Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Edge of Time afterthoughts

kadosho_16bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By kadosho_16bit

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who left their thoughts about the game. I have never met an open atmosphere quite like this. Some usually degrade it to a discussion of what subject is better than the other. Again thanks to fellow members here, I will definitely more post often.

Afterthoughts - First I'm surprised at how short the game truly was. Shattered Dimensions felt a bit longer, given 12 chapters to cover as four various kinds of Spidey's. Herein Edge of Time, the chapters are unraveled by each segment taken upon either ASM or 2099. However each mission is shared, so I'm not quite sure how their broken up into between them. It works, but the game just feels rushed, but it does play better than SD.

Second, the dialog really was beefed up given a bit more closure between two main heroes. It no longer feels repetitive, and you won't keep hearing the same one liners over and over. Plus during some key moments both Spidey's share an argument of "making it to point B in one piece" or "hey mob of enemies, I'm kinda tied up here!" And I don't want to forget, that they also comment about the environments' change, especially when the space-time bridge begins to join the timelines in a fracture. Also loved how much both actors delivery into their roles! (you have to play this game to understand how different the dialog truly is)

Third, feeling dizzy, this was an interesting feature I haven't seen before. Sure its a small detail, but when you're being hit by energy waves, everything becomes distorted (I remember it was explored with SD when Noir was gassed then left vulnerable).

Fourth, what I actually miss was some of the first person segments, those were some interesting moments where you felt everything was in your face.

Fifth, storyline = I felt it was a solid and engaging ride. I met Peter David at a past Comic Con. And its great to see his writing style made into a game format. I would have loved to read a script only version of the in-game story. Plus there is a lot more detail in the character descriptions. And I also enjoyed how different both Spidey's actually were. Not by powers alone, but what they could handle (or reconnect with).. guided by a certain voice, or driven to save someone they love. And I won't give a way who the main villain is, longtime fans will be truly surprised!

Honestly, I'm torn on rating this better than SD. If it were a bit longer, I would gladly add more points to this entry. I give Edge of Time a 4 out of 5.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.