Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Definite Spoiler for ASM #700.

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tomchu

I'm not sure if this is fake or not, but I found somewhere on the net this:

http://i.imgur.com/HW8Xb.jpg

On the remote chance this is real, then DONT CHECK IT OUT.

But for those who are curious enough to sneak a peak. Real or Fake? Looks pretty legit to me.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

Dan Slott's reponse:

Well, I guess Spider-Man-wise *I* am going off the internet sooner than I'd planned. NO SPOILERS from me on ASM #700, I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd do the same.

A story is a beginning, middle, and end IN CONTEXT.

A story is in the telling-- NOT in the second hand recounting by others.

If anyone put their mind to it they could tell the world's worst beat-for-beat version of Citizen Kane or A Charlie Brown Christmas-- and with very little effort, make them sound horrible. It's not that hard to do.

Please do us the favor of reading the story as WE intended it.

Please look at this story with pages shown IN their entirety, instead of partially chopped and framed to highlight SOME dialogue but LEAVING other parts out.

Please let us tell you our story.

It's a story I've wanted to tell for some time.

It's a story we've seeded for ONE HUNDRED ISSUES.

This is not a fly-by-night gimmick or slapped together plan.

This three part arc-- and especially this FINAL CHAPTER-- is my favorite story I've ever told in comics!

I am VERY proud of this one-- and ALL the hard work and stunning artistry Humberto Ramos, Victor Olazaba, Edgar Delgado, and Chris Eliopoulos delivered on the page. Hell, our editorial team of Steve Wacker and Ellie Pyle worked tireless hours THROUGH A HURRICANE to get this to you!

Please, please, please let us do our jobs and present this project that we all care about TO YOU in the manner with which it was designed.

End of the day, we want to entertain you. And if you give us a FAIR chance-- in our OWN words-- with the pictures presented in their best light, complete correct and full order-- you'll experience one helluva tale.

That's all I've got to say about all things going on INSIDE the Spider-Man books till the new year.

(I'll probably drop some Birthday wishes, Happy Holidays, and New Years tweets. Talk about he Hobbit. And the new Doctor Who X-Mas Special. But Spidey story-stuff? Nope. See you in January.)

ttyl

Dan

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xblah_blahx

I can't pull the pic up on my phone. Does it say who SSM is?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6179a9df861
    deactivated-5d6179a9df861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hotdamn. Well I'm actually fine with it. It is not going to last forever anyway. Can't wait to read the full issue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6179a9df861
    deactivated-5d6179a9df861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dark_Guyver: Yes but, it's only a scans it could be out of context.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

Basically this new Spider Man is going to do what Kraven did to Peter.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tomchu

I'm still pretty excited overall. I mean, a part of me hopes the scan isnt true, or we're missing some detail here.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Magian

@pulseangel666 said:

@Dark_Guyver: Yes but, it's only a scans it could be out of context.

Who is it then? Because I didn't get it.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By turoksonofstone

yup, Spidey used to be the best. Cheap treatment.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By PunyParker

I only read the comic pages....i didnt understand who Superior is.....

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tomchu

I feel like it was implied in the last page:

"Better yet with my unparalleled genius-"

Sounds kinda Otto Octavius-like.

But from what I can infer, it sounds like Spider-Man rewrote Octopus' brain so that they have some sort of weird Oct-Parker merge. If what Marvelous said in his post is true...

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Pyrogram

@PunyParker: Doc Ok I think, this actually looks really good.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By John Valentine

Oh, sh!t....

Peter and Doc Ock are effectively merged. Hopefully Peter's memories/personality will take over eventually. I'm willing to bet that Peter's consciousness is still in there somewhere. There has to be some way to erradicate Doc Ock's personality and bring back Peter.
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PunyParker

IF its Ock we have a hope of a Peter return.....SOMEONE READ THE FREAKING PREVIEW....i cant i will feel guilty...

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dhor

so why does he need claws ?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PunyParker

@Dhor said:

so why does he need claws ?

