Favorite ASM Arcs?

#1 Posted by SkyMan923 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

What are your favorite arcs from ASM? Mine is probably Sins Past.

(Sorry if there is already a topic about this)

#2 Posted by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine is the clone saga.

#3 Posted by JakeN7 (10625 posts) - - Show Bio

@clonesaga2099 said:

Mine is the clone saga.

I guess it's ok because mine is the Death of Spider-Man and the subsequent Superior Spider-Man arc (y'know the current one) so I guess I'd be a hypocrite for criticizing someone for liking a universally lambasted arc.

But seriously the Clone Saga!?!?!?

#4 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7: OP's was Sins Past.... Mine is Back in Black, and Grim Hunt is a close second.

#5 Edited by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7:

Yes I really did enjoy the Clone Saga. We got such cool stuff out of it, like Ben Reiley, you just can't hate Spider-Carnage and Kaine, whose book is amazing right now. Besides that, it seemed like Peter was really mature at the time, he was married and was going to have a kid and Aunt May had died recently. It's just the ending that fell kind of flat. It was also nostalgic for me since, that was my jumping on point for Spider-Man.

#6 Edited by JakeN7 (10625 posts) - - Show Bio

@clonesaga2099 said:

@JakeN7:

Yes I really did enjoy the Clone Saga. We got such cool stuff out of it, like Ben Reiley, you just can't hate Spider-Carnage and Kaine, whose book is amazing right now. Besides that, it seemed like Peter was really mature at the time, he was married and was going to have a kid and Aunt May had died recently. It's just the ending that fell kind of flat. It was also nostalgic for me since, that was my jumping on point for Spider-Man.

Well good for you man. Honestly. I can totally applaud that. You're totally right about the new characters it brought to the table and the nostalgic quality it has. I honestly don't have much of a problem with it. In fact, I love it when people stick to their opinions no matter the popular consensus on the subject. It's one of my favorite things to do, because you can have your own opinion and know that not a single thing anyone does can ever change that.

• I really liked the end of Amazing Spider-Man and I enjoy Spidey-Ock as a character.
  • I actually quite enjoyed the Green Lantern movie and I thought Ryan Reynolds played an excellent Hal Jordan.
  • I honestly enjoy the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. I think it's funny and has great animation and voice acting.
  • I never read a comic book with the hero Nova before, so I had no qualms about Richard Rider being replaced by Sam Alexander. I'm excited to read about him and enjoyed the first issue of his new ongoing Marvel NOW! series. I also think it's a fitting tribute to Jeph Loeb's son.
  • I think Superman is too over-powered and is too often portrayed as a one-dimensional character with no depth that just serves as the ultimate boyscout (I go back and forth on this a lot though, and I really do love Superman.)

Those are just some of the opinions that would get me crucified by plenty of people on this site. But, they are my opinions and no one can do anything about that.

EDIT: Awesome .gif by the way. Bat-thumbs up to you as well!

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@JakeN7: OP's was Sins Past.... Mine is Back in Black, and Grim Hunt is a close second.

Awesome : )

You don't think anyone would say One More Day though do you? That would be interesting to see. I would have total respect for that dude to have the balls to admit that (no matter how wrong I think he is.)

#7 Posted by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7: Differing opinions are what makes forums interesting, since it lends itself to debate.

#8 Posted by JakeN7 (10625 posts) - - Show Bio

@clonesaga2099 said:

@JakeN7: Differing opinions are what makes forums interesting, since it lends itself to debate.

Definitely. I always love a good debate.

#9 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3712 posts) - - Show Bio

@SkyMan923:

JMS and JRJR run (though, others had their fingers in on it too, like Scott Hanna, the inker). The later issues of JMS are okay, too. But I really don`t like the fact that Civil war messed up Straczynskis original plans, and Sins past and Skin deep didn`t have much to do with the whole totemic theme. The other did, but because I know that it didn`t really get a continuation of almost any kind, it feels pointless.

BTW, The Poets and gangs newest community-list-project (100 best Spider-man stories) has started. The voting for the initial 100 stories (which is done by 20 users) is still on, but soon the rest of the community can be a part of it, too. Go to The Poets personal page to check if the community step has started yet, if you`re interested.

#10 Posted by heroesgold (607 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven's Last Hunt and Torment.

#11 Posted by consolemaster001 (4938 posts) - - Show Bio

Death of jean dewolfe, grim hunt and back in black

#12 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only been reading around 570 or so, but I find one or two issue stories to be the most memorable.

Big Time overall was quite fun.

#13 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed Spider Island. Thought that it was a cool idea.

#14 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-man 617 and 625. Joe Kelly's Rhino two parter.

Spider Island

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

New Ways to Die,Back in Black,Grim Hunt.

#16 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

The Night Gwen Stacy Died.

#17 Posted by rd2race (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Im gonna go with the Gang War (the old school one) as my number one as well as the first apperances of carnage ect. I actually liked ends of the earth as well although most people talked poorly of that one.

#18 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Back in Black

#19 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3101 posts) - - Show Bio

Death of Spider-man, Ends of the Earth, I enjoyed a few stories during brand new day, 24/7, death of Gwen Stacy, Return of Anti venom new ways to die, JMS run, the return of massacre in Superior 4+5, and I enjoy the most recent Avenging Spidey arcs by Yost. Oh and I really liked Maximum Carnage.

#20 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg said:

Amazing Spider-man 617 and 625. Joe Kelly's Rhino two parter.

This. Also really enjoyed Spider-Men.

#21 Posted by consolemaster001 (4938 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray said:

The Night Gwen Stacy Died.

this

and also Rage of rhino/endangered species

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.