Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Do you Agree with this video?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a42ac11a1d9e
    deactivated-5a42ac11a1d9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The old Spider-man movies vs the new Amazing spider-man movies.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im not even watching the video. the new spiderman movies are some of the worst films period. I think that garfield dude ruined his entire career from those, sony hated him, they had to give up the rights to spiderman sorta. The new movies were an abomination that probably turned a lot of kids off of spiderman. end of story

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I agree with most of their reasoning, but I disagree with the outcome.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both had their strengths and weaknesses, but neither were genuine faithful adaptations, largely because Phony Sony have got no idea or respect for the original source material.

For the best possible outcome, Marvel characters need to be handled by their parent company - Marvel Studios.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both had their strengths and weaknesses, but neither were genuine faithful adaptations, largely because Phony Sony have got no idea or respect for the original source material.

For the best possible outcome, Marvel characters need to be handled by their parent company - Marvel Studios.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By blackspidey2099

@magnetic_eye: From what I've seen so far of the upcoming movie, it looks like it will be horrible.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: From what I've seen so far of the upcoming movie, it looks like it will be horrible.

Yeah, it kinda hasn't gone according to what I was hoping to see in the new reboot. I would've preferred for Phony Sony to have no input whatsoever, but Amy Pascal is still involved to some degree. Marvel Studios need to have complete control over their characters, film rights and all.

I worry about Marvel using the "Vacation" screenwriters John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein. "Vacation" was literally such a CRAP movie. These guys have a very small back catalog of work and they're going to pen a type of John Hughes movie? I agree, it does sound horrible.

I do however understand why Marvel Studios are going the High School route to begin with. Hopefully after they get their trilogy of official Marvel adaptations out of the way, we will finally get to see a mature grown up adaptation.

Tom Holland is a great actor but so is Charlie Rowe, whom I preferred for the part. I think Charlie actually looks more like Peter Parker than Tom Holland. Holland and Rowe were the only two actors who wound up screen-testing twice for the part because Marvel and Sony couldn't make a decision. After the final round, the studios decided to officially go with Holland, though the exact reasons for their choice of one over the other hasn't been made clear.

I hate to think Marvel/Disney are trying to cut costs with such an iconic super hero as Spider-Man. You'd think they would be pulling all stops to hire the best suitable (A) list Directors and Screenwriters. This is after all their flagship character. They've been given an opportunity to get it right, but I'm not as enthusiastic about this film as I once was.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By blackspidey2099

@magnetic_eye: I agree. While I was very disappointed to hear Spidey in high school again, I soon got over that. What I can't get over is everything we've heard since then (especially that it's going to be like a John Hughes coming of age movie and that Tony Stark will be building Peter's webshooters (rumour)).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.