Answer: Superior Spider-Man #1....noone knows

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dhor

@PunyParker: i was just sayng that it doesen`t make sence if it`s still peters body...

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tomchu

I say this doesnt last forever.

This is going to retcon sometime.... sometime.... sometime...

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By Strider1992

Saw this on 4Chan last night. I'm pretty sure its legit. Why did you spoiler it for everyone? :(

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Strider92: He said spoiler in the title. Can't get much more of a spoiler warning. 
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Strider1992

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Strider92: He said spoiler in the title. Can't get much more of a spoiler warning.

Fair Point it just makes me sad when big plot points get leaked T.T

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tomchu

@Strider92 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Fair Point it just makes me sad when big plot points get leaked T.T

Lawl, Second Word in the title bro.

But yeah, I almost wish I didn't find it.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strider1992

@tomchu: Yeah 4chan has a habit of making you see things you wish you hadn't rofl

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lamenoire

it is not because you warn people it is a spoiler that you are not spoiling it for everyone : there will always be jackass who will see his tread and the spoil it for everyone on other thread...

I honestly don't see the point in revealing a leaked picture to every one.... spoil their surprise or just being the one who reveal what will happen

The original thing is down by the way

Shinjiro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shinjiro15

Seems like a cop out that ock wants to be spiderman. Good call on the kravens last hunt parallel. I dont think its a total merg bc on the previews ssm specifically mentions parker. This is going to ock in peters body and then somehow pete planted a part soul/mind until it grows and takes over (onslaught). Would have been way better to have miguel and see him adjust to the expectations and living in the present

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

This is so bad. The only amazing thing about Slott's run is that it manages to get worse and worse. Almost impressive.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By VeganDiet

Can I just thank the OP for actually marking this as a spoiler? Because some asshole posted this on tumblr completely unmarked as a spoiler and ruined it for me. Awesome.

And honestly, unless something in the full version of 700 happens to change my mind, I don't think I'm gonna read Superior Spider-man

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lamenoire

Since the whole thread is a Spoiler I won't use the Spoiler thing (If you haven't read the spoiler, but you are reading people talking about it you are quite stupid) 

Otto is what Peter would have become without Uncle Ben raising him (you probably all know that otto has been raised by an abusing mother). 

So by changing his memories (by making him thinking Ben actually raised him), Peter probably changes Otto. 
    Let's be honest. Doc Ock is not becoming Spider-Man. It is Otto OCTAVIUS with every one of Peter Parker memories.  So it is basically a mix of Parker and Octavius.  
    Would you be who you are without your memory ? Memory is a large part of our personnality and our identity.

And I think Otto trying to be a better man, and respecting his archnemesis dying wish (it seems to be PARKER's dying wish according to the link  tomchu posted), could be an interesting story. I will give this story a chance. 

And to the one complaining : damn it. you haven't read 700. only one page. At least wait to read it before bitching about it. a lot of people were complaining about 698 before reading it, and it was a great read.
    SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SmashBrawler

Since this whole "Who is Superior Spider-Man!?" thing was starting to piss me off, I actually don't care about being spoiled. I'll wait 'till 700 comes out before commenting on the matter, though.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Strider1992

@Lamenoire: The only problem i have with this is that Otto seems to be the only personality in Superior. I would quite happily except a Peter/Otto hybrid who was equally part of both but Otto with Pete's memories doesn't sit right with me. For one Spider-man and MJ are getting back together which means Otto will have slept with both Pete's aren't and his girlfriend (dear god the horror) which is very messed up. Maybe gradually Superior will become more of a hybrid of the two but I don't like just Otto as Spider-man that seems pretty sick to me considering the past.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Lamenoire said:
    Since the whole thread is a Spoiler I won't use the Spoiler thing (If you haven't read the spoiler, but you are reading people talking about it you are quite stupid) 

