Do you think Spiderman gets the respect he deserves ?

#1 Edited by Spiderman1997 (732 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering about that lately so I wanted to share this with fellow viners and more importantly Spidey fans. The only times I've seen Spidey in an actually important thing were when he fought Terrax in Avengers EMH and the time he was being Hope's mentor in AvX . But once he was the most popular he was Marvel's Superman(in popularity of course), he was getting as much attention as any Avenger. But now it feels like Marvel has just dumped Spiderman. I mean Marvel's killing Peter in both Ultimate and 616 and don't get me started on The Amazing Spider-Douche movie right now. don't get me wrong I love Avengers but I just got tired of them. I wanna see underdogs like Spiderman and Wolverine on the rise once again. So I'm done for now . If you have any thoughts I'd love to discuss.

#2 Edited by Perethorn (3569 posts) - - Show Bio

I know a lot of people that thinks that Batman can beat Spider Man in H2H combat, so the answer is NO

#3 Edited by kostisfire (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no. Nobody respects him anymore and that's the main reason i was behind the Otto train. Otto, with his arrogance is proving to the rest of the Marvel U that he doesn't give a slack about them and that he's better. Is he a douche? Hell yeah. Do the others deserve it? Of course. I don't think anybody respects him. They think of him as a kid who doesn't shut up. When Quicksilver, a low b-lister makes fun of you, you know you are low on the respect chain. Otto i think, through his arrogance will change all that and make Spidey the poster boy of Marvel again.

#4 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6310 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, depends.

#5 Posted by knighthood (1725 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Not until Ben Affleck plays him.

#6 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Not until Ben Affleck plays him.

#7 Posted by JetiiMitra (8798 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no. Nobody respects him anymore and that's the main reason i was behind the Otto train. Otto, with his arrogance is proving to the rest of the Marvel U that he doesn't give a slack about them and that he's better. Is he a douche? Hell yeah. Do the others deserve it? Of course. I don't think anybody respects him. They think of him as a kid who doesn't shut up. When Quicksilver, a low b-lister makes fun of you, you know you are low on the respect chain. Otto i think, through his arrogance will change all that and make Spidey the poster boy of Marvel again.

That's a new way of thinking about it, and one I find really interesting, especially if it really is actually a brainwashed Peter. If Peter does come back, then everyone finds out "hey, this is what he could really do if he got tired of taking sh!t," and then they realize that he really does have a strong character and is a lot more mature than a lot of heroes give him credit for. To become a poster boy again though, I think he has to be established as a film cash cow for Marvel that could rival Avengers, and I honestly don't see that happening.

#8 Edited by kostisfire (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Yeah, until Marvel regains the film rights (i don't see that happening soon) Spidey will not be Marvel's poster boy. For me though, Spidey will always be the best superhero and Marvel's poster boy. Superman is the grandaddy, Spider-Man is the one who saved comics and Batman is the one who proved that comic movies can be deep. Spidey, Supes and Bats are for me the holy trinity of comics.

Anyway, back on topic, many give Slott a lot of slack but he's trying to make Spidey a relevant to the Marvel U character again. When Pete comes back i hope he keeps some of Otto's attitude.

#9 Posted by JasonHawke (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

I still respect Spiderman.

#10 Posted by JetiiMitra (8798 posts) - - Show Bio

@kostisfire said:

@mitran: Yeah, until Marvel regains the film rights (i don't see that happening soon) Spidey will not be Marvel's poster boy. For me though, Spidey will always be the best superhero and Marvel's poster boy. Superman in the grandaddy, Spider-Man is the one who saved comics and Batman is the one who proved that comic movies can be deep. Spidey, Supes and Bats are for me the holy trinity of comics.

Anyway, back on topic, many give Slott a lot of slack but he's trying to make Spidey a relevant to the Marvel U character again. When Pete comes back i hope he keeps soem of Otto's attitude.

Agreed on all points.

#11 Posted by PunyParker (12235 posts) - - Show Bio

From us...sure!
From Marvel....hell no!

#12 Posted by soduh2 (868 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Ryagan (1698 posts) - - Show Bio

No...no he does not.

#14 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13620 posts) - - Show Bio

i respect Spidey.

#16 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

not while slott writes him.

#18 Posted by HumanRocket (8932 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole superior spider man is a slap on the face to spiderman so no he doesn't get the respect he deserves.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.