Female clone spiderman in Ultimates

#1 Posted by TheCuckoo (55 posts) - - Show Bio

How come she's not taking over the mantle of the spider ?

#2 Posted by Vincent92 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCuckoo: i think because she is almost identical clone of peter, just female and they wanted to do something different

#3 Edited by TheCuckoo (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly a almost identical clone of peter mind and all, i get that they wanted to do something different i just don't see it working the new spider man seems to lack the likability & humor of the original spider-man. Take that away & what you have left is just not worth reading, Plus i also found it offensive that a black spider-mans family were criminals.

when reading it first I was hoping we would get to see some of the inspirational writing, that could equal peters uncle Ben's character but from a black perspective. But no none of that hope or pure goodness, just regrets about doing time in prison, i found it a bit annoying.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.