Otto is what Peter would have become without Uncle Ben raising him (you probably all know that otto has been raised by an abusing mother). 
    So by changing his memories (by making him thinking Ben actually raised him), Peter probably changes Otto. 
    Let's be honest. Doc Ock is not becoming Spider-Man. It is Otto OCTAVIUS with every one of Peter Parker memories.  So it is basically a mix of Parker and Octavius.  Would you be who you are without your memory ? Memory is a large part of our personnality and our identity. And I think Otto trying to be a better man, and respecting his archnemesis dying wish (it seems to be PARKER's dying wish according to the link  tomchu posted), could be an interesting story. I will give this story a chance.   And to the one complaining : damn it. you haven't read 700. only one page. At least wait to read it before bitching about it. a lot of people were complaining about 698 before reading it, and it was a great read.
    Great, ridiculous, idiotic, terrible, all interchangeable words in your sentence. 
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Strider1992

@FadeToBlackBolt: Although I don't much like this idea you've got to admit its going to be fun when Superior meets Scarlet Spider. Kaine did murder Ock after all. When and if Kaine finds out what Ock's done things aren't going to be pretty.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Strider92: Honestly, I just can't see how any of this is appealing. Slott's whole run has been people being better Spider-Men than Pete, and now he's got Doc off doing it too? And worse, he's just stolen every part of Pete? Ock has Peter's consciousness, he has his mind, memories, he has his soul, and for what purpose? To sell a few more comic books in the hope that the SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN name draws in new readers?  Kaine will meet him and they'll fight, or Kaine won't realise it's not Pete, and it'll just be the same old generic crap. I love Spider-Man and I loved Dan Slott, but this is just terrible storytelling. Doc Ock assimilated Peter Parker's identity, in no realm of storytelling is that a good plot. Slott sacrificed everything that made Pete who he was, and he really has no reason to justify why, other than "I couldn't think of anything better".  

It made sound like I'm just being a hater-douche, but I wanted to love this run, I wanted it to be amazing, and it has just let me down over and over.
    CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CBninja

I prolly won't pick up superior spider man if it turns out to be ock in peters body. Oh maybe Kaine will murder Ock again. That would be nice lol

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Strider1992

@FadeToBlackBolt: I understand. When I found out I was disappointed too. I'm hoping that this is just temporary (ie: 6 issues) before Peter forces Ock out of his head :(

@CBninja said:

I prolly won't pick up superior spider man if it turns out to be ock in peters body. Oh maybe Kaine will murder Ock again. That would be nice lol

If Pete does stay as Ock then I want this to happen too!

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Strider92: That's the thing though, if it only lasts 6 issues, then why do it in the first place? This is a BIG deal, and I don't mean that in a "Nothing will ever be the same again" Marvel solicits way, I mean in the "possibly desecrate the character forever" kind of way. This is worse than the Ben Reilly fiasco. Doc Ock has the capacity to be Peter Parker. If Peter-1 dies and Doc Ock decides to act in the way that his Peter-memories and experiences dictate, then is Peter Parker still alive?  

This might be touched on in a "Peter's brain is making Ock a good guy" kind of way, but the trouble is that you have now got a villain who is the hero. The hero doesn't need to exist. All conflict now occurs within the villain's psyche. The hero has been made redundant in his own series. Peter Parker doesn't exist any more, there are just two routes for Doc Ock to walk now.
    CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CBninja

Wait a sec. There is a solicit for DD when he teams up with Superior to tackle stiltman and DOC OCK! Who the @&$% is this "new" per say doc ock.

CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CBninja

Sorry for the double post, but the thing that gets me is if Peter in Ocs body decides to somehow change Ock in Peters body and then the real Peter dies then that means Ocks body dies, so basically no more Doctor Octopus. The issue is Daredevil 22 btw that they team up and it says Doc Ock. I think there is more to 700 than the spoiler is letting on. Cause if Peter lives through this is and gives ock his blessing then there would be no reason to attack him.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @CBninja said:
    Sorry for the double post, but the thing that gets me is if Peter in Ocs body decides to somehow change Ock in Peters body and then the real Peter dies then that means Ocks body dies, so basically no more Doctor Octopus. The issue is Daredevil 22 btw that they team up and it says Doc Ock. I think there is more to 700 than the spoiler is letting on. Cause if Peter lives through this is and gives ock his blessing then there would be no reason to attack him.
    Might be a new Doc Ock. Or! Doc Ock built a LMD to throw anyone off the scent that something is up with Spider-Man. 
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By z3ro180

looks legit

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42  Edited By kingjoeg

F**k that, not wasting my money on superior spider-man now. Nobody is going to prefer this change over the usual.

DMXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DMXN

I wouldn't mind if somebody else would become Spidey, even Otto, BUT NOT IN PETER'S BODY, that's just wrong on so many levels. And I don't think Peter is gone from comics, cause they can't kill such a good character, like that, not even in his own body. Peter did not deserve such death. If Dan wanted to kill Peter he at least could have killed him in a heroic battle, not like a villain.

Dalwih

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dalwih

@FadeToBlackBolt: Your Icon is pretty much how I feel after reading the scan

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tomchu

I'm still trying to be optimistic. I mean, they could be leaked to infer something we're over reading right?

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lamenoire
    @Strider92 : We only saw 2 pages of Superior, where he treats supervillains with contempt. it is not enough to know if his personality changed.  

From what I understood from the spoiler, Peter, realising that he can't swap their mind and that Ock just want to be a hero (and doesn't plan on killing his friends, or the avengers, or becoming a villains with his body), gives him his memory (so Ock think of them as being his own memories).   
    He probably does that to ensure that Ock will become a hero or at least someone knowing that great power means great responsability ( which is for me actually what Spidey stand for).  

but like you said earlier, 700 is like 3 issue. and there is avenging spider-man 15.1 too.   We can't judge what will happen yet.  
    there is something interesting about the scorpion going after Jameson... if the Scorpion is actually trying to kill someone (Jameson, Jay or May) Otto's reaction could mean a lot.

I want to make something clear : I don't like the idea of Ock in Pete's body.  I just said the story and the outcome could be interesting .   
    Maybe the point of all this is that Ock will, with time, realise he isn't superior to Parker.   

Otto slept with may with his own body. as long as he don't do it with Peter's I think it is not that gross. 
    MJ will probably figure something out if you look at one cover in particular.  

I found 698 to be a great read, with a twist you don't see coming (except if you saw something). If you don't know what is coming you can't see that something is wrong. Then when you know it you re-read it a second time to see if everything fit
    VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By VeganDiet

One thing that worries me. Slott has said that Mary Jane is going to be with Spider-man. There are two ways I see this happening: 1. She is aware that the body change happened, so she knows that Ock is in Peter's body, but decides to be with him anyway, which is insane, and terrible. 2.Or she doesn't know, and Ock-Peter is taking advantage of her thinking he's Peter to be with, which is not okay. I really don't want the Protagonist of my Spider-man book to be, essentially, well raping Mary Jane.

spideyfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By spideyfan69

@VeganDiet said:

One thing that worries me. Slott has said that Mary Jane is going to be with Spider-man. There are two ways I see this happening: 1. She is aware that the body change happened, so she knows that Ock is in Peter's body, but decides to be with him anyway, which is insane, and terrible. 2.Or she doesn't know, and Ock-Peter is taking advantage of her thinking he's Peter to be with, which is not okay. I really don't want the Protagonist of my Spider-man book to be, essentially, well raping Mary Jane.

this

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lamenoire
    @FadeToBlackBolt

This might be touched on in a "Peter's brain is making Ock a good guy" kind of way, but the trouble is that you have now got a villain who is  the hero. The hero doesn't need to exist. All conflict now occurs within the villain's psyche. The hero has been made redundant in his own series. Peter Parker doesn't exist any more, there are just two routes for Doc Ock to walk now.

There probably won't be two consciousness in his body (or at least not for long). This would be insane. It would be like the last Hulk serie.... 

Comics with a villain as a protagonist works but I don't think this is what will be going on). And comics  with a villain becoming a hero can work (Venom, Kaine...)
    Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lamenoire
    @DMXN: we saw one/two page, which were chopped intentionaly according to Dan SLOTT. We actually don't know how he dies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.