Everything You Need to Know Before Reading SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN

• 71 results
#1 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Excite.

#2 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Great video G-Man! So pumped for Superior Spider-Man!!

#3 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting the first issue because, hey first issue and all that(I just like getting them. It's a past time so sue me). I've gotten over most of my rage over this, but there's still rage there. However my thoughts on this whole thing?

#4 Posted by knightofthechronicle (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Really good G-man, I'll probably pick this up

#5 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

It's too soon. I still am recovering from issue #700

#6 Posted by Tmul501 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll pick it up. I'm probably going to pick up avenging as well. I think Dan is building up for a triumphant return of Peter eventually, and it will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Plus, Stegman.

#7 Posted by Icon (2085 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I need to know any more beyond what's in The Amazing Spider-Man #700 and I won't be reading this new series. Seriously, I wouldn't be able to spend money on it in good conscience.

#8 Posted by Shazam78 (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats G-Man I had no desire to touch Spidey when I first heard about this concept, but you peaked my interest.

#9 Posted by bunkerbuster05 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

There are quite a lot of haters on this whole thing. I love it. I mean, uh, COMIC BOOKS PEOPLE.

The crazier the idea, the more I love it. keep up the amazing superior work, Dan Slott!

#10 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

great video dude!

#11 Posted by bob808 (6779 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait for Superior Spider-Man

#12 Posted by CptPanda29 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior is not for me, maybe in a fair few years I'll pick it up in a collection - but it's a bit too much.

#13 Posted by dcfox (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Doc Ock, the worst haircut in comics right next to Guy Gardner.

#14 Posted by Bonzi161 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

My 2 cents for what its worth. i have never followed the regular spiderman series (i do follow ultimate but that does not come into play here) so as someone from the outside of this series looking in (and as a huge fan of change in comics, i loved when Dick took over for Bruce in batman) i think this could have been handled better, im all for a change to Peter (like the did in ultimate) but i just dont like THIS change it seems sorta half assed and forced... i guess i just would have rather seen him die... flat out... or anything really... i just dont like how this sits... but i could be wrong and maybe its just what this series needs (like i said i dont follow it) i would have just rather seen it happen in a different way.

#15 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2367 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because Dan Slott has some type of disguising doc Ock fetish where he likes to pretend he is Doc Ock we are stuck with this! This story is mediocrity at its finiest!

#16 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3928 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for future storylines where people find out the truth. Hey maybe Superior Spider-Man will meet Miles Morales.

Note: The voice-acting on this video is hilarious!

Also, what about Norman Osborn? I can't shake off the feeling that he's going strike against him soon.

#17 Posted by G-Man (36795 posts) - - Show Bio

@StMichalofWilson: That's what everyone keeps forgetting to mention. He woke up from his coma and escaped from the hospital in 698. Everyone was too focused on Spidey and Ock to mention it!

#18 Posted by feargalr (1166 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohh neat video idea!

#19 Posted by Master_Thief (774 posts) - - Show Bio

G man you and this site NEED to be on TV

#20 Posted by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

great vid very informative. Also I have to say the modern renditions of Doc Ock were doing nothing for me so I was surprised to see how good he looked in his original appearance, what with his distinct head shape.

#21 Edited by UrmanitaRules (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be honest: when I first heard about this, I was INFURIATED like everyone else was. But then I understood why Dan Slott did what he did, and now I have a new appreciation for the change. And sure, while Peter Parker may be "dead", said it himself: "It's not gonna last forever": that means maybe someday down this ride the Peter we all know and love will indeed return. But for now, I'm actually pretty anxious about how Otto will go redeeming himself, Peter having given him a second chance in life. To this, I say Dan Slott's got GUTS. And in comics, that's a MUST. And I applaud him for that.

#22 Posted by Mandrewgora (299 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the ending to 700, sure I can understand the hate, but I'm super excited for Superior. Awesome shirt (in the first half) by the way.

#23 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

looking forward to superior spider-man !

#24 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

So I watched the video and I feel like I missed something. How did mapping out Parker's brainwaves allow for Otto to make the switch?

#25 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a great video, well done Tony.

#26 Posted by Referee (8140 posts) - - Show Bio

It's time like this I wish I still collected comics.

