Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Disappointed Greatly-Superior Spider-man

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By PlasticBag

When Superior Spider-man was announced I was super excited that PETER PARKER was going to be darker and gain new powers! Of course it was recently announced that it wouldn't be Peter and also that MJ will be with the new Spider-man... what the f*&% that is all I have to say. I doubt I will pick up the series like really why a new person or old whatever to become Spidey leave it to Peter. Superior Spider-man why? Who do you think it will be? AND WILL YOU BE PICKING UP THE SERIES?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By cameron83

SERIOUSLY...NOOO

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fodigg

@PlasticBag said:

When Superior Spider-man was announced I was super excited that PETER PARKER was going to be darker and gain new powers! Of course it was recently announced that it wouldn't be Peter and also that MJ will be with the new Spider-man... what the f*&% that is all I have to say. I doubt I will pick up the series like really why a new person or old whatever to become Spidey leave it to Peter. Superior Spider-man why? Who do you think it will be? AND WILL YOU BE PICKING UP THE SERIES?

Wut? I must have missed that. Are you sure it wasn't "MJ will be the new Spider-Man?" Because I'd actually be excited about that.

Edit: Anyway, I think it's either Brock or Kaine, and that's lame.

SpideyFan113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SpideyFan113

I've lost faith in Slott, I never thought I'd say that. I'm actually sad to be saying that cuz I love the way Slott writes Spider-man. How can Marvel allow them to do this? Literally every single fear I had for 700 seems to be happening. I just hope this series won't last long and they'll bring back the original. As a Spidey fan since I was 3, this is the biggest disappointment of my life; and I lived through One More Day!!!

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Duke_Nasty

Why don't you let things unravel before we start crying.

EnlloLeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EnlloLeal
    No Caption Provided
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By John Valentine

@EnlloLeal said:

No Caption Provided

So true.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Billy Batson

Complaining about something that hasn't happened yet, lol.

BB

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CrimsonCake

At first I thought it said MJ will be the new spider-man...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By PunyParker

MJ the new Spider-Man(woman) ?????

What the fuck?? i didnt know that?????

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?? PARKEEEEEERRR!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Strider1992

Again I still believe your jumping to conclusions. The Spider-man being another character in my opinion is simply a metaphor for the fact Spider-man will no longer consider himself to be the good ol Peter Parker due to his darker morals.

Dan Slott has already said we have taken what he's said out of context:

Dan Slott
    Cause people are getting the quote wrong. I said something VERY specific and people are paraphrasing it and changing the meaning.

It IS going to be Peter Parker. The whole thing is a metaphor and we are all freaking out for no reason.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By fodigg

@Strider92: I almost wish it weren't. I don't want to see a "darker and edgier" Parker. That hasn't worked out in a while. It sucked in Back in Black and it wasn't great in The Other.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strider1992

@fodigg said:

@Strider92: I almost wish it weren't. I don't want to see a "darker and edgier" Parker. That hasn't worked out in a while. It sucked in Back in Black and it wasn't great in The Other.

I agree that Peter being darker and edgier permanently would not appeal to me (especially as we have Kaine for that) I did enjoy Back In Black so if the change isn't permanent I could get on board with it for a while.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By TDK_1997

Well,I'm curious for what will happen so there is no possible way for me not to pick up this series.

Gonzo33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gonzo33

Slott says it'll all make sense by the end of #1. I trust the man.

BigMaraSpence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BigMaraSpence

I can't help but think that Peter is going to be brain-washed by Doc Ock. I feel that since Slott has implied that Spidey will be Parker with a darker personality, and we know that Ock knows his secret identity before he dies, the doctor will do something to hurt spider-man's legacy. Slott could go ahead and have Peter have to kill Doc Ock because there is no other alternative, but I feel that killing a major villain isn't a "huge thing."

We all know that death isn't permanent, and Marvel could decide to bring Doc Ock back at anytime for a number of poorly designed reasons. Why not mess with the idea of what Spidey represents and how the general public will view him? I find that to be a better spin than "had to slit Doc Ocks throat, now I'm all sad, QQ."

gui22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By gui22

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/14/nycc-the-amazing-spider-man-panel-recap

I don't even know what to say. Parker is Spider-Man. What the hell, Marvel? Even with Amazing Spider-Man (movie)? Anyways...ideas? Harry Osborn?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Strider1992

@gui22 said:

I don't even know what to say. Parker is Spider-Man. What the hell, Marvel? Even with Amazing Spider-Man (movie)? Anyways...ideas? Harry Osborn?

