Explanation for the Ultimate Spider-Man Cartoon

#1 Posted by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

If you enjoy the Cartoon there is nothing wrong with that, and feel free to keep watching.

You think I'm not Peter?

By now, I'm sure that everyone is familiar with Disney's new Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and his new 4th wall breaking antics. Several people are outraged, because of what they perceive to be a Spider-Man who is far too incompetent, cocky and dense. But what if he is actually Doctor Octopus, and the series is trying to show kids what Superior Spider-Man is going to be about. Think about it, maybe it's Peter and Ock's conflicting personalities that has granted him medium awareness, like Deadpool which would explain the 4th wall. Marvel could also be giving a subtle clue that he isn't actually Peter because of his eye color. If you notice the Spider-Man in the cartoon has blue eyes, but in the Ultimate Universe, Main Universe, and everywhere else, (excluding the Raimi Trilogy) his eyes are brown. So now I need your help, feel free to post other evidence the proves that this Spider-Man is actually Doctor Octopus.

#2 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

That.....would be an interesting twist.

But it'll never happen!

#3 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

nope....it's just because the show is horribly written

#4 Posted by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111: It could, since this series just loves to show off what the Marvel universe is like. if they got Spider-Ham onto the small screen Spider-Ock shouldn't be that much of a stretch.

#5 Posted by Crackdown (589 posts) - - Show Bio

-facepalm-

#6 Posted by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Well shoot, I thought I was on to something.

#7 Posted by SoA (4688 posts) - - Show Bio

what about when he fought doc ock ? according to netflix this happened a lot.

also no. no superior spider-man , its just a lame show :p

#8 Posted by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: Well maybe the other Doc Ock is actually the real Peter Parker trying to fight to get his body back, but the Doctor's evil memories are corrupting him into evil. So he's got a ghost Ock forcing him to be evil.

#9 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

The better explanation for Peter breaking the fourth wall is that Disney made a show a few years ago called the Weekenders. the main character, Tino, would break the fourth wall to explain the situation and tell jokes. Obviously Disney wanted another character like that, so they made Spider-Man, a goofy character who sometimes breaks the fourth wall (not often though), like Tino.

#10 Posted by Baron_BJ (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77 said:

The better explanation for Peter breaking the fourth wall is that Disney made a show a few years ago called the Weekenders. the main character, Tino, would break the fourth wall to explain the situation and tell jokes. Obviously Disney wanted another character like that, so they made Spider-Man, a goofy character who sometimes breaks the fourth wall (not often though), like Tino.

If I recall correctly, wasn't that show a bomb because it was a colossal, steaming, worthless pile of bull****?

Hey, you're right, it does bear a striking resemblance to the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

#11 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111 said:

That.....would be an interesting twist.

But it'll never happen!

Exactly this, plus in comics they had an explanation, on this not

#12 Posted by TrueMarvel (195 posts) - - Show Bio

What I wanna know... Is why aint he black

#13 Posted by TheHulk (778 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk think Drake Bell not do that bad as Spidey. Hulk like him in Drake and Josh. In D&J, he play teen just fine and he was older. What make you think he can't play teen here.

#14 Posted by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHulk: I'm not saying Drake is doing a bad job, I just think that the way Spider-Man is being written is not very good. I guess I'm just really used to Spider-Man being able to handle himself pretty well.

#15 Posted by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrueMarvel: Probably because they are worried that kids won't be able to wrap their brains around the concept of alternate universes and that Miles and Peter are both Spider-Man in their respective universe.

#16 Posted by TheHulk (778 posts) - - Show Bio

@clonesaga2099 said:

@TheHulk: I'm not saying Drake is doing a bad job, I just think that the way Spider-Man is being written is not very good. I guess I'm just really used to Spider-Man being able to handle himself pretty well.

Puny BugMan have teamed up before. He just not regular member until now. Hulk actually like idea. It original for a Spiderman show.

#17 Posted by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHulk: I'll give it that it's definitely never been done before.

#18 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

#19 Edited by segamarvel (565 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. Its not perfect but its good for kids. Like it for what it is and not for what it's not.

#20 Edited by ConcernedSpiderFan (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spider-Man is a crappy show but it makes sense that Disney killed a quality show like Spectacular for it. Disney doesn't care about quality programming or directly making money off of their shows you can see this because of the huge proportion of their commercials that are just advertising Disney stuff and the reason is simple. Disney's Marvel shows like every show of theirs that isn't a stupid sitcom amounts to nothing more than a commercial for young kids to build and maintain interest in their films. Ultimate Spider-Man is not a Spider-Man show otherwise it would be so much better no Ultimate Spider-Man is a commercial that uses the appeal a Deadpoolified Spider-Man has to ADD 5 year olds to introduce and advertise every Marvel property except for Spider-Man. It's also one the many steps Quesada has taken that decays the character trying to promote this image over the past fifteen years of the whiny teenage and/or manchild Peter he wants.

