Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Did Spider-man grow back his eye after Morlun ate it?

Avatar image for webhead_america
    Webhead_America

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Webhead_America

I have looked for this answer everywhere and have not been able to find it. So I am wondering if anybody here knows if he is our one eyed friendly neighborhood spider-man now.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2  Edited By The_Martian

He grew his eye back like the next issue.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ARMIV

Wait, what?
    Webhead_America

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Webhead_America

Tanks a lot, by any chance do you know what issues this all occurred in the fight, the feast (of his eye), and the regeneration?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Martian
    Webhead_America

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Webhead_America

The Amazing Spider-Man # 526

Spider-Man is found by Morlun at the Daily Bugle and the begin battling. Spider-Man tries to lead Morlun away from people, so he moves the battle over to Empire State University. During the battle, Peter says that he has never been hit so hard, comparing Morlun's strength to that of the Hulk, whom he has faced numerous times. At the end of the battle, Morlun rips out Peter's eye and eats it, leaving him to die as the police show up.

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man # 3

Peter is taken to the hospital after his battle with Morlun. The Avengers and Mary Jane go to check on him at the hospital, where they are told that he is not going to make it. Morlun makes it to Spider-Man's room before they do and is about to finish him off when Mary Jane attacks. Morlun knocks her back and, seeing this, Peter gains the strength to fight on. With stingers protruding from his wrists, eyes glowing red, and needle-sharp fangs, he tackles Morlun. stabbing and biting him. After this Peter dies as well.

Wow this happened in 2 separate comics on Wikipedia the way that it is written makes it seem that it happened in the same comic or the issue after not two completely different story arcs.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Martian
    @Webhead_America:  It's Wikipedia.
    Webhead_America

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Webhead_America

isn't that what I have written?

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By zombietag

ps that tattoo is fake...

Webhead_America

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Webhead_America

Well its not mine I found it online so frankly I don't care if its real or fake its just a cool looking tat.

Avatar image for naruto__uzumaki
    NARUTO__UZUMAKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this means if Spiderman is enraged he transforms?? Can he always do that upgrade transformation?? And regenerate?? If so then no one ever pushed him thus far aside from morlun

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So this means if Spiderman is enraged he transforms?? Can he always do that upgrade transformation?? And regenerate?? If so then no one ever pushed him thus far aside from morlun

Spider-man's "The Other" powers were retconned with the Spider-Man: One More Day event and Spider-Man Brand New Day.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zarius

@kcomicfan said:
    @naruto__uzumaki said:

Spider-man's "The Other" powers were retconned with the Spider-Man: One More Day event and Spider-Man Brand New Day.

Not exactly retconned, they apparently still happened, but were handwaved as being rejected by Peter (or the other way 'round) and they ended up with Kaine.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kcomicfan

@zarius: That is true. I was just simplifying it so that it is easier to understand.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: That is true. I was just simplifying it so that it is easier to understand.

Fair point. Comics can give you a headache if you're not careful.

NARUTO__UZUMAKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan: Who is to say that can't happen again? I mean the other powers came outta nowhere to begin with his rage is a steady thing in the series and his abilities always been underestimated being able to go blow for blow with guys like hulk,venom,morlun,firelord etc we cant seem to understand thus guy called Spiderman and where his true limits lay he has feats that put him near low herald level on rare occasion I just don't understand why they constantly make him this weak all the time when CLEARLY on occasion he shown he can beyond street level its so annoying beating a guy like morlun who said himself huts as hard hulk beating hulk himself more than once in a one on one I don't understand smh

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@kcomicfan: Who is to say that can't happen again? I mean the other powers came outta nowhere to begin with his rage is a steady thing in the series and his abilities always been underestimated being able to go blow for blow with guys like hulk,venom,morlun,firelord etc we cant seem to understand thus guy called Spiderman and where his true limits lay he has feats that put him near low herald level on rare occasion I just don't understand why they constantly make him this weak all the time when CLEARLY on occasion he shown he can beyond street level its so annoying beating a guy like morlun who said himself huts as hard hulk beating hulk himself more than once in a one on one I don't understand smh

The Other was a mystical thing, it wasn't inherent to Peter's biological powers.

NARUTO__UZUMAKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Ohhh interesting so this mystical thingy is apparently attached to silk as well "the bride".. ? Is all spider ppl sought out by the other n the bride

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kcomicfan

@naruto__uzumaki: The Other is a mystical entity and its current host is Peters clone Kaine. So unless he dies Peter won't get his "The Other" powers back. And even if Kaine does die, I doubt Marvel would give Peter his "The Other" powers back as they went out of there way to Retcon it.

Peter can go from Punching the Hulk to loosing to a few thungs because it is comics, and the writers need to fit Peters powers into the story they are trying to tell. There is no other explanation.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zarius

@naruto__uzumaki said:

@jonny_anonymous: Ohhh interesting so this mystical thingy is apparently attached to silk as well "the bride".. ? Is all spider ppl sought out by the other n the bride

The bride, the Other and the Scion (Peter's son) were all connected in the prophecy to bring about the end of the Inheritors...an additional twist for the Bride was teased in Spider-Verse but it seems to have been largely forgotten about now that Silk is no longer written by Slott.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.....he ATE his eye?

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kcomicfan
    kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a great story

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan: idk, I thought I typed something in. I forgot what it was but damn...that's gruesome.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.