Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17251 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Favorite spiderman tv show

Darkseid011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Poll Favorite spiderman tv show (43 votes)

1960 s series 2%
    Spider-man 1981 2%
    Spider-man and his amazing friends 7%
    Spider-man 1994 37%
    Spider-man unlimited 1999 2%
    Spider-man the new animated series 2003 0%
    Spectacular spider-man 2008 65%
    Ultimate spider-man 2%

Comment choose what is your favorite spidey tv series.

• 
    Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

The 94 cartoon by miles.

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Superskrull86

I actually loved the 2008 Spectacular Spiderman. But '81 ftw

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

im a 90s kid so '94 , yeah im biased so what?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Ninjablade09

Ultimate Spider-Man FTW! Nah I'm kidding I have to say its a tie between the 94 series and Spectacular Spider-Man.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Spectacular Spider-Man

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

Spectacular Spider-Man easily.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

It's not even a competition. Spectacular Spider-Man was leagues above every other show in terms of quality in voice acting, action, animation, tone, plot, and pacing.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

1994 spider man is the best in my opinion.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By PeppeyHare

Spectacular followed by TNAS.. 90s show was alright but it really doesn't have that much going for it apart from nostalgia.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Spectacular Spider-Man SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@deranged_midget said:

It's not even a competition. Spectacular Spider-Man was leagues above every other show in terms of quality in voice acting, action, animation, tone, plot, and pacing.

Word, put nostalgia aside, and 90s Spider-Man was HEAVILY edited, had soap opera dialogue and very stiff, ridged animation which made for whelming fight sequences. I mean compared to fights like THIS,

Loading Video...

it's a no brainer who wins. Plus, Peter wasn't funny in the 90s version, and Peter Parker not being funny is a travesty.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@deranged_midget said:

Word, put nostalgia aside, and 90s Spider-Man was HEAVILY edited, had soap opera dialogue and very stiff, ridged animation which made for whelming fight sequences. I mean compared to fights like THIS,

Loading Video...

it's a no brainer who wins. Plus, Peter wasn't funny in the 90s version, and Peter Parker not being funny is a travesty.

I tried to go back and watch the 90's show out of nostalgia's sake but honestly, it wasn't that great the second time around. Copy and pasted action scenes and backgrounds, choppy animation and clear limitations in the action sequences. I will say that the story lines were pretty great though.

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vaccine

Without a shadow of a doubt, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular Spiderman easily. Its a shame there was no 3rd season.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Spectacular Spider-Man, easily. The '90s cartoon is okay and all, but it doesn't hold up very well, especially when compared to Batman: TAS and X-Men: TAS. Spectacular Spider-Man "got" Spider-Man. It was faithful to the comics, it had fun action sequences, and it also had a really strong supporting cast. I really liked its adaption of the "If This Be My Destiny..." storyline, and I like how it alluded to Harry's drug problems.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular without a doubt....the 90's show did not hold up well at all and the MTV show was horrible to begin with

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Spectular Spider-Man!

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Whoa! So I was 4 years old when Spider-Man 1994 came out? Damn! I was watching that show when I was 6-10.

I couldn't even understand yet speak english until I was 10 years old. No wonder so many old TV shows trip me out now. I watched Beast Wars, X-Men, Power Rangers, etc, and I trip out like... Ohhh so that's what was going on.

Back on Topic: I liked 94, Unlimited, Spectacular, and I like Ultimate (yeah I said it.)

Honestly I like 94 the best. I think Spectacular and Ultimate are fairly the same when it comes to how much I like them. Heck I might even prefer the animation on Ultimate than Spectacular. I would very much like it if Ultimate Spider-Man had more than just the 1st season on Netflix.

PS I seen the entire season of SM 94 at least twice; I'd say 3 times but I am not 100% sure.

( + )

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spider11211

Whoa! So I was 4 years old when Spider-Man 1994 came out? Damn! I was watching that show when I was 6-10.

I couldn't even understand yet speak english until I was 10 years old. No wonder so many old TV shows trip me out now. I watched Beast Wars, X-Men, Power Rangers, etc, and I trip out like... Ohhh so that's what was going on.

Back on Topic: I liked 94, Unlimited, Spectacular, and I like Ultimate (yeah I said it.)

Honestly I like 94 the best. I think Spectacular and Ultimate are fairly the same when it comes to how much I like them. Heck I might even prefer the animation on Ultimate than Spectacular. I would very much like it if Ultimate Spider-Man had more than just the 1st season on Netflix.

PS I seen the entire season of SM 94 at least twice; I'd say 3 times but I am not 100% sure.

( + )

Only 4.....no wonder I have gray hair.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@spider11211: It's all good bro. I'm already going bald and I'm barely in my early twenties. It's a part of life and a beauty of it IMHO.