#27 Posted by Empurios (94 posts) - - Show Bio

please Marvel stop killing peter parkers!

#28 Posted by GRIM_DADDY (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Let ocktoe spider begin...all hail OCKTOE! Great video G-MAN it was well done.

#29 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't know why they had to go about it this way. We already have a "Spider-man" looking to right past wrongs and start a new life in Houston. At least when reading about Kaine I don't have to be constantly plagued by that scratching feeling in the back of my head telling me that this forced, asinine stunt has no hope of surviving long and will be retconned in a matter of months.

I was actually watching Smallville the other day and saw the episode "Transference" in Season 4 where Clark and Lionel switch bodies. It is almost IDENTICAL to this. Lionel even has a change of heart from his evil ways at the end of the episode. I love Smallville, but it is no secret that any plot points used in one of those episodes should not be the main basis of an American icons final moments.

#30 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

the vid doesnt work for me for some reason!help :(

#31 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2276 posts) - - Show Bio

Watching the video now on youtube. I want to see Superior-Spider-Man fight Norman Osborne/Green Goblin and the Sinister Six (I don't mean the new ones they show in the preview). I mean the originals, Sandman and all that.

I am both excited and worried about reading Superior Spider-Man.

#32 Posted by HollowPrince665 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved this video. I cannot wait to pick this up and give SSM a try. I never read Amazing so I am hoping to enjoy this. I read 698-700 and Avenging 15.1 so I know what happened. I hope SSM is everything that Dan Slott has said it was. Based on the previews, I think it will be great.

#33 Posted by BR_Havoc (1331 posts) - - Show Bio

Again I feel this is a meh for me. I mean I read the dying wish arc twice and I still feel like it was a C rated story with terrible pacing. I will give Slott the first SSM story line to wow me but as of right now I could care less.

#34 Posted by derf_jenkins (414 posts) - - Show Bio

I am on board to see where this goes.

#35 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Did any off you see the picture of Stan lee ripping up this comic after he read it.

#36 Posted by CountMario (9 posts) - - Show Bio

That was photoshopped BlueArrow. it was actually a Death of Superman comic.

#37 Posted by G-Man (36795 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueArrow: What CountMario said, it was photoshopped.

Stan Lee did the letters page for 700. No way he'd do it if he was really opposed.

#38 Posted by leejunfan83 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow amazing story line

#39 Edited by freeballer (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhh.. He did roll over and die. And Otto's name will not be remembered, cause to the world he withered and died without that final diabolical scheme.. Total rip-off, bullshit, pain in the ass story and a pathetic end to a wonderful saga.

btw otto with a conscence is NOT otto. just as a phony putting on spidey's clothes, or this case body, doesn't make him spider-man

#40 Posted by tensor (4657 posts) - - Show Bio

Since peter is dead an gone, will there ever be a sense of humor to spiderman anymore?

#41 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

See this was excellent G-Man, I really needed to know in a concrete way what was going on here since I don't follow Spider-Man. I'm pleased to see how this turned out and I'm not so up in arms about this switcheroo now. I may actually try SSM come Wednesday now.

#42 Posted by spiderturtle (66 posts) - - Show Bio

A wild Mephisto appears!

#43 Posted by skyjumpermike (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

So I watched the video and I feel like I missed something. How did mapping out Parker's brainwaves allow for Otto to make the switch?

The same way a radioactive spider gives someone super powers... the magic of imagination.

#44 Posted by That60sGuy (288 posts) - - Show Bio

@skyjumpermike said:

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

The same way a radioactive spider gives someone super powers... the magic of imagination.

^^LMAO!!!^^

#45 Posted by Teerack (7083 posts) - - Show Bio

With a title like this the videos focus should be aimed at getting people to not read it.

#46 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark_Guyver: Well said.

#47 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

finally watched it...man,this all sounds so awesome and sad at the same time...ill definitely check our superior spiderman.

#48 Posted by CRTrobinson (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the video, very well done.

#49 Posted by toptom (1221 posts) - - Show Bio

great great video. even the soundtrack was good!

#50 Posted by Hermatt (70 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind this change. I don't love it, I don't hate it. I will be collecting Superior because I just love Spider-man whoever it is under the mask. Plus I think that this will lead into some pretty interesting stories. And G-man voice overs make everything easier to swallow.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.