Even More Characters Coming to Spider-Man's Cinematic Universe

Posted by k4tzm4n (39330 posts) - - Show Bio

We've heard for quite some time that Venom could potentially get a spin-off movie, but now Amy Pascal, the Co-Chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment, stated they have plans for a fair share of characters from Peter Parker's universe. Talking during a presentation to investors today, Pascal said, "We are going to access Marvel's full world of Spider-Man characters, so be on the lookout for new heroes and villains."

This should come as no surprise, really. Sony has already shown they'e massively invested in the franchise by announcing there will be at least two more Spider-Man movies, and, based on everything we've heard, we're going to see a whole lot of familiar faces in them.

While Venom's the most obvious choice for a spin-off, who else would you like to see get their own flick or leap into one of Parker's movies? Could the Sinister Six hold their own film? Cloak and Dagger? A new take on the Clone Saga featuring Kaine, Ben Reilly and the Jackal? Sound off below, friends.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opens May 2, 2014.

Source: The Wrap

Staff
#1 Edited by Oscars94 (2820 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cat please!

#2 Posted by sasquatch888 (508 posts) - - Show Bio

clone saga

#3 Posted by Lykida (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94 said:

Black Cat please!

What he said. And Cloak and Dagger. Or Scarlet Spider! And, of course: VENOM.

#4 Posted by dagmar_merrill (11968 posts) - - Show Bio

Kravens last hunt?

#6 Edited by Baconbot (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94: Would love to see Black Cat

Jackel and Cloak and Dagger would be great.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (38926 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by WWAJfan (269 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom..oh and would love to see Carnage

#9 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1580 posts) - - Show Bio

BLACK CAT!
BLACK CAT!
BLACK CAT!
BLACK CAT!

Oh and Anya Corazon!

ANYA!
ANYA!
ANYA!
ANYA!

#11 Edited by wildvine (10422 posts) - - Show Bio

Mysterio already

#12 Posted by Ando123 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior SPiderman

#13 Posted by Teerack (8685 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be hilarious and amazing to see Sony try to put the clone saga on the big screen xD

#14 Posted by TheMantisShrimp (315 posts) - - Show Bio

I think as wacky as Mysterio is he could be well portrayed in live action. Shocker would also be pretty cool.

#15 Posted by NINJAKe (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben or Kaine as scarlet spider

#16 Posted by mightyrearranger (1754 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spot :p

#17 Posted by cmaprice (840 posts) - - Show Bio

In the image above, they can't use Punisher, Kingpin, Juggernaut, or Doom as far as I know.

I'd love to see White Rabbit appear at some point, probably for comic relief, to show Spider-Man dealing with the delusional non-powered wannabe criminals of New York his presence inspires. Also, Hypno-Hustler and Frog-Man!

#18 Posted by Perfect 10 (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

still waiting for black cat to pop up. i love catwoman but they messed that one up. lets give felicia a try and THIS time get it right. make her a super cool theft ala tomb raider, not that hard to do

#20 Posted by GeekBait (789 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see the Sinister Six and a storyline inspired by the Ultimate Clone Saga happening. Also, this confirms that J. Jonah Jameson, Ned Leeds, Donald Menken, and Anne Reying all exist in the universe of the new movies. I definitely hope we see the Hobgoblin and Black Cat.

#21 Posted by 2cool4fun (1798 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cat

#22 Edited by Captain13 (4292 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Scarlet Spider/Miles Morales
  • Spider-girl
  • Spider-man 2099
  • Agent Venom
  • Toxin
  • Morbius
  • The (Revamped) Slingers--basically teen Avengers or Human/Superhero Ninja Turtles; they could even have Hornet be Miles Morales with special gauntlets that turn his stingers into projectiles
  • Black Cat
  • Hobgoblin
  • Sinister Six as an Ocean's 11 type film
  • Scorpion
  • Cardiac
  • Miles Morales!
#23 Posted by TheLastSonOfKrypton (221 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a Scarlet Spider movie.

#24 Posted by Captain13 (4292 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykida said:

@oscars94 said:

Black Cat please!

What he said. And Cloak and Dagger. Or Scarlet Spider! And, of course: VENOM.

Marvel Studios has the Cloak and Dagger rights, not Sony.

#25 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2495 posts) - - Show Bio

Mysterio! Could you imagine the special effects!! And I wouldn't mind seeing Scarlet Spider and Black Cat.

#26 Edited by Captain13 (4292 posts) - - Show Bio
Keep the Nipples

#27 Posted by LyraFay (2640 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cat! Even though she is clearly an Catwoman clone.

#28 Edited by powerflux (106 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see a villain go through a redemption arc, maybe the prowler? He could fight spiderman a few times, then have an internal struggle of returning to crime, or fighting crime. I could see molten man, or possibly doc ock if they play it similar to the spidermaan 2 version (which I doubt) but it would be nice to see what could've happened if he survived, struggling to remain in control of his body, against his tentacles

#29 Posted by Captain13 (4292 posts) - - Show Bio

#30 Posted by greenlucario (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Spider, Kaine (maybe even eventually a Kaine as Scarlet Spider film), and Hobgoblin. Black Cat would be great too. Probably wouldn't mind Carnage, but I don't think they could do him justice in a PG-13 movie.

#31 Posted by AllStarSuperman (25781 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Lykida (190 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by Renchamp (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenlucario said:

Probably wouldn't mind Carnage, but I don't think they could do him justice in a PG-13 movie.

That's what they said about Deadpool. Oh.

#34 Posted by Kiltro95 (306 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cat

#35 Posted by Z3RO180 (7534 posts) - - Show Bio

At the moment I'm not interested in ASM 2 because there is far to many characters.

#36 Posted by MannEffest (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Venom or Black Cat to first appear in Amazing Spider-Man, than have their own separate movie spin-offs (if done justice). But a Cloak and Dagger movie in the near future is a must!!

Or maybe "The Superior Foes of Spider-Man"?

#37 Posted by Bloxxeh (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Agent Venom. I think it'd be an awesome prequel to TASM 3/4.

#38 Posted by fil123 (677 posts) - - Show Bio

id ike to see the marvel now sinister six

#39 Posted by M1cAL (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cat no doubt. Miles Moreales would be amazing, but i think i'd rather them not do that over them doing it horribly.

#40 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (38926 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

At the moment I'm not interested in ASM 2 because there is far to many characters.

How is that?

#41 Posted by GeekBait (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: By Scarlet Spider/Miles Morales are you referring to an amalgamation of the two? That'd be a really cool way to bring Miles into the movies without having Peter die.

#42 Posted by Z3RO180 (7534 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Because it seems like they are trying to out due the avengers and they don't need to.

#43 Posted by Trevel8182 (755 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 2099

#44 Posted by milkylame (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Clone saga would be cool.

#45 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (38926 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@jonny_anonymous: Because it seems like they are trying to out due the avengers and they don't need to.

There really isn't that many characters in it

#46 Posted by danhimself (21225 posts) - - Show Bio

Doc Ock movie that sets up a movie based on the last arc of ASM then the Superior Spider-man movie

#47 Posted by thx1573 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Morbius. nuff said.

#48 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman 2099 or rights back to Marvel

#49 Posted by mtrakos (566 posts) - - Show Bio

Chameleon and Kraven would be bad ass. introduce eddie brock.

#50 Posted by deaditegonzo (3728 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom, the Lethal Protector, is all I could want.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.