First Impressions on The Amazing Spider-Man Teaser Trailer

• 104 results
Posted by G-Man (34330 posts) - - Show Bio

Last week word got out that a trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man would be debuting this week. Makes sense since it's time for San Diego Comic-Con. We know filming has been going underway. We've seen some spy images as well as the official ones that Entertainment Weekly published.

Early this morning a bootleg version made its way to the internet. That isn't much of a surprise either as just in the last few days we've seen or heard about bootleg (shakey cam) footage of Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers. Whether its a need to be the first to post it or a desire to share it with the world (specifically those that don't want to wait for the official release), trailers are getting leaked more and more.

The footage shows that the movie has a darker feel than the previous Spider-Man films. The music and overall feel is dark. I thought this was a little odd given that Sam Raimi was involved in those. We see Peter Parker as a child and there is mention of his parents having to go away. From the comics we know they were really S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and died on a mission.

Is this an origin movie? Yes. The young Peter Parker we first see doesn't have powers. This explains the casting for Uncle Ben and Aunt May along with the fact that we'll be seeing more of Ben rather than just flashbacks. There's an experiment going on in a lab (presumably at Oscorp since an image of Andrew Garfield outside an Oscorp building was released before). Of course there will be a spider involved as well as Peter getting bit. There is also footage of his transformation/discovery.

== TEASER ==

Because it's a teaser trailer, we wouldn't want to see too much right away. The trailer ends with Peter in his Spider-Man suit (we don't get a full glimpse besides his leg at first) running, jumping and crawling over the rooftops of New York City. The way it's done gives you a first-person shooter feel. It's frantic and fast paced and looks pretty cool. There's a little web slinging ending with an approach to a building with some reflective windows, giving us a full view of Spider-Man.

Having another origin story is completely unnecessary but the darker tone will spark your curiosity. This isn't a Marvel Studios movie and you can completely get the feeling that it's not. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the current Marvel Studios movies, I love them as much as the next person. The tone presented in this trailer gives it a more isolated feel grounded a little more in...reality.

We can probably expect an official release of the trailer later this week or early next. If you're really curious and haven't seen it yet.

Staff Online
#1 Posted by Norusdog (203 posts) - - Show Bio

meh 

#2 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio
@norusdog said:
meh 
I second that motion.
#3 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Still waiting to see this new trailer

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Better than Avengers, looks to have some depth to it; which is only a good thing.

#5 Posted by tbpinkfloyd (126 posts) - - Show Bio

WIth the parents and everything going on a secret mission type of thing, this definitely has more of an Ultimate feel to it. AND I AM LOVING IT

#6 Posted by CraftyArrow (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody got a link? 

#7 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm willing to give it a chance. 

#8 Posted by The_Tree (7481 posts) - - Show Bio

Caught it on Youtube, and I must say, it was pretty awesome.
And you definitely weren't kidding when you said it had a darker feel.

#9 Posted by Loki9876 (3049 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw it and liked it but it feels to early to be a reboot

#10 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

The costume looks really bad,let's hope the movie doesn't

#11 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

From what's described it sounds a lot like Ultimate Spider-Man.  

I'm cautiously optimistic.  

Seriously, every time I put a spoiler tag it never works. I found the trailer. PM me if you want it.
#12 Posted by Punk1984 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw it and I have to say that part at the end made my jaw drop. Can't wait to see these teasers officially so we can judge but right now way more excited for Spider-Man than either Avengers or Dark Knight Rises. Thumbs up!

#13 Posted by CptPanda29 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd kinda like the eyes bigger on the mask, LOVE the big eyes.

Big eyes on Spidey and little ears on Bats. How I roll.

#14 Posted by danhimself (22553 posts) - - Show Bio

how are all of these people getting their camcorders to places where they can see these trailers....I mean it's getting ridiculous lately...first Batman then Avengers and now this....I never have my camcorder when I need it

#15 Posted by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio

First I don't know how The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers and Spider-Man trailers were all bootlegged but now the studios are probably going to crack down more. I do enjoy being a scientist seems to play up more in the movie as well as Lizard and Spider-Man's origin being connected.

#16 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

aside from the POV section and a few other arts, this was kinda underwhelming. Not even a tease of the Lizard.

#17 Posted by longbowhunter (7097 posts) - - Show Bio

The teaser makes the film seem much less fun than Raimi's take on the character.
#18 Posted by leokearon (1804 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do we need an origin story? Everyone knows Spidey's origin
#19 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Im willing to go on faith that this might be good.  The darker/reality tone makes me think that they are trying to make this the equal of Nolan's Batman for the MU. Might happen, might not.

#20 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Columbia Pictures own the Spider-Man franchise, I hope that one day, Spidey can join the Avengers in an Avengers sequel.
#21 Edited by haydenclaireheroes (9070 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really excited to see a teaser trailer for this movie. I am a huge Spider-man fan

#22 Posted by Samimista (20717 posts) - - Show Bio

The trailer is too modernized for my taste however, I still will see the movie.

#23 Posted by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the movie I'm most excited for. I know a lot of people don't want a new take on Spider-Man's origin, or even a new Spider-Man at all, but as my favourite character this has me stoked. I love how different the tone is from Raimi's movies since I never felt like Raimi understood the character or that his world has evolved since the 60's cartoon (which Raimi seemed to rely on most for inspiration).

Everything about this reboot has me stoked. I love the suit, and especially the cast. As for this being too soon for a reboot, I don't understand that criticism since other series have been rebooted on a similar time-frame (James Bond, Hulk, Star Trek, Superman, etc) and it seems like people only complain about it with Spidey. I get now that many people aren't going to like the movie no matter what they do but I wouldn't have thought so many people would be this narrow-minded.

