Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Do you like Spider-Man being on a team?

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you like Spider-Man being on a team? (60 votes)

Yes, I like Spider-Man being on a team 58%
    No, Spider-Man should always stay solo 42%

I always thought it was kind of cool when Spider-Man is on a team (Avengers, FF, etc)

dat white suit lol

Am I the only one who thinks this or do people just prefer Spider-Man by himself?

• 
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

I like him being on Avengers, simply because I feel he's earned the right to be called an Avenger.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No, get dafuq on out of here, Spidey! I hear Cap's kicking SpOck out of the Avengers team...I've always preferred him as a solo hero, really.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yes, I like Spidey on the Avengers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

He's good in duos. Don't care for him in Avengers.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bigtewell

if its done right. i liked him on new avengers. and i would really love to see a story where cap trains peter to be able to lead the avengers one day. FF was perfect

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I mean I don't hate it but I'd rather he stay solo. Same for Bats.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like him being on Avengers, simply because I feel he's earned the right to be called an Avenger.

This. Also, "I'm an outcast at heart!" can only go so far when the guy's bonding with Matt Murdock, Wolverine, the FF, etc. Obviously that doesn't mean having every Spider-book filled with Avengers, but it doesn't harm the character to be in their books, imo.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if its done right. i liked him on new avengers. and i would really love to see a story where cap trains peter to be able to lead the avengers one day. FF was perfect

I second this right here :)

I personally think FF was a good fit, Avengers is too big of a team for Spiderman, FF was just right

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No maybe temporarily but not for long..

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

I liked him in FF but not in anything else

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By danhimself

This.

if anyone has earned it, it's Peter

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

This.

Indeed, no one should be arguing that Peter is undeserving of a spot on Avengers

The question is whether he would fit well on the team and perhaps even stay on it

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

@danhimself said:

@war_killer said:

This.

Indeed, no one should be arguing that Peter is undeserving of a spot on Avengers

The question is whether he would fit well on the team and perhaps even stay on it

One reason I like Spider-Man as an Avenger is during Dark Reign, when when the New Avengers were trying to contemplate how to deal with Norman Osborn, Spidey was the only who objected to the idea of killing Osborn. Even after everything Osborn had done to ruin Peter's life, he still believed that killing Norman was wrong and not what the Avengers stood for.

I like Peter being an Avenger, because when things aren't always black and white, when the tough decisions need to be made, Spider-Man is there to remind them what it truly means to be an Avenger.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By PunyParker

Bendis wrote him perfectly in the Avengers.......other teams?...no.

@mitranNot too many, like he was for a bit. Just one, and maybe reserve membership on others, like he was with the Avengers for a while.

He still is an Avenger.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

One reason I like Spider-Man as an Avenger is during Dark Reign, when when the New Avengers were trying to contemplate how to deal with Norman Osborn, Spidey was the only who objected to the idea of killing Osborn. Even after everything Osborn had done to ruin Peter's life, he still believed that killing Norman was wrong and not what the Avengers stood for.

I like Peter being an Avenger, because when things aren't always black and white, when the tough decisions need to be made, Spider-Man is there to remind them what it truly means to be an Avenger.

Thank You.Thoank You very much.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Spider-Man being on a team is like Nova being on a team: You shouldn't put him there unless you NEED him. And like Nova, Spidey isn't really needed on the Avengers. He has no niche to fill on the team. He's not the smartest. Not the best infiltrator,. Not the strongest, or the fastest. Not the most powerful, or durable. His powers fill no other role. He's just kind of a jack of all trades, master of none.

Hence why I can take or leave Spidey on the Avengers: I really only like Spidey on the team when their out of combat and just goofing off or talking in the Mansion/Tower. But I really like him when he's with the Future Foundation/Fantastic Four: There, he fills a niche: He's not as strong as Ben, powerful as Sue, or smart as Reed. But he fills a niche in that there's only one of each type on the team, so he's of use. In the Avengers, they've got a dozen super strong guys. A dozen super durable guys. A dozen power blast guys. And so on. Spidey's the FF's backup when he's with them, and he's their ONLY backup, which makes him valuable.

