literally a re-skin of the vigilante suit from the first game with a new head so that bothers me. I think Spidey looks way to lanky, he looks fine in a neutral position but when he is swinging he looks weird. What bothers me the most though is that it looks like they are trying to put stealth as a primary function again. That's a huge mistake and one of the biggest problem with ASM. They didn't really give you a choice to either be stealthy or all out fight. But the gameplay looks fluid and doesn't bother me to much that it's an updated version of the first games. The city looks and feels bigger. Hopefully it's more realistic as well like adding more landmarks that are in NY such as Grand Central. I kinda wish they showed more of the web mechanics they have been taking about. How it looks and how it's different.

Also I like that Oscorp looks like it did in the movie unlike the first game. For some reason I had a huge problem with that. Plus if we get the first movie suit(no belt), which we should, I hope now that we are in next gen we can have the lights on the web shooters light up.

But the more I watch the trailer the more I'm interested in the story. I starting to like the idea of Kraven helping Spidey track his Uncle's killer. I'm also interested in the Hero or Menace thing they have talked about, and it seems Kraven will play a large role in those effects.

He'll turn at the end,obviously.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I'm starting to think that is one of a few possible endings. Beenox has said that your choices effect the games story, right? If so that's nice because like with WOS I'll do my first play through how Spidey would do it, basically doing it as the perfect hero. Then replay it acting as if I was Spider-Man and how I would react and handle the situation which should be interesting. If what I said about being like WOS and where there are different ending, I hope it is more organic and you don't have the option to choose what you want to do, the game reacts based on your previous actions.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

kraven as spidey's mentor? interesting. they really are pushing for the villains as antiheros

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: I'm starting to think that is one of a few possible endings. Beenox has said that your choices effect the games story, right? If so that's nice because like with WOS I'll do my first play through how Spidey would do it, basically doing it as the perfect hero. Then replay it acting as if I was Spider-Man and how I would react and handle the situation which should be interesting. If what I said about being like WOS and where there are different ending, I hope it is more organic and you don't have the option to choose what you want to do, the game reacts based on your previous actions.

That would be awesome.
    And anything else than that would be a WoS cop-out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.