( + )

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Spideysense44

Spectacular why did you have to end , WHY! :(

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By 14NC3
    1. Spectacular Spider-man
    2. 1994's Spider-man
    3. Spider-man unlimited

It's really close between 1994's spider-man and spectacular.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the 90's series, but common. Spider-man wasn't even allowed to punch. He only punched like once.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man 1994 hands down. That cartoon is the reason why I love super heroes and why spiderman is one of my fav heroes of all time. I remember waking up every Saturday morning to turn onto fox kids and watch spiderman team up with iron man dr. Strange and captain america. To this day anytime I read a spiderman comic I still read the comics as if the spiderman is voiced the cartoons voice actor. Good times good times.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@deranged_midget said:

Loading Video...

I agree on almost everyithing,but about the funny,re watch the 90's series now(like i do) and you'll see....Pete was funny and quipy.Noone took that from him.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular without a doubt....the 90's show did not hold up well at all and the MTV show was horrible to begin with

Whoa whoa.....why horrible?.....i liked it.It wasnt Spec Spidey,but i liked it a lot!....NPH,the fights,and all.....Produced:Brian Michael Bendis.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_stegman  Moderator

@punyparker: I didn't say they took away his quips, I said he wasn't funny, everything he said was a bad pun.

Compare this

Loading Video...

To this

Loading Video...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PunyParker

@the_stegman: I've seen the "Funny Scenes" and they really take out all the fun stuff.......season 1 ep 2 with Black Widow(the Robot) his quips are plain amazing!....and he's a funny guy,in general!.....

All i'm trying to say is that the funny stuff are in,and good!....

And no i wont compare this.It's stupid.Of cource Spectacular is "better" and i love the show,and THAT'S WHAT I VOTED FOR!

I grew up with the 90's show.I spend one of my teenage years with Spectacular.I've seen dozens of times the 90's show.I've seen dozens of times Spectacular Spider-Man.

See?....that's why comparison is stupid.

And i'm not sayin that nostalgia critic is a logical judge,of cource not.I grew up with Power Rangers too.....I love the show.It's horrible.
    Just "Spider-Man" gave people ehat they really wanted.SPIDER-MAN!!.....Yeah,it was twiched as hell,but Spider-Man/Peter Parker was the one from the comics!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: I've seen the "Funny Scenes" and they really take out all the fun stuff.......season 1 ep 2 with Black Widow(the Robot) his quips are plain amazing!....and he's a funny guy,in general!.....

And no i wont compare this.It's stupid.Of cource Spectacular is "better" and i love the show,and THAT'S WHAT I VOTED FOR!

I grew up with the 90's show.I spend one of my teenage years with Spectacular.I've seen dozens of times the 90's show.I've seen dozens of times Spectacular Spider-Man.

Eh, I suppose we have different tastes, I never laughed at the 90s show, and I too grew up with it, even then I didn't think it was funny. And a comparision isn't stupid, they're two shows about Spider-Man, they are bound to be compared, it's only logical.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

Eh, I suppose we have different tastes, I never laughed at the 90s show, and I too grew up with it, even then I didn't think it was funny. And a comparision isn't stupid, they're two shows about Spider-Man, they are bound to be compared, it's only logical.

Compare "30 seconds to Mars" to Queen.....they're both rock bands,right!?.....Compare Michael Jackson to One Direction.....they're both producing pop music!
    Or on the other hand,compare Messi to Ronaldo....they both play football,right!?......compare Muse to Radiohead...they both play rock music.Compare Heath Ledger to Jack Nickollson...they both played Joker!

There are two options....1.Uncomparable,and 2.They both do a great job at what they do......guess what's the case here,in our topic of conversation.

And if you're sayin the dialog was cheesy.....please....go read Jerry Conway's run.....you'll never touch cheese again. :)

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

Whoa whoa.....why horrible?.....i liked it.It wasnt Spec Spidey,but i liked it a lot!....NPH,the fights,and all.....Produced:Brian Michael Bendis.

I just didn't like the fact that they the only villains they used were Electro, Silver Sable, and the Lizard...apparently every other villain was off limits due to the movies which is just plain ridiculous...I also really didn't care for the looks of the characters either

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By silent_bomber

@punyparker said:

@the_stegman: All i'm trying to say is that the funny stuff are in,and good!....

I think you're myth-taken

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@punyparker said:

@danhimself said:

I just didn't like the fact that they the only villains they used were Electro, Silver Sable, and the Lizard...apparently every other villain was off limits due to the movies which is just plain ridiculous...I also really didn't care for the looks of the characters either

Yeah it's a shame that they couldn't use more characters. Still a huge fan of that show though

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@danhimself said:

We all didnt like the villians in the Spider-Man 2 game,due to limitations of the movie.....but the game was awesome.

@punyparker said:

@the_stegman: All i'm trying to say is that the funny stuff are in,and good!....

I think you're myth-taken

What's wrong with the world?!! re-watch the show please!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.