#24 Posted by onlineatron (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Moodier than expected (despite it's themes, 500 Days was quite a bright, hopeful film).

I have been an Amazing Spider-man apologisist since it's announcement, but this trailer has shaken me a tad. Probably because the trailer just retreads old ground (the origin), but it was less exciting than I hoped.

The real meat of the film will come from the more extensive look at Parker's high school life, barely touched upon in the Raimi flicks.

#25 Posted by FNspiderdan (38 posts) - - Show Bio

looks amazing. cant wait.. wish we could see even a glimpse of lizard though. and im glad they are redoing his origin so we dont get a bunch idiots saying "i thought he shot webs out of his wrists.. he lost his powers?" not everyone understands what a reboot is or even knows they are rebooting for that matter. even more dont read comics, and alotta people are plain stupid. now here is the trailer for anyone who hasnt seen it :) hurry! 

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/30331

#26 Posted by LordTaronji101 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

I could give it a chance
#28 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like the new costume design but im not crazy about the eyes on it. They look to dark, i liked the silver. Im really think this is going to be the Spider-Man film we have all be waiting for. The Sam Rami films were good don't get me wrong but i just felt that it wasn't the best adaptation of Spider-Man. Where was Spideys lame one liners that still manage to make him seem cool?

#29 Posted by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds good. Though, I wasn't very happy about this "new" Spiderman movie. (I'll miss Tobey)
But it sounds good, different too. 
I still wish Logan Lerman got the part of Peter Parker but I'll definitely go see this movie with an opened mind:)

P.S. I really do hate people who leak stuff online, dang party-poopers! lol

#30 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

just found the trailer online. now i'm dancing around the room, singing the SM theme.

#31 Posted by Farley Deering (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Quite hopefully. Love the POV shots, at last I can pretend to be Spidey!

#32 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Better than Avengers, looks to have some depth to it; which is only a good thing.

lol, looks better than anything DC has produced, Anyone remember Jonah Hex? lol, Won't be seeing this garbage either. Avengers #1 Movie for 2012. Believe that.
#33 Posted by Shipwreck (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Two iconic poses for Spider-Man are not going to prove that it's going to be good. Face it. I can get my brother to pose like that and he couldn't act "Spidey" no matter how much someone paid him. As for a teaser trailer? They may look promising but remember trailers give you the best parts, they never show the weakest parts and it's all the parts in between that make the movie.

#34 Posted by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4733 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks interesting. That's about it.

#36 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Still think Donald Glover should have been Spider-Man.

But really, I don't what to think about this movie. I love Spider-Man, but I'm kind of mixed on the direction they seem to be going with it. As of right now I'm more hyped about The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers more than this movie.

#37 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio

Between this, Avengers, and The Dark Knight, these will be the three movies I will defiantly be seeing next year! ^_^

#38 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
how are all of these people getting their camcorders to places where they can see these trailers....I mean it's getting ridiculous lately...first Batman then Avengers and now this....I never have my camcorder when I need it
Cellphone's my friend, just pull out your phone to "answer a text" and press record :P
#39 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

It looked too emo and the suit sill looks like crap.

We didn't need to see Spider-Man's origins retold.

#40 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I didnt know it was early this morning. I saw it yesterday. I thought it looked "good"? I mean we didnt really see Spider-Man. Only Peter Parker. Im wondering if there is a lot more Peter Parker than Spider-Man. The POV shot at the end was horrible.  
But it looks like it may be another success for Fox.
#41 Edited by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw the bootleg. The beginning scene was GREAT. I actually liked the first person swing thing at the end. That should be awesome in 3D.

#42 Posted by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

Oh I didnt know it was early this morning. I saw it yesterday. I thought it looked "good"? I mean we didnt really see Spider-Man. Only Peter Parker. Im wondering if there is a lot more Peter Parker than Spider-Man. The POV shot at the end was horrible. But it looks like it may be another success for Fox.

Uh! Sorry, I keep seeing people say this but it's not Fox. It's Sony/Columbia.

#43 Posted by leejunfan83 (123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain: I like emo spiderman is emo he's not a goofy comedian 
#44 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon said:

@doordoor123 said:

Oh I didnt know it was early this morning. I saw it yesterday. I thought it looked "good"? I mean we didnt really see Spider-Man. Only Peter Parker. Im wondering if there is a lot more Peter Parker than Spider-Man. The POV shot at the end was horrible. But it looks like it may be another success for Fox.

Uh! Sorry, I keep seeing people say this but it's not Fox. It's Sony/Columbia.

Fox is probably going to f*ck up Spider-Man
#45 Posted by harleyquinnhawkgirl (336 posts) - - Show Bio

im gonna miss toby maguire as spidey! i really enjoyed all of his performances and i think he stayed true to the character! ill even miss kirsten dunst as mj even though she was really drippy and boring and pretended to sing LOL
#46 Posted by Punk1984 (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@leokearon: How many times have they filmed Superman's origin story or Batman's?
#47 Posted by DevilmanEX (617 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/30331

#48 Posted by welshguy (197 posts) - - Show Bio

My expecations for this movie are pretty damn low so this teaser does nothing for me. And that first-person bit looked a bit.. well lame. Hoping that's just a promo piece for this trailer and not a scene in the film. 
And I find the girl (forget her name) a very irritating actress.

#49 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I might see this in 3D just for the first person thing. I felt like I was Spider-man watching it and it was freaking awesome in 2d!

#50 Posted by Aldie_N (91 posts) - - Show Bio

If the teaser is good or not, I'll still watch it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.