Damn if it really ain't Pete then its either Kaine or a Peter/Queen Hybrid. Yost moving to Avenging makes me think it could be Kaine.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By danhimself

@Strider92 said:

@gui22 said:

Damn if it really ain't Pete then its either Kaine or a Peter/Queen Hybrid. Yost moving to Avenging makes me think it could be Kaine.

it was said that Kaine would have reactions to the new Spider-man...so that kind of leads me to believe that it isn't Kaine...also Scarlet Spider is still going through Marvel Now....also just for the person above that I don't feel like scrolling up to quote....Venom/Flash is moving to Philly in Marvel Now so it's not Venom either

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Strider1992

@danhimself: If thats true then in my opinion its the Queen/Peter hybrid the Jackal is cooking up. I really can't think of anyone else it could be especially as Slott said "The Superior Spider-Man has serious Spider-Man pedigree." Its gotta be someone that we either know or knows how to use their abilities and its related to SM in some capacity. So yeah i'm going to go with the hybrid.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Imagine_Man15

@Strider92 said:

@danhimself: If thats true then in my opinion its the Queen/Peter hybrid the Jackal is cooking up. I really can't think of anyone else it could be especially as Slott said "The Superior Spider-Man has serious Spider-Man pedigree." Its gotta be someone that we either know or knows how to use their abilities and its related to SM in some capacity. So yeah i'm going to go with the hybrid.

Agreed. It certainly seems like the most likely option.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By danhimself

@Strider92: Ben?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Strider1992

@danhimself: Probably a new guy. My theory was that at the end of Spider-island the Jackal took a sample of the Queen's DNA and said he had big plans for it and Peter. If he were to create a hybrid between the two the Spider-man would be far superior in terms of power (being able to control people with the insect gene, claws, organic webbing etc....) and also the Queen is a mutant. Mutants are classed as Homo-Superior. That could also be were the name Superior Spider-man comes from. As he would technically be a mutant.

The DNA the Jackal has of Parker is old and back from the time Peter and MJ were still a couple. In the cover of SS 2 it shows MJ pretty shocked at being kissed. A fresh Parker clone would still be under the impression that they were still a couple. Hence his eagerness and her reluctance in the image.

I really can't think of anything else lol and i've been wracking my brain for who else it could possibly be.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SandMan_

Let's see what happens...

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PlasticBag

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Billy Batson said:

Complaining about something that hasn't happened yet, lol.

BB

Well excuse me.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By Gambit1024

We could just..... Wait until the issue comes out....

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By r3d_rob1n

@Gambit1024: That is way too logical and level headed. How dare you suggest such a thing?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Gambit1024

My apologies. I was way out of line... OMG DAN SLOTT WAT R U DOIN? STAHP! BERN DA WITCH!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92 said:

Again I still believe your jumping to conclusions. The Spider-man being another character in my opinion is simply a metaphor for the fact Spider-man will no longer consider himself to be the good ol Peter Parker due to his darker morals.

Dan Slott has already said we have taken what he's said out of context:

Dan Slott
    Cause people are getting the quote wrong. I said something VERY specific and people are paraphrasing it and changing the meaning.

It IS going to be Peter Parker. The whole thing is a metaphor and we are all freaking out for no reason.

I REALLY hope you re right.....if it is Pete,then im fine....darker,and still wise cracking(witch is not possible) is good....dont cut the humor please....

And they really must understand that Black-suit Spiderman is one thing and what they try to make now is another....dont screw this up...

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RedOwl_1

F*CK NO, If my Spidey isn't Peter I'm done D:<

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By animehunter

Me,

I wouldn't mind Peter not being Spider-Man, he earned the rest/retirement, but only if he still play a pivotal role in the book, as either a mentor, tech guy or both, at the very least something that allows him to make an big impact in the book and the Marvel Universe.

The only thing I very much, completely and utterly mind, is if Mary Jane isn't really going to be with Peter Parker, they have been, at least to me, the one of the best, if not the best, couple in Marvel for a long time and in previous issues they seem to point at a possibility of them getting back together, for instance Peter tells Silver Sable (Hope she comes back soon), after turning her down, he wanted to be worthy of MJ and near the end of the Spider-Island arc MJ whispered "I love you" to Peter which he did not hear and granted he was wearing his costume at the time, She even bought a nightclub in his honor, so that they can celebrate his victory after Ends of the Earth. So the fact that they might not end up back together, reeeeaaaalllly does not sit well with me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.