Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Fingers crossed for new Spider-man movie! (Blog Post)

SpideySense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpideySense

The Amazing Spider-man movie has been the buzz lately. Posters hang around, IMDB ranked it at 87 (I know, I just checked), and that's going to climb higher on the next three months, until its opening comes. It tells the "untold story" of Peter Parker, I guess, to the mainstream non-comic readers, anyway. A lot of my friends who are part of that general public (non-comic readers) were actually wondering why Mary Jane Watson is not included in the movie. "Who is Gwen Stacy?" "Who is who?" "Why is Mary Jane not present?" and question marks and more questions marks. Now, I'm not going to elaborate more than that Gwen Stacy is Peter's "true" first love. Mostly though, they are also wondering how this Spider-man will be different from the past Spider-man movies.

Personally, I think that Spider-man is more about Peter Parker himself than his alter-ego. It is his struggles as human with weaknesses that draws me to him. He's not like other superheroes who are all high and mighty, yes they also have their vulnerabilities, but I guess Peter's are just explored more and it endears him to the readers. This movie is just the right fit as long as they do my favorite hero some justice (fingers crossed). Well, I guess I'll be having my fingers crossed until the movie comes out. Some people are already calling it a flop, but hey, Spidey's my favorite, so I guess I'll just wait for the movie to come out, fingers crossed and all that shizzle.

Spidey out. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.