(Hello everyone Peter was a very mature teenager and marriage was always on his mind even when he was just 17 in 616 in ULTIMATE he was seriously considering it at 15! Spider-Man is not about youth and he was not meant to be single forever.) It makes people lose respect for the character and then when it fails (Steve Wacker "every Peter story has already been told" you mean every story that does not involve him being a mature adult over 25) Peter gets the blame and his failures become self fulfilled prophecy. People will begin to doubt Peter's relevancy in the modern world as some have Superman in the 21st century. And Disney wont care what the quality of the show is or how long it last (at least 78 episodes seriously no Spider-Man show has ever had that many) because they'll make a few more dollars from the movies merchandising.

#21 Posted by PunyParker (8948 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spider-Man is a crappy show but it makes sense that Disney killed a quality show like Spectacular for it. Disney doesn't care about quality programming or directly making money off of their shows you can see this because of the huge proportion of their commercials that are just advertising Disney stuff and the reason is simple. Disney's Marvel shows like every show of theirs that isn't a stupid sitcom amounts to nothing more than a commercial for young kids to build and maintain interest in their films. Ultimate Spider-Man is not a Spider-Man show otherwise it would be so much better no Ultimate Spider-Man is a commercial that uses the appeal a Deadpoolified Spider-Man has to ADD 5 year olds to introduce and advertise ever Marvel property except for Spider-Man. It's also one the many steps Quesada has taken that decays the character trying to promote this image over the past fifteen years of the whiny teenage and/or manchild Peter he wants.

(Hello everyone Peter was a very mature teenager and marriage was always on his mind even when he was just 17 in 616 in ULTIMATE he was seriously considering it at 15! Spider-Man is not about youth and he was not meant to be single forever.) It makes people lose respect for the character and then when it fails (Steve Wacker "every Peter story has already been told" you mean every story that does not involve him being a mature adult over 25) Peter gets the blame and his failures become self fulfilled prophecy. People will begin to doubt Peter's relevancy in the modern world as some have Superman in the 21st century. And Disney wont care what the quality of the show is or how long it last (at least 78 episodes seriously no Spider-Man show has ever had that many) because they'll make a few more dollars from the movies merchandising.

I.......say.....uuuh.....you nailed it.

#22 Posted by CyberWarrior (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

Sadly, he's telling the truth...

#23 Posted by Magmaster12 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Man of Action Studios fault they've been following the same cliches since Ben 10 and never looked back.

#24 Posted by GeekBait (779 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only seen the first two episodes, but they were fun. It's just a goofy kid's show, I don't know why people hate on it so much. I wish it was on when I was a kid, I would've loved it a lot back then.

#25 Posted by PaperDemon (599 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehulk said:

Hulk think Drake Bell not do that bad as Spidey. Hulk like him in Drake and Josh. In D&J, he play teen just fine and he was older. What make you think he can't play teen here.

Because Peter and Drake are opposites. In Drake and Josh, Drake was a completely irresponsible teen and his luck and "attractiveness" seem to have got him everywhere. Peter is responsible and was a nerd with no luck and had to do work to get himself somewhere. Besides the shows just plain terrible and I can't WAIT for it to be canceled and replaced by another spider-man show. Hopefully with less spider-gear and cheesy lines with random cram ins with other marvel heroes.

#26 Posted by PaperDemon (599 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehulk said:

@clonesaga2099 said:

Puny BugMan have teamed up before. He just not regular member until now. Hulk actually like idea. It original for a Spiderman show.

Ultimate Spider-Man is a crappy show but it makes sense that Disney killed a quality show like Spectacular for it. Disney doesn't care about quality programming or directly making money off of their shows you can see this because of the huge proportion of their commercials that are just advertising Disney stuff and the reason is simple. Disney's Marvel shows like every show of theirs that isn't a stupid sitcom amounts to nothing more than a commercial for young kids to build and maintain interest in their films. Ultimate Spider-Man is not a Spider-Man show otherwise it would be so much better no Ultimate Spider-Man is a commercial that uses the appeal a Deadpoolified Spider-Man has to ADD 5 year olds to introduce and advertise every Marvel property except for Spider-Man. It's also one the many steps Quesada has taken that decays the character trying to promote this image over the past fifteen years of the whiny teenage and/or manchild Peter he wants.

Hulk I think it's a terrible idea and it's only to advertise other marvel heroes. We didn't come to watch these morons, we came to watch spiderman. I liked it better when sony had the show rights because they could focus more on spiderman himself and his story. And look how great it turned out.

And concerned spiderfan you nailed it.

#27 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

No its still a crappy, horrid, obnoxious version of Spider-Man. But to those that like the show more power to you.

#28 Posted by PunyParker (8948 posts) - - Show Bio

It's MADE for 8 year olds.....(dumb 8 year olds,but anyway.....when i was 8, Dysney was 'Alladdin' and 'Toy Story',and now it's that.....aaaaanyway) we should just live with that.....i dont watch it,and i wont watch it....

#29 Edited by TheBlackPeterParker (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel that the show would be way better if Nova, Powerman, Iron Fist, and the other chick wasn't involved.

I don't think the show is that bad, it's just a little to FamGuy-ish.

#30 Posted by segamarvel (565 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see the problem with the fourth wall breaking. Spidey's been doing it on and off sinice his first issue. And he does it constantly on his covers simply by either looking at the audience or interacting with the backround.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.