End of Superior?

• 110 results
#101 Posted by ShrinkageNecrosis (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker:

Sometime ago I have read David Hine's "Impostors" and it blew me away, it was Beyond Dark, and the Best Batman story I have ever read (on par with Going Sane). When you read a comic book, writers often ignore regular citizens, it's normal to butcher them without any consequences, they are not even characters. The whole story theme was - Batman catches Joker and he runs away, and he catches him, and he runs again, again, again and again.... never ending cycle of madness. It was refreshingly dark to see villain winning, and full-out citizens' response to the madness. And after that I never looked the same way on comics, I wanted more stories with villains winning, with real consequences, stories with dark theme, and without that "catch and escape" cliché (like the real world works). Superior Spider-Man has given me everything I ever dreamed of.

#102 Posted by angelalfonso (970 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you know what could be worse than superior spider man?

Going to the restroom after the blob.

#103 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you know what could be worse than superior spider man?

Going to the restroom after the blob.

I don't know I think some may think it was Superior that was left in the toilet.

#104 Posted by PunyParker (9036 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker:

Sometime ago I have read David Hine's "Impostors" and it blew me away, it was Beyond Dark, and the Best Batman story I have ever read (on par with Going Sane). When you read a comic book, writers often ignore regular citizens, it's normal to butcher them without any consequences, they are not even characters. The whole story theme was - Batman catches Joker and he runs away, and he catches him, and he runs again, again, again and again.... never ending cycle of madness. It was refreshingly dark to see villain winning, and full-out citizens' response to the madness. And after that I never looked the same way on comics, I wanted more stories with villains winning, with real consequences, stories with dark theme, and without that "catch and escape" cliché (like the real world works). Superior Spider-Man has given me everything I ever dreamed of.

Yeah,ok,but Peter Parker is a complex character,who's expressing that "jokeiness" because he wants to hide this darkness he hides inside......you can build on that and make a lot of "dark" stories.

#105 Edited by angelalfonso (970 posts) - - Show Bio

@shrinkagenecrosis said:

@punyparker:

You could try todd mcfarlane spiderman his stories were really cool and had a dark touch.

#106 Edited by ShrinkageNecrosis (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker:

I'm sorry I just believe that characters shouldn't live this long (50 years, no joking). Yeah I want Batman and other old/overused characters to die. In my point of view the way Peter died, is the way of honoring character, by making him more realistic. I'm sick of these never-ending resurrections and other cheap stuff. So seeing SM dying like this is just wow (in a good meaning of words).

And I have read Back in black, honestly didn't like it, Peter's not my character; but Otto is, I just love scientific sociopaths, as for me he is very likeble.

Oh and my favorite Joker-line: "But hey! We've all gotta go sometime." Sigh... DC should have killed him years ago...

#107 Edited by PunyParker (9036 posts) - - Show Bio

@shrinkagenecrosis said:

@punyparker:

You could try todd mcfarlane spiderman his stories were really cool and had a dark touch.

Why are everyone prasing MacFarlane for this?....he was wrting?...NO!...David Michelinie was writing.

#108 Edited by PunyParker (9036 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker:

I'm sorry I just believe that characters shouldn't live this long (50 years, no joking). Yeah I want Batman and other old/overused characters to die. In my point of view the way Peter died, is the way of honoring character, by making him more realistic. I'm sick of these never-ending resurrections and other cheap stuff. So seeing SM dying like this is just wow (in a good meaning of words).

And I have read Back in black, honestly didn't like it, Peter's not my character; but Otto is, I just love scientific sociopaths, as for me he is very likeble.

Oh and my favorite Joker-line: "But hey! We've all gotta go sometime." Sigh... DC should have killed him years ago...

You're one of the "love to see em die" kind.I respect that.

#109 Edited by angelalfonso (970 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker:

I’m not talking amazing spider man, I’m talking “Spider man” the book marvel gave to him in order to silence him about his constant complains (he left marvel regardless of this)

#110 Posted by PunyParker (9036 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker:

I’m not talking amazing spider man, I’m talking “Spider man” the book marvel gave to him in order to silence him about his constant complains (he left marvel regardless of this)

Ah!.....ok,pass.

#111 Posted by 8008S (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually thought the Ghost Rider team-up and Perceptions arc were pretty good. Torment though...

#112 Posted by ShrinkageNecrosis (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@angelalfonso hm probably will check this out, I love old stuff.

@punyparker As much as I love Ock as SM, I understand that one day Slott will butcher him, I'm okay with that. I just hope he had interesting replacement planned. Honestly kinda surprised that he didn't killed Phil in the last issue. Was sure Hobby wouldn't leave Bugle alive.

#113 Edited by PunyParker (9036 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker As much as I love Ock as SM, I understand that one day Slott will butcher him, I'm okay with that. I just hope he had interesting replacement planned. Honestly kinda surprised that he didn't killed Phil in the last issue. Was sure Hobby wouldn't leave Bugle alive.

Probably Slott wont do it.....they will bring another writer to "resurrect" Peter,cause we already will have a graphic novel with Peter in '14 and the Marvel Knights in October....too many Peter stories.

Oh! and Be carefull with the one @angelalfonso proposed you......the protagonist is Peter Parker!....shocking right?!... :)

#114 Posted by ShrinkageNecrosis (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@shrinkagenecrosis said:

Probably Slott wont do it.....they will bring another writer to "resurrect" Peter,cause we already will have a graphic novel with Peter in '14 and the Marvel Knights in October....too many Peter stories.

Oh! and Be carefull with the one @angelalfonso proposed you......the protagonist is Peter Parker!....shocking right?!... :)

We both know that Slott loves to butcher characters. I'm sure he already thought of someway to kill Otto.

Haha, I'm alright with some Parker stories. Haven't read them too much (Slott's run mostly), but I loved SHED.

#115 Posted by acer51 (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: Nah. Peter's soul is pure anti-matter, which is what Mephisto needs to power up his weapon to use against the Gods who banished him to Hell in the first place. Peter's righteous soul was once part of an energy weapon that Mephisto had used during his invasion of Asgard when Odin destroyed it with Mjölnir. The energy from that weapon was dispersed into 5 separate souls that escape into 5 different dimensions. One of them became the soul of Peter Parker. This would be Mephisto's motivation to getting it back by creating a false deal with Peter into thinking that he will save his Aunt for his marriage, which was actually a contract to take his soul legally.

WTH??!! that sounds just crazy enough to be true. Unfortunaly as interesting as that theory is I'll never be able to believe you if you don't tell me where you read that. So if that's an actual story in the comics please refer me to the issue.

#116 Edited by PunyParker (9036 posts) - - Show Bio

@shrinkagenecrosis said:

@punyparker said:

@shrinkagenecrosis said:

We both know that Slott loves to butcher characters. I'm sure he already thought of someway to kill Otto.

Haha, I'm alright with some Parker stories. Haven't read them too much (Slott's run mostly), but I loved SHED.

If he's gonna kill Otto,it's gonna go down along with Pete's body.....that's what bugging me....

Wha-......WHAAAAT!!!!????????......"Haven't read them too much" AND YOU DARE TO TALK????!!!! REALLY!!!!???

Go and read ASM #300 and forth,along with all the Spider-Man titles out this time.....SERIOUSLY?!?......D.Michelinie,T.DeFalco,T.MacFarlane,J.M.S.,A.Mackie,Brian Michael Bendis,P.David..........and you have the mouth to talk about Superior....shame on you.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.