Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

does anyone have high hopes for the future of Spider-man CU?

• 66 results
    Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

CU stands for cinematic universe

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i personally don't really think it could be fixed

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not with Phony Sony at the helm.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
    TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

ASM1 is one of my favourite CBMs of all time at a 9/10... and ASM2 is a 6/10, and so I loved ASM1 to death... and ASM2 is a huge disappointment and is mediocrely written - so, yeah, I do indeed have hopes for this series, considering I loved the first film and hope they'll return to that style of filmmaking, and not cram too much. Not saying I have a lot of hopes... but my hope isn't nonexistant.

- TAS

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Personally, I don't think it would end well if Sony is in control.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

They seem to be doing well so far

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They seem to be doing well so far

I loved ASM1 a lot, but ASM2 was a BIG disappointment. Well, then - glad you enjoyed ASM2! XD.

- TAS

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@magnetic_eye said:

- TAS

You wrote this....

"ASM1 is one of my favourite CBMs of all time at a 9/10... and ASM2 is a 6/10, and so I loved ASM1 to death... and ASM2 is a huge disappointment and is mediocrely written - so, yeah, I do indeed have hopes for this series, considering I loved the first film and hope they'll return to that style of filmmaking, and not cram too much. Not saying I have a lot of hopes... but my hope isn't nonexistant. "

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:

@punyparker said:

@magnetic_eye said:

- TAS

You wrote this....

"ASM1 is one of my favourite CBMs of all time at a 9/10... and ASM2 is a 6/10, and so I loved ASM1 to death... and ASM2 is a huge disappointment and is mediocrely written - so, yeah, I do indeed have hopes for this series, considering I loved the first film and hope they'll return to that style of filmmaking, and not cram too much. Not saying I have a lot of hopes... but my hope isn't nonexistant. "

Does it kill you that someone likes the new ASM films?

- TAS

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey:Like whatever you want.This is not the case.

You wrote that you have hope,and now you quoted my post which says that you dont.
    Decide,already.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

I have hope - not much though. If I were asked this question around ASM1's release, I would've answered "yes"... then Sony went with this crappy "Universe Building" route, so, with the franchise in Sony's hand... meh...

- TAS

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: My question is till un answered...which is it?!!.....you have or not?.....it either "i'm optimistic that Sony's gonna do stuff "or "I'm pesimistic that Sony's not gonna do anything to make Spider-Man better."

You know what,whatever.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: My question is till un answered...which is it?!!.....you have or not?.....it either "i'm optimistic that Sony's gonna do stuff "or "I'm pesimistic that Sony's not gonna do anything to make Spider-Man better."

You know what,whatever.

I'm in the middle...

- TAS

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
    BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

i personally don't really think it could be fixed

Same here

Absolutely.

I would really like to see my most favorite hero to be back in the spotlight with a bang though, but It's hard to imagine it's happening considering how badly Sony has messed up the whole franchise.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Yes, it will be fine. There's nothing broken.

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but a lot of people hated TASM 2 and so they will probably not watch TASM 3 thus ushering it to make less money and Sony having to reboot again or give marvel back spidey

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

but a lot of people hated TASM 2 and so they will probably not watch TASM 3 thus ushering it to make less money and Sony having to reboot again or give marvel back spidey

Sony didn't reboot Spidey because SM3 made less money. SM3 made a sh!tton of money. Sony rebooted their series because their actor and directors were being greedy as piss and couldn't come to a contract agreement.

TASM2 made 750 million dollars. They're not even close to failing box office wise. The movie would have to drop about 300-400m to make it unprofitable. Its not gonna happen.

And Sony won't give it back to Marvel. Its never gonna happen. And no one should want them to, because even if they gave it back today, you wouldn't see another Spider-Man film for 6 years. Marvel is too busy.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As well as the fact that ASM 2 was rushed, which was why it did not do as well as it might have.

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As well as the fact that ASM 2 was rushed, which was why it did not do as well as it might have.

well spider-man hasn't done so well his box office has steadily declined since Spider-man 3

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
    SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

As long as there are less writers, I`m good. Though, I think Sinister Six might be similar to TASM2, as in not having one main plot but different ones connected together.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: actually the movie didn't do well at the box office. Thanks to their meddling they lost 2.3 billion dollars.

Hopefully they don't meddle with the sinister six, female spin-off and the amazing spiderman 3.

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: actually the movie didn't do well at the box office. Thanks to their meddling they lost 2.3 billion dollars.

Hopefully they don't meddle with the sinister six, female spin-off and the amazing spiderman 3.

who do you think will be the lead in the female spidey spin off

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back to marvel pronto.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With one great movie followed by a weaker one, I'll wait and see. Maybe they'll learn from their mistakes or they wont. Either way, the Spider-Man universe moves on.

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With one great movie followed by a weaker one, I'll wait and see. Maybe they'll learn from their mistakes or they wont. Either way, the Spider-Man universe moves on.

true

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Nope, no hope at all, both movies sucked for me with ASM 1 being okay and ASM 2 medicore at best.

kaine_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TASM2 was the best spider man movie ever. Imean harrys acting was weak in this movie, but harry was corny in SM2.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By Bezza

Oh boy, here we go again, Sony are rubbish blah, blah, blah, ASM2 rubbish, blah, blah, blah! ASM2 wasn't half as bad as most people make out and even some people on this forum liked it at first and then went off it after a second viewing and presumably all the slagging off it got!

Having said that, there are things about the Amazing Spiderman re-boot that just aren't right and I cant say I am particularly optimistic for further films. I think the Norman/Harry Osborn characters are just wrong and I am not sure they are capable of carrying off the villains properly after screwing up Elektro and Rhino.