Avatar image for theblackpeterparker
    TheBlackPeterParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really, I always liked Spider-Man since he is almost a loner, sorta like me.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he has great interactions with his team members

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i like him when he's on the new avengers.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#21  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Phaedrusgr

I like him being an Avenger.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil and spiderman or Spiderman and Punisher or Spiderman and wolverine. Those are the only team ups I want to see.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was fun to see him interacting with them. I like the idea of some people knowing who he is. but I like him as a reserve member. And I will always love him being welcomed by the FF

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tigerkaya

No I prefer him solo but if their was one team he fits on it's the Fantastic Four. He has a great connection to the team through out their team ups and The Spider-Man and Fantastic Four mini series shows. His outing with Avengers have been weak at best. He provides nothing that the team already provides. Hawkeye fills the role of comedic, Wasp and Cap are stealth and Hank, T'challe and Tony are the brains. His role was like Wolverine, wallpaper. Only in the Fantastic Four did he feel organic with all the members.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Deranged Midget

No. I enjoy his team-ups with the Avengers and more so with the Fantastic Four but they should simply be guest appearances. While he's earned the right to be an Avenger, I feel like it takes away from his character and he's almost always poorly represented in a team environment.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like other people said. I like him when it's temporary team ups, but not really a fan when he's on a team.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Peter has definitely earned the right to be an Avenger but I don't like him on the team. I really enjoyed when he was in The New Avengers though, that just had a nice feel to it. Also, his guest team ups with FF were great too. Now it feels like he has to be on every team because he sells.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Peter more as a solo character, with team-ups from time to time, but I do like him in the avengers but not as a regular member.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I love crossovers and I love how the heroes interact with each other.

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By AllNewOverseer

I like him on a team but not really as a "main" Avenger. I prefer him as a mostly solo guy who is a reserve Avenger but a full member of the Future Foundation. Overall, a lesser member of any bigger team and being a main stay on a team that doesn't take much of his time.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Captain America himself did say that he though Peter would eventually the best Avenger out of all of them

Pretty high praise coming from one of the founding members

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Yes and I really don't get the reason why people feel him being on a team takes away from him. If anything it actually adds to the character.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I like Spiderman solo but working with allies here and there

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By christianrapper

isn't most of marvel on some kind of avengers team?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

isn't most of marvel on some kind of avengers team?

Yeah, but Spider-Man has earned the right to be called an "Avenger." Nowadays Marvel will make anyone an Avenger simply to draw new readers or as a ploy to draw in old ones, but Spider-Man has earned the right to be on the team.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey being on a team should be a default by nature. He's the Marvel's U most prolific hero and the companies mascot. It's like having Pikachu on a pokemon hero team as the main draw or the most common factor of being a flagship icon that represents all of the franchise. Spidey is too iconic and too vital to a mainstream audience to be a side character in any team up book, I hate that Captain America is the leader, Spidey should be the greater heroic symbol ergo a main Avenger whether he's qualified or not, not a back up reserve. He's the Marvel U's constant apotheosis of being the go to hero of heroes due to being Marvel's most famous and globally iconic.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he is awesome on a team

No Caption Provided

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally prefer Spider-Man to guest on teams from time to time, perhaps even as a temporary member, but otherwise I think he works better solo or a duo as in the classic Marvel Team-Up series.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Spider-Man intentionally tanked his first Avengers tryout, he was offered a spot on the X-Men. I honestly wish we could see a 'What if...' revolving around a 'yes' answer.

I also wish we could see a continuation of the 'What if...?' when he had gotten involved with Silver Sable at the end, with him as field leader of the Wild Pack.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally no. He's too cool for anyone else. Though I would love to see Spidey with daredevil or deadpool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.