Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Earth-200253...Earth-194111

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zero edge

so while removing a bunch of useless crap on spidey's page I noticed that someone labeled the movies and cartoon as these Earths... never heard of them so I googled it and only came up in Marveldatabase... with no citations/sources.... so does anyone recognize this?

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Have any of the universe numbers been used anywhere outside of encyclopedias and a handful of comics? I swear they're some cruel obsessive compulsive accountant's joke on comic fans. I still don't get how a number is supposed to be easier to recognize than saying "Earth X" or "the one where Wolverine works at a deli", "2099", "AoA" etc. Bad enough having all the damn issue numbers stuck in my head.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Shaper

Um, I believe Spider-man TAS was a universe. Hobgoblin made a thread about it.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zero edge

Hobgoblin said that it said on wikipedia... and that it'd be cool if it really was true and that the exiles checked it out... but I checked wiki/marveldatabase (which is the only place that says this is the earth) and it had no citations or sources.
    Post Edited:2008-03-16 10:15:52

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Darkchild

hey Zero im gonna be sending u a pm in a few

and with the pm system i wanted to get ur attention before i did it

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zero edge

My PM's work fine so don't worry about it.

Oh and if no one responds then I'm just going to remove it.
    Post Edited:2008-03-16 10:16:37

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator

zero edge says:

"so while removing a bunch of useless crap on spidey's page I noticed that someone labeled the movies and cartoon as these Earths... never heard of them so I googled it and only came up in Marveldatabase... with no citations/sources.... so does anyone recognize this?"

Made up. Being the ultimate nerd i know most of the Earth numbers.

Shatterstar says:

"Have any of the universe numbers been used anywhere outside of encyclopedias and a handful of comics? I swear they're some cruel obsessive compulsive accountant's joke on comic fans. I still don't get how a number is supposed to be easier to recognize than saying "Earth X" or "the one where Wolverine works at a deli", "2099", "AoA" etc. Bad enough having all the damn issue numbers stuck in my head. "

They're used all the time in Exiles. Besides many earths are known only by number.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zero edge

fesak says:

"zero edge says:
    "so while removing a bunch of useless crap on spidey's page I noticed that someone labeled the movies and cartoon as these Earths... never heard of them so I googled it and only came up in Marveldatabase... with no citations/sources.... so does anyone recognize this?"

Made up. Being the ultimate nerd i know most of the Earth numbers."

Yeah it doesn't make sense anyways... why would these non-comics get their own Earth.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zero edge

So I guess that dead beat Superman should get an Earth too huh

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By fesak  Moderator

zero edge says:

"fesak says:
    "zero edge says:

Made up. Being the ultimate nerd i know most of the Earth numbers."

Yeah it doesn't make sense anyways... why would these non-comics get their own Earth."

There are a few movies and animated movies that has earth designations, supposedly they all do, but not many have been confirmed in official publications. For example the 1994 animated Spider-Man is Earth-9411.

Basically everything marvel has published and/or crossed over to also has earth designations. Army of Darkness is Earth-818793, the DC universe hasn't gotten an earth designation yet, but the crossovers are considered canon.

Also the earth designation for our world is Earth-1218.

Peteparker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Peteparker

Actually, the official designations for these universes are now listed in the All-New Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe Hardback editions.  Starting at the back of volume 2, and going until Volume 5.

At the end of all the universe listings, it says:

"For updates and the unabridged list, see http://www.marvunapp.com/master/earthteaz.htm#numbered."

So that website is the 'official' list of alternate Earth Numbers.  Though there's no listing specifically for the 1994 Spider-Man Animated series, which would indicate that it is likely to not be Earth-9411, but Earth-92131, (The "X-Men: The Animated Series" Reality), since the X-Men made several appearances on the Spider-Man series with the same voices and artwork.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Primmaster64

Oh yeah tas takes place on 194111

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.