...but the Lizard was pretty cool and Sony did the first 3 films which in the main got a lot right.

So we shall just have to see. Would I like to see Spiderman back at Marvel Studios, yes, but it wont happen. ASM2 grossed plenty, not a lot for a Spiderman film maybe, but 2014 indicated a slight boredom of Superhero films from the public, with none of the Marvel character based films getting close to the billion mark...

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said: Marvel is too busy.

True.

I'm kinda hopeful though since Marvel Studios is now a big Hollywood player as well as owned by Disney, that effectively you have two studios consistently releasing movies.

I do wonder just how feasible it would be for the parent company to share resources and perhaps take on a Marvel project if they acquire the film rights to the rest of the Marvel characters. Touchstone Pictures is an American film production company and one of several film distribution banners of The Walt Disney Studios, owned by The Walt Disney Company. It typically releases films that feature more mature themes and darker tones than those released under the flagship Walt Disney Pictures label.

I like to think that it could be possible especially when you look at their most commercially successful production partners in later years have been Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Caravan Pictures, Summit Entertainment, Jerry Bruckheimer Films, Columbia Pictures, Warner Bros. Pictures, Icon Productions, Imagine Entertainment, Mandeville Films, Focus Features, Spyglass Entertainment and DreamWorks Pictures.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Disney/Marvel wants to buy Spider-Man from Sony, it will happen no questions ask. Marvel right now is content with letting Sony mess up Spidey because they kinda don't like the character and are confident they can survive without him because their MU verse is blooming and knows that. Maybe one day, someone will replace the current head of marvel studios with a person who loves Spidey and buys the guy back just in time for Avengers 4.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you know as much as i want to lower my expectations for the series and wanted the second film to be hated just to make sure the sequels do good i can't help be optimistic with the state sony is in leading to greater films in the webbverse and garfield especially with the MCU

Dalwih

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think if Spider-Man movies were to ever become popular again Sony needs to let go of the property. ASM 1 was pretty good in my opinion, I liked it! But sadly ASM 2 was a disappointment...a real disappointment...Sony is killing Spidey on the big screen, just let him go.

On another note, even if someone...lets say...Disney even, had acquired Spider-Man...we've had five Spider-Man movies on the screen already, two of them origin stories. Another one might not go well simply because people are becoming "Spider-Manned out".

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dalwih: i have a feeling marvel will announce spider-man in the mcu at SDCC

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bezza

..Marvel do not HATE spiderman, what rubbish. Spiderman is the best selling Marvel comic with a single character in it by miles....he is massively important to them, look at spiderverse and all the Spiderman stuff planned for 2015 and beyond. Sure Marvel don't own writes to the Spiderman CU, but I reckon Spidey will come back...perhaps a shared rights thing in Civil War or Avengers to test the water....

We DONT need another origin film and I agree people are Spidermanned out after 5 films in 12 years. Sony made a big mistake re-booting Spiderman so quickly....should have just carried on but with a different cast...

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

..Marvel do not HATE spiderman, what rubbish. Spiderman is the best selling Marvel comic with a single character in it by miles....he is massively important to them, look at spiderverse and all the Spiderman stuff planned for 2015 and beyond. Sure Marvel don't own writes to the Spiderman CU, but I reckon Spidey will come back...perhaps a shared rights thing in Civil War or Avengers to test the water....

We DONT need another origin film and I agree people are Spidermanned out after 5 films in 12 years. Sony made a big mistake re-booting Spiderman so quickly....should have just carried on but with a different cast...

this

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roy_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Roy_el

After watching amazing spiderman 2 I lost all hope.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Dude, Sinister Six movie!!!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingspiderman15:

Thanks!

Actually I was thinking the other day, imagine how much a really great Spiderman film would take at the BO. I mean ASM2 had crap reviews and a bad rap from the fans yet still took 700 million dollars. Spidey is one of the Big 3 comic book heroes along with Batman and Superman and its about time Spiderman fans had a Spiderman equivalent of Dark Knight Returns, or Cap America Winter Solider.... Having said that, you could argue that since Superman 1 and 2, Supes has had lousy films as well, so its not just Spidey who has suffered from films that have failed to be universally popular!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cattlebattle  Online

Sony didn't reboot Spidey because SM3 made less money. SM3 made a sh!tton of money. Sony rebooted their series because their actor and directors were being greedy as piss and couldn't come to a contract agreement.

Thats not true. Where do you come up with this stuff?? Raimi left for the same reason many directors detach themselves from films, the studio was too insistent about the plot, characters, and direction of the movie and naturally, because Raimi left, a lot of the actors like Tobey Macguire weren't interested after that so Sony decided to scrap the whole thing and just do a reboot.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

Thats not true. Where do you come up with this stuff?? Raimi left for the same reason many directors detach themselves from films, the studio was too insistent about the plot, characters, and direction of the movie and naturally, because Raimi left, a lot of the actors like Tobey Macguire weren't interested after that so Sony decided to scrap the whole thing and just do a reboot.

Even if I wasn't too lazy to find links - if they still existed - Tobey was suppose to get/want like a 50-60m deal from the movies and Raimi was wanting like a 250m dollar budget.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

The Amazing Spider-Man was okay, ASM2 was better but still not great, and Sony's overall plan to expand their Spider-Man CU just feels like a desperate attempt to look like they're "doing stuff" but instead are just trying to keep the Web-Heads movies rights.

Sony, just give Spider-Man back to Marvel and let him team-up with the Avengers already. -__-

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.